Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

As far as I am concerned, the "real" Cyclops will only be found in "X-Men '92" next year.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    We're gonna have a problem here..
    Don't quote me but he may be running a pizzeria at the moment. It's the busy season after all.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

No books at present.

BANNED

I'm gonna say this, probably many won't like it, but I'll say it nonetheless. There's nothing special or salvageable about 92 cyclops except stable relationship with Jean, he's not the leader of the x men nor an x man, and they did that because the writer has a clear bias against him and in favour of storm, Much more like Lemire. RightClops was the birth of modern cyclops that made him one x man to the X man, and going back to 92 is truly accepting a lesser replacement

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I find that I have almost no interest in the line without him, but I don't see him in any of the books.
    That's because he's dead...for now
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    We're gonna have a problem here..
    Lol

Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more shit done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.

His ghost is everywhere!

I never seen this before in all my years reading comics. You don't see him in any book, yet he's still the most talked about character in the books and outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I doubt he's a team/cast member that's there for the long term. If anything he's a villain that appears every so often despite being Right, yet again, because the Inhumans are extremely irresponsible about what they've done to Mutantkind. Like the Scarlet Witch.

Heck, they had to reach an agreement with Frenzy before even bothering to try and find a cure for what THEIR mists, that they had locked away before BB released it, is doing to Mutantkind.

The Royal Family also forgets that Rachel, Havok, Polaris and the such were extremely potent allies when they were in space. What with them hunting Cyclops, Rachel's father and Havok's brother, like a Dog for not being happy tat the Mist, that the Inhumans hoarded, is committing genocide because of the actions of their King.
    Well, most of the time, the villain do counts as a cast member, and like i said i think that he will be part of the book, but i dont think that he would be joining the Inhumans.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I think he'll turn up alive in Uncanny and eventually branch off into his own team book as the headliner... Bottom line, whether he survived or not it's very unlikely he was the only person got injured. I suspect someone close to him died during the conflict with Inhumans. I also can't imagine what good could from faking his death other than the possibility that he discovered something. That something is probably what spurred the conflict and he's probably lying low until he can safely expose it.

From reading AN Inhumans#1 its obvious that the Royal Family has achieved something that neither the X-Men or Magneto could achieve; international recognition as a sovereign state. The world didn't respect Astroid-M, Genosha or Utopia the way they've done with the Inhumans floating palace. Perhaps he's found out something that could change the way the world see's them but there are so many moving parts, he can't just pop up on capital hill and say his peace.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

His return will lead to the glorious return of Scemma.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinaci View Post
    Lol

Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more shit done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.
    I ask you do the whole song.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

From reading AN Inhumans#1 its obvious that the Royal Family has achieved something that neither the X-Men or Magneto could achieve; international recognition as a sovereign state. The world didn't respect Astroid-M, Genosha or Utopia the way they've done with the Inhumans floating palace. Perhaps he's found out something that could change the way the world see's them but there are so many moving parts, he can't just pop up on capital hill and say his peace.
    By international recognition you mean the whole marvel editors giving the writer green light to do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    His ghost is everywhere!

I never seen this before in all my years reading comics. You don't see him in any book, yet he's still the most talked about character in the books and outside.
    They do realize that Cyclops was the most upvoted character in their website, against vision (it was the same month as the movie) and captain marvel. Not even with all the characters insulting him his importance is diminished.
    Hopefully he'll turn up in uncanny with a psychic ship with psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He is Public Enemy #1 yet again because he tried to hold the Inhumans accountable like the Scarlet Witch.
    Correction- he tried to hold the Inhumans as a people responsible for the Terrigen cloud hurting mutants, which was released by Black Bolt and poisoned by whoever is behind the Skyspears. It was a mistake at best, a racist response to a whole people at worst. Which is out of character to me, because he should know better than to blame a superpowered subspecies for the extreme actions of some individuals belonging to it, given his history.

It will be cool to see him and Black Bolt interact down the line, though. They've both veered into shades of grey in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think he'll turn up alive in Uncanny and eventually branch off into his own team book as the headliner... Bottom line, whether he survived or not it's very unlikely he was the only person got injured. I suspect someone close to him died during the conflict with Inhumans. I also can't imagine what good could from faking his death other than the possibility that he discovered something. That something is probably what spurred the conflict and he's probably lying low until he can safely expose it.

Magneto was recognized as the leader of a sovereign nation when he had Genosha. The Inhumans have always been recognized as such, they just have permission from the UN to have their own diplomatic aid program that can operate across borders now, something they never needed in the past.
    Last edited by Reality; 12-07-2015 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    His return will lead to the glorious return of Scemma.
    There was nothing glorious about that trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    There was nothing glorious about that trainwreck.
    There were good moments, but how it started always poisoned my ability to enjoy it. Couple that with the relationship being rather stagnant after Warren Ellis's run on Astonishing - Bendis actually wrote them better as a couple after the breakup than the entire gamut of writers between him and Ellis (some might say Whedon). I'll even come out and say that Gillen might have been the worst at it (Look! A Scott, his love interest, and an antiheroic someone else love triangle! It's completely original!), despite his otherwise standout writing.
    Dark does not mean deep.