Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer & Ryan Ottley announced

We need better comics

That's cool, but I thought Spectacular Spider-Man was doing that same, "back to basics" thing.

BANNED

MJ and Felicia are mentioned in the interview, even if they don't appear on the cover.

"When you get excited to write Spider-Man, it's because you're also excited to write Jonah and Aunt May and MJ and Black Cat. You know, just there's so many incredible characters in this orbit, so getting to play with that cast, getting to make them a big part of our story is key. And I can say pretty much all of your favorites will be making an appearance at some point."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, the rumours were true about Spencer afterall. Hopeful he can do a good job on it.

Let's hope he brings his run is like his Spider-Foes and not his Captain America run. fingers crossed

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ and Felicia are mentioned in the interview, even if they don't appear on the cover.
    At least Nick mentioned them, I'll wait and see what he does with them though.

I love how Jonah looks like Nolan
    We need better comics

BANNED

Very, very excited for this.

Spencer is one of my favorite writers and his work on Superior Foes and Ant-Man, specifically, make him ideal for Spidey. His work on Sam Wilson Cap as well points to how well he's suited to Spidey as a big part of that book was Sam's struggles with being a hero, his struggles with his choices, and his often painful failures. All of those qualities should be part of a classic Spidey run.

I also love that Spencer is a writer who fits a lot into every issue. From what Spencer says in this interview, it's clear that Ottley is perfect to abet him in that, being able to get a lot of panels on the page.

Hats off to Dan Slott for his epic run and good luck to Spencer as he picks up the baton.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If I can hope for two back to basics aspects in this series its that Peter and MJ are finally dating again (let's be honest no one is gonna accept any other option at this point, they tried to kill it for good and it failed) and that Felicia gets out of the stupid bad guy phase already.

Interesting cover, no Otto or Red Goblin, so maybe Spencer is planning to give those two a rest given the usage Slott had for them. I would kind of like to have Otto remain a semi anti-hero if nothing else, but Secret Empire's probably squashed that with making him a Nazi...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, the rumours were true about Spencer afterall. Hopeful he can do a good job on it.
    My guess is that MJ will be the on/off lover while Black Cat will be the Catwoman to Spidey's Batman.

Bleedingcool just nailed all of these, didn't they?

BANNED

Another win for Bleeding Cool!

I expect some people will be apprehensive about this, but I'm excited (despite being irked by the whole renumbering thing). Ottley's art is distinct, and his facial expressions are suitably expressive for a book like ASM, where Peter's everyday interactions with his supporting cast are of paramount importance. Spencer is a very capable writer, and I think the perception of his run will benefit from the fact that his tenure as ASM writer will come after a very long (some might say over-long) run from one other writer.

I hope the villains on the cover are an accurate indication of what we can expect from the book. I like Doc Ock and Norman, but we could use a nice long break from them. Would also be nice to see some new villains popping up too.

Notable by omission from the cover; MJ and Harry.

Talking

I love how neither Black Cat or MJ appear on the cover but a couple rather obscure supporting characters, by comparison, do. Peter no romance for you lol.

I am, however, still excited for this. Spidey needs a fresh start IMHO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-01-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Let's hope he brings his run is like his Spider-Foes and not his Captain America run. fingers crossed
    I mean, based on the interview, that is the case.

Kinda disappointed to see MJ not on the cover, even if Spencer mentioned her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I love how Jonah looks like Nolan
    But will Jonah still know Spidey's identity or will he somehow forget and go back on his spider bashing crusade?