Page 740 of 886 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Not surprised they used her feats from DoX. That's one of the things that I did like a lot from that mini series, letting aside the world wide illusion in which she used the Cuckoos, she kept Cyke's image up for a looong time by herself, and this against people who're resilient to Telepathy like Magik and then the Royal Family.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

In your opinion, does that Cyclops illusion by Emma in DoX give her the right to assess Luke's Force-projection trolling against Kylo Ren as "WEAK"?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    In your opinion, does that Cyclops illusion by Emma in DoX give her the right to assess Luke's Force-projection trolling against Kylo Ren as "WEAK"?
    Duuuuuuude, spoilers. Haven't watch SW yet.

But anyways, not a big Star Wars fan and I've always believed that Marvel TPs > Jedis in terms of Mind tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Duuuuuuude, spoilers. Haven't watch SW yet.

But anyways, not a big Star Wars fan and I've always believed that Marvel TPs > Jedis in terms of Mind tricks.
    Well, Marvel has done to telepaths what DC has done to speedsters. Not only they're overpowered, the powers are also overly convenient, then writers have to come up with lame excuses that why the fight isn't over in two seconds.

I've just had a thought that might make Emma leading the new Blue more realistic (hopefully this isn't unfounded optimism). Jean we know will be leading Red, and she and Emma have a friendly rivalry. Who better to lead the opposite color book?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I've just had a thought that might make Emma leading the new Blue more realistic (hopefully this isn't unfounded optimism). Jean we know will be leading Red, and she and Emma have a friendly rivalry. Who better to lead the opposite color book?
    I have the same feeling :-)

Emma/Jean is a winning combo and a rival-teams idea would be a great idea

Very bad Londo Bellian about spoling Star Wars. I haven´t watched it. I´m not a fan of Star Wars but still if I ever watch it I don´t want to be spoiled! Very bad.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, he did say it'll be a "completely new" team.
    I guess I don't see the point of maintaining a book's branding that's going to get a complete team replacement in three or four months. I'm left wondering what the point of this book would be post-o5 since it's an exiles books now.

As for Emma's involvement, she'd hasn't graced it's pages since the SE tie in or did I miss something? I guess Bunn can tease whatever he wants since we seem to not know who will be in the book going forward or what the book will be about? It all just seems a little confused and disorganized to me. Are we sure we want Emma in this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I guess I don't see the point of maintaining a book's branding that's going to get a complete team replacement in three or four months. I'm left wondering what the point of this book would be post-o5 since it's an exiles books now.

As for Emma's involvement, she'd hasn't graced it's pages since the SE tie in or did I miss something? I guess Bunn can tease whatever he wants since we seem to not know who will be in the book going forward or what the book will be about? It all just seems a little confused and disorganized to me. Are we sure we want Emma in this book?
    She'll be appearing in Mothervine (I'm pretty sure), which looks like should be starting in March, which appears to be the same time the team might be changing. He has said before that Emma is going be playing a major role in upcoming issues (and the impression was for a while). Apparently he has also been answering a lot of questions on tumblr from Emma fans, which wouldn't make sense if she wasn't going to be relevant.

And if we actually want him to write her, I think we should get an idea soon, with the cross time capers arc. Thinking back to the SE tie ins, it was more Soule bad (voice wasn't off as much as the characterization was). But if he's able to write her well in this arc there is hope that he might be able to write her well when he's able to write her as he wants rather than as he's told. Some of the blame on him can be shifted because he had to write someone else's idea.

She'll be appearing in Mothervine (I'm pretty sure), which looks like should be starting in March, which appears to be the same time the team might be changing. He has said before that Emma is going be playing a major role in upcoming issues (and the impression was for a while). Apparently he has also been answering a lot of questions on tumblr from Emma fans, which wouldn't make sense if she wasn't going to be relevant.

And if we actually want him to write her, I think we should get an idea soon, with the cross time capers arc. Thinking back to the SE tie ins, it was more Soule bad (voice wasn't off as much as the characterization was). But if he's able to write her well in this arc there is hope that he might be able to write her well when he's able to write her as he wants rather than as he's told. Some of the blame on him can be shifted because he had to write someone else's idea.
    I thought Bunn was referring to GenX Emma's appearance in the CTC. As for her appearance in Mothervine, March solicits aren't out yet so how do we know this?

I like how much of the benefit of the doubt you're giving Bunn on Emma's blue characterization. I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I thought Bunn was referring to GenX Emma's appearance in the CTC. As for her appearance in Mothervine, March solicits aren't out yet so how do we know this?

I like how much of the benefit of the doubt you're giving Bunn on Emma's blue characterization. I hope you're right.
    We know from solicits about the CTC, but the other information has mostly been inferred from twitter/tumblr, so there is the the possibility that everyone is wrong.

And yeah, I have this bad habit of hoping for something good but it ends up just being bad.

BANNED

We know from solicits about the CTC, but the other information has mostly been inferred from twitter/tumblr, so there is the the possibility that everyone is wrong.

And yeah, I have this bad habit of hoping for something good but it ends up just being bad.
    Bunn himself said that Emma has a role in the mothervine arc after CTC.

He'll probably have Jean/Scott "reason" with her after encountering the GenX Emma Frost. He made her a villain so that they (O5) could be the ones to "redeem" her....total bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Bunn himself said that Emma has a role in the mothervine arc after CTC.

He'll probably have Jean/Scott "reason" with her after encountering the GenX Emma Frost. He made her a villain so that they (O5) could be the ones to "redeem" her....total bullshit
    He didn't make her a villain, that was editorial/Lemire/Soule. They stated they always wanted her in Blue, and Bunn said before that he really didn't want those characters.

Not that he necessarily did well in writing her, but I think it's a little unfair to lay it all on him.

BANNED

He didn't make her a villain, that was editorial/Lemire/Soule. They stated they always wanted her in Blue, and Bunn said before that he really didn't want those characters.

Not that he necessarily did well in writing her, but I think it's a little unfair to lay it all on him.
    Bunn wrote that crap with SE. She's only been written like a villain in HIS book since IvX everyone else has written her sane and normal.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

My commission of a Emma-focused X-team came in, using the design I posted earlier in the thread. Emma, Kitty, Namor, Polaris, and Dazzler.

BANNED

It's good, but Emma & Dazzler look ...zafdig/plump