Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default SO Given how Avengers Endgame changes how we view time travel: How DC react ?

So given how the events of Avengers Endgame tries to redefine how we view Time travel: How will DC Comics react to this information going forward ?

The only development that will change our attitudes about time travel will be time travel actually happening. Every time travel story is fiction and every writer of time travel fiction is going to have their own idea regarding time travel and those ideas may or may not be affected by other fictions.

Why would they react? Time travel is different story to story. From Terminator to Back to the Future to Endgame.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why would they react? Time travel is different story to story. From Terminator to Back to the Future to Endgame.
    Yet the former two films try to change the past to change the future and Endgame shown that idea isn't possible.

Based on the reactions I've seen. Many people have 'Back to the Future' deeply embedded as the main guide for time travel. The Gruenwald take on time travel-where traveling to the past only creates a parallel timeline concept-which the movie uses will take while to sink into the public's consciousness.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The first two uses the linear time travel model. Endgame uses the branching time line model.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The first two uses the linear time travel model. Endgame uses the branching time line model.
    I was mainly pointing out who the method of time travel was different. Terminator nothing inorganic can go back in time, You use a car, etc. Also the fading in and out in from Back to the future doesn't really get used a lot in other time travel stuff. Usually they just blip out of existence immediately or something.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yet the former two films try to change the past to change the future and Endgame shown that idea isn't possible.
    Well sure they both try but one fails and the other changes everything.

Really, why does anybody have to do anything because of some Marvel/Disney movie?

Did Disney somehow gain control of the entire entertainment universe when I wasn't paying attention?
    Is this movie now required viewing for everybody punishable by fines and imprisonment or something?

I'm sorry, but the idea that anybody else has to do anything because of a silly movie seems presumptuous to me.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Time travel will continue to be used however the plot demands it to be used in that particular story.

Astonishing Member

Time travel has no rules anyway. Based on how its depicted throughout fiction, the safest way to explain time travel in a story is to say 'once you time travel, anything can and will happen.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Except Cap went to the past and stayed aging, and ended up an old man in that same time line, where he was once a young man fighting along other others.
    So yeah he changed it.
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own supposed "rule"

And DCU already had multiple universes and timelines, nothing new.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-10-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Except Cap went to the past and stayed aging, and ended up an old man in that same time line, where he was once a young man fighting along other others.
    So yeah he changed it.
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own "rule"
    I thought that he went to an alternate timeline, lived a life with Peggy there and returned to the main timeline as an old man. He had the Infinity Stones with him, so doing that was possible,

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    So yeah he changed it.
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own supposed "rule"

And DCU already had multiple universes and timelines, nothing new.
    Well the directors say time Cap went to an alternate timeline and jumped back to the main one when he showed up to give Falcon the shield while the writers say he only went back in the main MCU timeline and aged normally.

Time travel is always confusing and honestly who cares how it works? As long as it isn't terribly done and the adventure is fun that's all that matters.

I haven't seen Endgame but I expect DC's time travel to be the same as it's ever been...at the whim of the Speed Force .