Page 242 of 371 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sihn also looks at Parsley and holds a hand out.

“The Amulet? You do have it, don’t you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sihn also looks at Parsley and holds a hand out.

“The Amulet? You do have it, don’t you?”
    Parsley raised an eyebrow. She pulled out the capsule in which the amulet was contained. She didn't hand it over right away, though. "I do, but I intended on giving it to Night of U18 since he's the creator."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If Sarada was safe, Maiz could breath easily. However, no matter how much she hated knowing it was true, as long as Tundra was out there, Sarada wasn't safe. He had made two different attempts on her life, that she knew of. As long as he was a threat to the Saiyans, she was going to confront him. And she was going to confront him alone.

She touched her forehead. "Then I ask that I accompany you to Earth. I need to speak with her, and let her know I'm alright. At least that will be one less thing on her mind." She had enough to worry about as it was. Not worrying about Maiz's well-being was a much unneeded load off her shoulders.
    Ochazuke folded his arms, head leaned forward in thought.

"It could be some time before we return to Earth. I don't suppose there is some way for you to communicate across the distance, provided you know the way" he asked, "Our Guardian, Evangeline, is unusually perceptive pertaining to cosmic matters."

Indeed, there had been at least one lingering matter over the last five years he had left unattended. With Auroc gone, the ground gained on this matter would be the next for him to attend to, one that concerned the scattered Guardians across the universe.

"Have you conversed with her before? In a remote sense, I mean."

"Two thousand years in the making," Maiz said. "His great-grandfather, Glacier, enslaved our race. Vocado rose up and challenged him, and killed him. I suspect that it where the blood feud between our races began." She chuckled bitterly. "The offender has been long dead, but we still can't let go"

She could only shrug. "Coincidence? I highly doubt someone dead set on killing Sarada and came all that way to do it would let someone else have the 'honor' if he knew about this first invasion."
    "An opportunity is still an opportunity for those who have been...biding their time," he said, "And to force a route in this manner..."

If the Saiyans were without allies, this would almost be the perfect scheme to guarantee a total defeat. But for the consideration of their guest, though his mind pored down the possibilities, he did not voice it further, given what little he truly knew of these circumstances.

"...but she is alive. As soon as she knows where to attack, assuredly those lost will be avenged. It would not do, however, for Sarada to lose herself entirely to this task."

Maiz poured herself a second cup of tea as she listened to the previously unknown tale of gods and heavenly wars. She knew a small bit about the Creation Gods. How could she not? It was a portion of their power that empowered her and allowed her to better help her race. What she didn't know was the greater story of this Asha'rah. Waging a losing battle for a good cause and killing her contemporary for the power needed to wage her war. Had she won, perhaps it would have all been worth it.

But, she lost. And the universe had been plunged in darkness ever since.

Maiz knew the role of the God of Destruction. Without one, those Asha'rah wanted to do away with rose to power with impunity.

What a waste.

"I see. I was almost a pawn on a cosmic ghost's chess board." She chuckled bitterly again. "I'm assuming his plan must have fallen apart if I'm here and not... wherever this Remnant needs me to be. How many other Guardians did he need to use?"
    "From what I hear, through Koorimaru the Remnant was pursuing three Guardians of a particular character to anchor his existence in this realm. Then he would come into his full power [post=4952475]through some cryptic prophecy he was less than forthcoming about."

“Three you will need. One, the warrior: trainer of Kings and Queens. Two, the heretic: one who broke their sacred oaths and suffered for it. Three, the dead yet living: one who has transcended the last barrier. When the three are brought forth, a Sacred and Profane Ritual shall combine their power with my own. The Gate will be open once more.”
    If it was indeed so desperate a matter, from Koorimaru's conduct it hardly seemed as dire as all the ancient players involved would imply it to be. Of course, before he could speculate further, their silent partner made himself known.

Voyavoda, as you spool up the engines, a figure suddenly floats down about three hundred meters away from the ship, right in line with your view screen.

It is the Arcosian, Koorimaru. He moves his hands up to his mask, slowly taking it off.

Ochazuke, you detect that slight flicker of strange energy again as you speak with Maiz.
    "...of course, all I can give you is a secondhand account," he said as he stood up, "Would you like to ask him yourself?"

Briefly, he closed his eyes, and amplified his focus with Kei'i-ken as he prepared his next action, clutching Nail's Artifact close as he started toward the bridge.

Joining Voyavoda, he stood behind the Nevadian in the pilot's seat as he observed. Surely enough, there Kooriary was in the shell he'd now possessed beneath his masked visage, but as he removed it, slowly the discordant energy seemed to rise.

"So now he wants to talk. I don't suppose he's hailed us, has he?"

Parsley raised an eyebrow. She pulled out the capsule in which the amulet was contained. She didn't hand it over right away, though. "I do, but I intended on giving it to Night of U18 since he's the creator."
    Sihn quirks an eyebrow.

“Night is not someone to trifle with, and that Amulet is on a long list of things that need to be taken care of. Why are you inge t on giving it back to him?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"It could be some time before we return to Earth. I don't suppose there is some way for you to communicate across the distance, provided you know the way" he asked, "Our Guardian, Evangeline, is unusually perceptive pertaining to cosmic matters."

Indeed, there had been at least one lingering matter over the last five years he had left unattended. With Auroc gone, the ground gained on this matter would be the next for him to attend to, one that concerned the scattered Guardians across the universe.

"An opportunity is still an opportunity for those who have been...biding their time," he said, "And to force a route in this manner..."

If the Saiyans were without allies, this would almost be the perfect scheme to guarantee a total defeat. But for the consideration of their guest, though his mind pored down the possibilities, he did not voice it further, given what little he truly knew of these circumstances.

"...but she is alive. As soon as she knows where to attack, assuredly those lost will be avenged. It would not do, however, for Sarada to lose herself entirely to this task."

"From what I hear, through Koorimaru the Remnant was pursuing three Guardians of a particular character to anchor his existence in this realm. Then he would come into his full power [post=4952475]through some cryptic prophecy he was less than forthcoming about."

If it was indeed so desperate a matter, from Koorimaru's conduct it hardly seemed as dire as all the ancient players involved would imply it to be. Of course, before he could speculate further, their silent partner made himself known.

"...of course, all I can give you is a secondhand account," he said as he stood up, "Would you like to ask him yourself?"

Briefly, he closed his eyes, and amplified his focus with Kei'i-ken as he prepared his next action, clutching Nail's Artifact close as he started toward the bridge.

Joining Voyavoda, he stood behind the Nevadian in the pilot's seat as he observed. Surely enough, there Kooriary was in the shell he'd now possessed beneath his masked visage, but as he removed it, slowly the discordant energy seemed to rise.

When the mask is removed, beneath it lay no face or feature of a Frost Demon.

Instead, where the mask had covered, a pit of glowing amber light lay like a sun set into the Arcosians’ face. No features, no nose or eyes or mouth, just the frame of the head and than a lot of glowing energy.

The light starts glowing brighter and brighter.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I’ve not trained with Saiyans before. I’m more a gunfighter than fist’o cuffs, myself.”
    Sihn says, patting his revolver.

Sheki’hinah also shakes her head.

“Despite my power I’m honestly not much of a fighter. I can punch and kick, but that’s about it. Asha’rah was the warrior. Any actual technique won’t be learned from me, sorry.”

The two look at Caliban, who groans and than sits down, puffing on a pipe.

“Fine! I can train Missy and a few others, but it’ll be in magic only. Low blow aside, punching people doesn’t tend to work fer me.”
    Parsley looked from Sihn, to Shek'hinah, and then finally on Caliban. Trained personally by an Angel? Parsley could never have foreseen this outcome, as acceptable as it was. "It's an honor to have such an esteemed mentor, Caliban." It was an exciting prospect. A divine being who resided in a universe that was dripping, overflowing with magical energy had her ecstatically imagining how the training was going to go.

The only downside was that it was only magic. Combat training with an angel would have been beyond anything she had ever encountered. Sadly, it would never come unless Asha'rah came to her senses and returned from wherever she was taken. Until such a time came, assuming it ever did come, this would more than do.

"When do we get started?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sihn quirks an eyebrow.

“Night is not someone to trifle with, and that Amulet is on a long list of things that need to be taken care of. Why are you inge t on giving it back to him?”
    "It's too late for that," she muttered. She sighed heavily. "I made a swear to return... something to him a few days ago. Unfortunately, I consumed a piece of Chance Fruit and it made me forget what that something was. I'm hoping that by giving him his amulet, he'll be willing to remind me of what it was." She was embarrassed to be voicing this aloud and it showed in her voice. "So, that's why. I only have a year to give him whatever it was that I promised to give him, or he'll take my eyes. As you can imagine, I would very much like to keep them. I've been told they're quite pretty."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sihn nods.

“Once Sakin is gone, I do plan on retiring. Oh, and the Beast God? Ask the GP on him. If it’s the same fellow, he was involved with the Meridian Crisis some years back. Was on their most wan tree d list for a long time. They might know more.”

Caliban pauses and then nods.

“A pixie? Pale blue grey skin? Is so you’re dealing with a Fae from the planet Tuath Dé, from Universe 16, which is where I hail from. We very careful, their magic is.......unparalleled. Oaths, Pacts, dangerous things. Often if broken, death swiftly follows.”
    Makes a mental note about the Beast God, before nodding at Caliban.

"That's her alright. Guess I'll have to figure some things out..." the woman sighed. Etrina had certainly bitten off more than she could chew.

Sheki’hinah meanwhile still looks displeased at Inanna’s cavalier attitude.

“The correct path is fine, but I’d rather you make it to the end of said path in somewhat good condition, daughter. You are notorious for.....bad injuries. Nevertheless, perhaps this group can be reasoned with: if they are going after Genesis as well, a threat you’ve said is quite large, they can’t be all bad can they?”
    "Hmm, how did the Lord Forger put it?" Inanna paused, to recall before repeating word for word.

“Perhaps I misspoke. By methods I don’t mean to interrogate or question the abomination as I think you would, nor bargain with it. I want it gone, and yes, it is for the benefit of the universe. Such a thing should not exist, and can only bring harm here... I have grown colder. I am less prone to bouts of heroism and honor. I don’t intend on battling this abomination face to face: I mean to strike from behind, from far away. Cowardly, perhaps, but practical. Your curiosity is your bane, Goddess. I can read it in you. It will lead you to your doom...”

“As for the Gallows Lord......an ace in the hole for if more direct methods are required."
    "I suspect, the more I ruminate... they mean to kill me." The woman said, calmly. "If they cannot suffer one abomination to live, and are unwilling to entertain my own thoughts on the matter; why would they spare me- ostensibly another abomination- the same fate?" The woman asked, before chuckling softly. "No... I suspect there will be no bargaining or haggling with them."

Inanna smiled.

"And why shouldn't I be cavalier? The alternatives are to go back to being a mouse. Pensive. Careful. I'm sick and tired of it. Let me be the cat for once, it may be my only chance."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I don't believe we've even met," Maiz admitted honestly. "I've been meaning to speak with her, but one thing after the other kept coming up, so any proposed meeting between us kept getting pushed back." The downside of having such a close hand in helping a young monarch rule an empire. "I've been training my telepathy. I'll give it a try once we leave this place."

"It's not beneath a person like him to be an opportunist. I suppose we'll find out once this fated confrontation finally happens." She only hoped it was after she managed to get a hold of Sarada. If nothing else, she wanted her to know she would be watching as closely as she could, even if it was from a distance.

"Trainer of Kings and Queens? That would be me." Mato, Toma, Sarada; along with Parsley, Pinach, and Rutaba, those were her prized children. At the time, she never would have imagined her deeds would have garnered her divine attention. She could have been flattered, but on the whole, the entire thing was so annoying. "I..."

Instead, where the mask had covered, a pit of glowing amber light lay like a sun set into the Arcosians’ face. No features, no nose or eyes or mouth, just the frame of the head and than a lot of glowing energy.

"What the hell?" This was the first time she had seen Koorimaru. It was her understanding that he was a Frost Demon, but that face... it wasn't that of an Icer of any kind she had ever encountered. It didn't even look like any kind of being she had ever seen. The amber light was bright, bright like staring at the sun directly. She shielded her eyes slightly, but just enough to block the light while still letting her keep her eyes on as much of the creature's body as she could manage.

"So, that's Koorimaru? I'm assuming that's not what he normally looks like." She assumed; otherwise Sarada would have mentioned he had a glowing face. She sighed and rose to her feet. "Open the hatch."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

And like that, the moment Koorimaru peeled off the veil of his kinsman entirely, it seemed the true player behind this twisted pantomime was revealed. Though whatever it was could scarcely be said to belong to the realm of mortals.

"What the hell?" This was the first time she had seen Koorimaru. It was her understanding that he was a Frost Demon, but that face... it wasn't that of an Icer of any kind she had ever encountered. It didn't even look like any kind of being she had ever seen. The amber light was bright, bright like staring at the sun directly. She shielded her eyes slightly, but just enough to block the light while still letting her keep her eyes on as much of the creature's body as she could manage.

"So, that's Koorimaru? I'm assuming that's not what he normally looks like." She assumed; otherwise Sarada would have mentioned he had a glowing face. She sighed and rose to her feet. "Open the hatch."
    "No," Ochazuke replied plainly. "Whatever he's exposed himself to resulted in what you see now."

They had scant seconds to act. Hyperfocused on this presence, Ochazuke put the entirety of his focus put behind his use of Banjakuza, in an instant amplifying his senses to lay its secrets bare.

All the while, the energies of his meditation field began to swell around them...

Broken from his reminiscence by Koorimaru appearing yet again--and then removing his mask to reveal... nothing--Voyavoda sighed. Calmly he placed his hand on the hull. A ship like this, though nimble, wouldn't be able to dodge an attack from this range... unless, of course, the distance were burned away.

And so, he waited.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

And like that, the moment Koorimaru peeled off the veil of his kinsman entirely, it seemed the true player behind this twisted pantomime was revealed. Though whatever it was could scarcely be said to belong to the realm of mortals.

"No," Ochazuke replied plainly. "Whatever he's exposed himself to resulted in what you see now."

They had scant seconds to act. Hyperfocused on this presence, Ochazuke put the entirety of his focus put behind his use of Banjakuza, in an instant amplifying his senses to lay its secrets bare.

All the while, the energies of his meditation field began to swell around them...
    An amalgamation of four energy signatures splash across his senses.

Koorimaru’s, hidden, restrained, trapped.
    An unknown Frost Demon, similar to Koorimaru’s but much weaker and subservient.
    Asha’rah’s, warm and kind and brimming with Creational energy.
    And an unknown Saiyan’s, Golden super energy wreathed in the slightly burnt sense of Hakai.

And the intent seems clear. It’s about to blast the ship to pieces.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley looked from Sihn, to Shek'hinah, and then finally on Caliban. Trained personally by an Angel? Parsley could never have foreseen this outcome, as acceptable as it was. "It's an honor to have such an esteemed mentor, Caliban." It was an exciting prospect. A divine being who resided in a universe that was dripping, overflowing with magical energy had her ecstatically imagining how the training was going to go.

The only downside was that it was only magic. Combat training with an angel would have been beyond anything she had ever encountered. Sadly, it would never come unless Asha'rah came to her senses and returned from wherever she was taken. Until such a time came, assuming it ever did come, this would more than do.

"When do we get started?"
    OT: A Creation God, not an Angel.

IC:

Caliban shrugs.

“I can give you a few weeks max. If any of yer friends are magical, I’ll take’em too. Might as well maximize how many get some training. But only magic people, see?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Makes a mental note about the Beast God, before nodding at Caliban.

"That's her alright. Guess I'll have to figure some things out..." the woman sighed. Etrina had certainly bitten off more than she could chew.

"Hmm, how did the Lord Forger put it?" Inanna paused, to recall before repeating word for word.

"I suspect, the more I ruminate... they mean to kill me." The woman said, calmly. "If they cannot suffer one abomination to live, and are unwilling to entertain my own thoughts on the matter; why would they spare me- ostensibly another abomination- the same fate?" The woman asked, before chuckling softly. "No... I suspect there will be no bargaining or haggling with them."

Inanna smiled.

"And why shouldn't I be cavalier? The alternatives are to go back to being a mouse. Pensive. Careful. I'm sick and tired of it. Let me be the cat for once, it may be my only chance."
    Sheki’hinah nods, sadly, then wraps her arms around Inanna and hugs her.

“Than be the cat, daughter, and hunt. But be careful, please: curiosity kills the cat, and satisfaction can only go so far to bring you back.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Then let's get started in earnest, eh?" Held replied simply, "Money is time, as the humans like to say."

He raised his hands over his head, stretching lightly.

"I'm glad your plan is to push your body beyond it's limits. This makes it much simpler."

His knuckles cracked and his palm collided with a closed hand.

"We'll just have to find the threshold that's your breaking point, and you'll either falter at that plateau, or go beyond it."

It would have taken a lot longer to teach the finer points of swordsmanship, but depending on how she responds to this, this could go easily enough...or be a waste of time. Then again, It's a good chance to work on some new ideas with my techniques...So, it's a win either way, I suppose.

"...Admittedly, the quickest and most effective way for you on our time table is through sheer physical effort, with a side of psychosomatic trauma..."

He laughed nervously, before stretching his left hand outwards, gesturing for his Toadian Apprentice to face him in battle.

"Shall we?"
    " Yeah, Let's do this. I learned the Way of Compression, the Way of Inflation, and The Way of Sparking from Althena." Surprisingly, Aoem masters who came before her knew a lot about Toadian physiology," Praxat said as she goes into boost mode and gets into a guard stance similar to a Muay Thai guard stance.

( This is the Zawk guard stance my ancestor Melina / Althena's martial arts teacher used over 2,000 years ago. ) Praxat thought. There's a strong and solid foundation in Praxat's Zawk stance. Her feet are about Shoulder Width Apart. her heels are slightly off the ground.

She's placing more weight on her right foot. her right hand is at the rear. Both her hands are touching her face. Her back is slouched. Her elbows are slightly out from her body . Her hips square to Held, and her tongue is slightly out
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.