Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Constant controversy breeds apathy.
    Totally agree. They have killed Wally so many times in the past two years and treated him so badly that I just don't care anymore.

That's what constant controversy and frustration causes. Just not giving a crap anymore Mr Didio.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    The Mark Waid digital omnis of the Wally West run were in Comixology sale a couple of months ago.

I got them..with a bit of reluctance...because I must admit the bits and pieces of the run I’d read before had left me “Luke warm”.

However, read and really enjoyed start of run last night...not totally unexpected, since I knew he wasn’t a massive powerhouse at start of run, and I often find mid-tier (in terms of power) characters more interesting nowadays.

I’m sure that at some point Wally will become too powerful for my personal taste, but hoping it’s towards end of the run!
    Wally did become MUCH more powerful after #100, but Waid played it pretty well.
    Firstly by showing that Wally had NO idea what he could now do and was learning about his abilities as the readers were
    PLUS!
    He introduced Savitar soon after Wally's upgrade which made him feel TOTALLY underpowered when compared to the guy he was facing off against.
    Then there were villians where speed wouldn't help like Neron, The Suit and Major Disaster.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Totally agree. They have killed Wally so many times in the past two years and treated him so badly that I just don't care anymore.

That's what constant controversy and frustration causes. Just not giving a crap anymore Mr Didio.
    Unfortunately, aphathy isn't complaint about how you don't care.

Apathy is that you wouldn't be interested enough to comment about that. In other words, apathy is when you wouldn't care what DC do, because you wouldn't care about Wally anymore.

That is the apathy that Didio fear, but it is pretty difficult to achieve that apathy from fans.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-29-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wally did become MUCH more powerful after #100, but Waid played it pretty well.
    Firstly by showing that Wally had NO idea what he could now do and was learning about his abilities as the readers were
    PLUS!
    He introduced Savitar soon after Wally's upgrade which made him feel TOTALLY underpowered when compared to the guy he was facing off against.
    Then there were villians where speed wouldn't help like Neron, The Suit and Major Disaster.
    Cheers.

I thought the “power upgrade” might have happened around 100 issue “mark”, because I flicked through “Terminal Velocity” trade at library sometime ago, and was vaguely aware he started disappearing into speed force and getting new abilities soon after.

Read a bit more last night..got to half way point in first omni. Must say I’m finding it tremendously enjoyable, so maybe by time power surge comes, I’ll be too into the character for it to put a dampener on.

Put it this way...reading this thread...shows that Wally’s power levels are a minor issue...compared to daft way he’s being treated now. DC baffle me at times.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So how are you guys? I hope everyone's well. I kind of had to take a break from the Wally thread for awhile. What happened to him in HiC was pretty much my villain turn against DC.
    I hope you're well, too. Thanks for posting this and don't hesitate to come back here to share some cool memories about Wally's stories

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Must say I’m finding it tremendously enjoyable, so maybe by time power surge comes, I’ll be too into the character for it to put a dampener on.
    Welcome on board ! I hope you'll love what's coming in the next issues of Waid's Flash. Things keep getting better and better after Return of Barry Allen !

It's clearly not a good time to be a Wally fan but at least we have these great stories to share

Again, have fun !

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So how are you guys? I hope everyone's well. I kind of had to take a break from the Wally thread for awhile. What happened to him in HiC was pretty much my villain turn against DC.
    Well HiC still exists and hasnt been undone yet, with its second issue this week and Dick Grayson is still being a real Ric.... At least JL and JLD are good and Williamson’s Odyssey is off to amazing start....
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Well HiC still exists and hasnt been undone yet, with its second issue this week and Dick Grayson is still being a real Ric....
    Does this mean people are going to post bad pictures of Nightwing and claim "You've been ric-rolled"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does this mean people are going to post bad pictures of Nightwing and claim "You've been ric-rolled"?
    Thats.... actually a good idea... Better than this New Direction for the DCU
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Am tired of Dead Wally too.
    Apathy towards whatever crap Didio has his fingers and toes in. I still love my favorite characters... just can't take anymore of what the Editorial department is creating especially after they killed the promise of Geoff John's Rebirth rosebud.

Upcoming Books More Worthyof Daydreaming About than HIC and other DC Hiccups:
    The Flash by Mark Waid #4 (trade): I tried to pace myself because Creator knows when #5 will be released or even advertised for Pre-Ordering. It didn't work. I ended up galloping through the whole thing over the weekend and this despite already remembering most of the story plots. (Can't help but wonder how Wallyworld fared; and I know John Fox ended up in other book/s, but can't remember where.)
    At least the Impulse Omnibus will be out around Thanksgiving. Just a whole month away. Then the Young Justice trade reprint that includes Sins of Youth by first of December. I never did get to read more than a fraction of those two so yay for 'new' material!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    At least the Impulse Omnibus will be out around Thanksgiving!
    It has been cancelled. Sorry :/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Kid_Flash_Wally_West_012.jpg
    Wally finding out Barry died in COIE.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

COIE was my first comic-book and the first time I met Barry Allen and Wally West. Love at first sight. Since then I keep hoping for a team up book Wally/Barry. Something like what we saw in The Brave & The Bold #2 would be perfect !

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It has been cancelled. Sorry :/
    Yeah, though if iI understand correctly, there will be some paperback collections coming instead.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, though if iI understand correctly, there will be some paperback collections coming instead.
    Yeah, I think it had something to do with the paper quality used in the 90s or something. Heard it didn't look great in a deluxe format.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, I think it had something to do with the paper quality used in the 90s or something. Heard it didn't look great in a deluxe format.
    I read the same thing as to the reason why.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.