Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Hypothetical Shattered Dimensions Sequel

If you were in charge of a hypothetical sequel to Shattered Dimensions, which Spider-People would you include? And which level/villains?

Personally, I think I would include five Spiders:

Amazing!Peter is a shoe-in, and I think he can largely keep his web-focused gameplay. Personally, I think his levels/villains should focus on lesser-known villains or ones who haven't been in games before, so I think these combinations would be good: Overdrive/Manhattan Chase, Black Tarantula/Shadowland and Kindred/Graveyard.

Miguel O'Hara can also be carried over largely thee same gameplaywise. I remember his levels being very same-y aesthetically, so I think focusing on variety would be good. I also think that 2099 was the universe least well-represented by its villains, so focusing on rogues from David's original run would be ideal: Venom 2099/Sewers, Discord/Virtual Reality and Thanatos/Alcehmax Tower.

Miles is a no-brainer, but in keeping with the whole "alternate universe" angle I think he should focus on rogues from his time in the Ultimate universe, especially with those associated with Roxxon since it could provide a useful through line for his levels: Human Fly Twins/HYDRA base, Taskmaster/Triskelion and Roxxon Brain Trust/Roxxon Tower.

Gwen is also a no-brainer, and I imagine she would focus on her symbiote powers like Ultimate Peter in the original. She's also the one I'm least familiar with, so someone feel free to offer different suggestions: Harry!Green Goblin/Midtown High, Black Cat/Concert Hall, Matt Murdoch/Kingpin Headquarters.

Mayday I think could also be interesting. IIRC while she largely has the same powers as Peter, she does have a more robust Spider-Sense as well as a more expansive version of wall-crawling. Could probably make some more platforming-focused levels with her: Mayhem/Oscorp, Red Queen/Avengers Tower and Daemos/Forest Hills.

Peter Miles Gwen Cindy 2099 dlc: Scarlett and Superior
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah, I feel like if you do the game again, it probably won't be multiple versions of Peter and you'd use all the other AU Spiders and lean into Into the Spider-Verse.

I wonder if Miles would be styled after the Ultimate comics or the art style of Into the Spider-Verse...but I feel like part of that would overlap with the Earth-65 aesthetic of Gwen.

Astonishing Member

This would be an easy excuse to get more consistent lore about the tablets that Spider-Man keeps encountering.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Since it was basially the inspiration behind the original Spider-Verse comic I could see it with Morlun and the Inheritors being the central antaognists. And if there's four primary playable characters again then it'd probably be Peter, Miles, Gwen and Miguel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Since it was basially the inspiration behind the original Spider-Verse comic I could see it with Morlun and the Inheritors being the central antaognists. And if there's four primary playable characters again then it'd probably be Peter, Miles, Gwen and Miguel.
    I feel like the Inheritors would be better Boss Fights than they were as comic antagonists.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Wasn't Edge of Time already a sequel to Shattered Dimensions?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    yeah its a sequel based on the wiki
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Inheritors would be better Boss Fights than they were as comic antagonists.
    They would be massively better this way. It would also give time to develop them more.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They would be massively better this way. It would also give time to develop them more.
    Or at the very least it would be very satisfying beating the tar out of them in the Punch Out sections.

I guess technically (there's a line of dialogue in the beginning that implies Peter knows there are other versions of him out there), but I'm more talking about a sequel that focuses on alternate Spideys that were either introduced after the original game was released (Miles, Gwen) or weren't in the original game to begin with (Mayday).

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter Miles Gwen Cindy 2099 dlc: Scarlett and Superior
    I'd rather there were no character DLCs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well they could actually get a proper fight for once... But I doubt they'd be interesting as bosses though, aside from how gaming has been colossally lazy with boss fights for years now, Morlums are interchangeable in every way, aside from those twins who are always together, guess that could be cool as a dual boss... But the other 5? Yeah... You'd need creativity to make 5 fuckers with essentially the same basic powers and personality stand out from each other.

It was yeah.

Can never get why the sequel cut off the other two Spider-Men lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'd rather there were no character DLCs lol.

Well they could actually get a proper fight for once... But I doubt they'd be interesting as bosses though, aside from how gaming has been colossally lazy with boss fights for years now, Morlums are interchangeable in every way, aside from those twins who are always together, guess that could be cool as a dual boss... But the other 5? Yeah... You'd need creativity to make 5 fuckers with essentially the same basic powers and personality stand out from each other.

It was yeah.

Can never get why the sequel cut off the other two Spider-Men lol.
    I supposed that is was in order to get a more focussed story, the dynamic between Miguel and Peter is what really carries most of the game's plot. But it does affect the gameplay in a bad way sadly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I supposed that is was in order to get a more focussed story, the dynamic between Miguel and Peter is what really carries most of the game's plot. But it does affect the gameplay in a bad way sadly.
    Yeah, I don't think two other Spiders would've worked within the story, although it would've been hilarious if they all switched the 4 VA's so Gilvezan was, like, Noir and Neal Patrick Harris is Ultimate .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah a game focusing more on story at the cost of gameplay tends to be a recipe for disaster lol.