Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Thanks! Appreciate the answer
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

If DC were to make an Aqua-family line of books what else would you all like to see?

I think I’d want a Drift title. But they’re used to go out and find clues about the other kingdoms while also dealing with rebels of Atlantis. And of course fpbooks for Tempest and Aqualad. Garth getting. Ore of his rebirth origin told while also dealing with the mystical parts of Atlantis. Jackson’s moreso kind of taking the “between two worlds” trope that Arthur always gets but kinda of reversing them so he’s ready to leave the surface world and immerse himself in Atlantan/Xebellian culture.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    It seems like DC doesn't remember she's alive.
    The Parker run of Aquaman was done under an editor who left DC due to the Burbank move. So a lot of what they have done including Swamp Thing and Soule's Red Lanterns have really been swept under the table and basically been ignored. It's really telling of how much they wanted to get away from the previous runs by putting Cullen Bunn on Aquaman which utterly failed and eventually lead to the Abnett run on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    If DC were to make an Aqua-family line of books what else would you all like to see?

I think I’d want a Drift title. But they’re used to go out and find clues about the other kingdoms while also dealing with rebels of Atlantis. And of course fpbooks for Tempest and Aqualad. Garth getting. Ore of his rebirth origin told while also dealing with the mystical parts of Atlantis. Jackson’s moreso kind of taking the “between two worlds” trope that Arthur always gets but kinda of reversing them so he’s ready to leave the surface world and immerse himself in Atlantan/Xebellian culture.
    I think Mera should definitely have her own solo book, but she's basically a co-star in the main Aquaman book anyways so I wonder how well that would work.

Definitely books for Garth and Kaldur, or at least mini's.

Maybe revive the Aquagirl name to finally give Tula a book.

Manta could even run his own series based around him leading NEMO.

Two titles? Aquaman and a team book with Mera, Garth, Kaldur, Dolphin, etc. Like the Green Lanterns.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Aquaman doing his own thing, away from the Atlantis trappings for a bit, even Mera.

The Mera and the whoevers featuring Mera leading a team like MosSuperman suggested.

I'd even add Orm for a bit, face turn, maybe even tease him and Mera having an affair for added drama.

Then Arthur can come back and things can go from there in regard crossing the books over and how it they then develop
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Two titles? Aquaman and a team book with Mera, Garth, Kaldur, Dolphin, etc. Like the Green Lanterns.
    That would probably be the most practical, like how The Others book was probably the biggest spinoff book to come out of the Johns era.

Also! Don’t know if you all have the DC Universe app but they have a spotlight section for Aquaman right now. Movie cast, DiDio, Lee, PAD, Johns and more discuss the history, themes and relationships of Aquaman. It’s about 45 minutes and it’s pretty great.

Johns talks about how a lot of the concepts he had for Rise of the Seven Seas he worked with Wan to incorporate into the movie. So...we’re probably never getting that series lol.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-28-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

That is unfortunate. It's too bad DC doesn't press him to finish Rise of the Seven Seas in light of the movie's success. I mean it would be a perfect event to launch potential spinoff titles for Aquaman.

Yeah, Rise of the Seven Seas could be an absolutely epic storyline, either self-contained to Aquaman, or even helped with minis.

Alas, DC doesn't seem to hot about it, which is a shame.

At least Aquaman's kind of getting a Momoa-like style in the current run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would probably be the most practical, like how The Others book was probably the biggest spinoff book to come out of the Johns era.
    I forgot about that series. I only read two issues, was it good?

I forgot about that series. I only read two issues, was it good?
    I've heard it was solid, if not amazing.

hi. I mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone have a link to watch the DC Universe Aquaman Spotlight please?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    hi. I mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone have a link to watch the DC Universe Aquaman Spotlight please?
    Here you go!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like a book to focus on Tula, especially after the great work done with her from Johns, Parker, and Abnett. Maybe a mini. I wouldn't want it to just be about her and Garth though, in fact I'd prolly lose that.

A Mera ongoing can have Aquaman be the co-star just like Mera is the co-star in his book, but tell different stories. They can have adventures together or separately, depending.

Murk can absorb all the awful 90s Aquaman aesthetics, and Garth can take on the more magical stuff from that era- let Aquaman move away from all of that noise.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.