Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1401

I think my earliest Wally memory is an issue Geoff John's run where he fought The Top at what I believe was a carnival. It was the first comic my dad ever bought me. I kind of get emotional just thinking about it.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I have been reading the Mark Waid digital Flash vols over the last few weeks.

By coincidence I read (for first time) exactly this story line last night.

I agree with you that they are very good comics. My only caveat is that I think it was one of those story lines where maybe Flash being in a shared super hero universe didn’t work particularly well.

I wasn’t convinced for a second by the premise that only Wally West had the necessary attributes to stop Kobra. (Bear in mind Wally hadn’t become ludicrously over-powered at this point...that was to come shortly after.)
    Nice. I just finished reading it last night too.

We'll I think because of the force field around the city no hero was able to get in so it was just Wally and Jesse on their own in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    A bit off topic, but I'm starting the Teen Titans series from the nineties. I just finished TT #12 where the fab five meet the Titans and it's really cool.

And I've to admit, after the reading of HiC #3, some of Wally's quotes in this issue are truly hilarious...
    Which quotes?

As far as HIC, a couple of quotes from Born to Run, issue 0 and Terminal Velocity from Wally also stuck out to me. Like that his life was his dream come true. He was living the best life ever. That it was all about wish fullfillment. That Wally is always happy and hopefull.
    The opposite of every thing in HIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I want to say Terminal Velocity was my first Flash comic as a kid. I got the whole story arc (in single issues) for christmas one year, and it came in this really cool Flash box. At that point I was hooked!

Also I believe it’s issue 92 or 91 which is the first appearance of Bart Allen in the Flash. I can’t believe how much that issue is going for!!!! I was lucky enough to find it several years ago in a collection of 14 issues for like $25.
    Cool. That's a good first issue to have. Mine was dead heat so pretty close. Flash box? Sounds awesome. What did it look like?

Yeah that comic is worth some money.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Here it is! I wish they would still do stuff like this.

2A92B2C8-6DDF-4417-9613-49EA89CA607F.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Which quotes?
    Wally saying that everyone might be an illusion. You didn't realize but it was there since the beginning and King just brings it back in HiC x)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    One of the best runs of the Titans, one of my all time favorite comic runs ever. Jurgens and Grayson I consider to be one long run since there are elements that run throughout both series.
    I just finished TT #12, but I have to agree, it's really great and fun. The perfect adventures if you want to spend time with your favorite character. And the dialogues are really well written !

I also finished The Brave and the Bold #8 where Wally and the twins meet the Doom Patrol. Great issue and I really miss the way Waid used to play with the DCU and its characters. Aaaaaaaand the last page with Wally was devastating.

Wally saying that everyone might be an illusion. You didn't realize but it was there since the beginning and King just brings it back in HiC x)

I just finished TT #12, but I have to agree, it's really great and fun. The perfect adventures if you want to spend time with your favorite character. And the dialogues are really well written !

I also finished The Brave and the Bold #8 where Wally and the twins meet the Doom Patrol. Great issue and I really miss the way Waid used to play with the DCU and its characters. Aaaaaaaand the last page with Wally was devastating.
    I also love that run! It features one of my iterations of Ray Palmer.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I think my earliest Wally memory is an issue Geoff John's run where he fought The Top at what I believe was a carnival. It was the first comic my dad ever bought me. I kind of get emotional just thinking about it.
    Was that the one where the Top is like a zombie? Can you post the cover?

That's awesome. I never saw that. Truth is I bought my first comics from a k mart where they had random comics in a closed bag on a rack. They would put the good one in the front and the other two would be crap. Lol.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Is this the Jurgens TT? With the four parter. I think where Lilith gets that big robe and hoodie and went by Omen.

I never heard of that issue. Is that the newer Brave and the Bold series? Now you got me curious.

Always looking for Wally appearances I haven't read yet.

Yup, this is the four part story by Jurgens and Perez.

The Brave and the Bold #8 :

https://www.comixology.fr/The-Brave-...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

There are also some really cool crossovers between Jay and Batman or Barry and the Blackhawks !

Yup, this is the four part story by Jurgens and Pérez.

The Brave and the Bold #8 :

https://www.comixology.fr/The-Brave-...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

There are also some really cool crossovers between Jay and Batman or Barry and the Blackhawks !
    Actually, the writer was Mark Waid, not Dan Jurgens.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-b...e/4000-118170/

Waid & Jerry Ordway did the team-up of Batman and Jay in issue #13.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-b...s/4000-130845/

I was talking about TT #12 ^^

And if you read WallyWestFan's post, you can see that I already mentioned Waid For TB&TB #8. But thanks for posting these gorgeous covers !

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I can't believe I've never seen this!
    That is pretty damn awesome!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Trading cards too? I didn't see any in your collection you posted. Can we see them?
    I'm at work at the moment, but when I get the chance, I'll pull out the binders and show some off.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I can't believe I've never seen this!
    That is pretty damn awesome!!
    Definitely sold me on The Flash as a kid. I was already a big fan of the JWS live action show and then I discovered they had comics too?!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Definitely sold me on The Flash as a kid. I was already a big fan of the JWS live action show and then I discovered they had comics too?!
    Lol. Same. I only knew who the Flash was through the TV series. My first issue was 110. It was Dead heat with Jesse fighting lady Flash on the cover. I was so confused. It says Flash on it but I don't see him on the cover.

It was very confusing for a 7 year old. Lol.

Hi guys, I hope everyone is fine (a little thought for our friend Kyer) ! Glad to see this thread is brighter than ever !

I wanted to share something I knew nothing about : Tangent : Superman's Reign, published in 2008.

Tangent_Supermans_Reign_1.jpg

As you can see on the cover, our Flash leads the way to what looks like a really cool crossover and a glorious trip across the Multiverse ! I read the first issue, written by Jurgens, and I thought it was a nice introduction. The first few pages are really exciting : Wally against Johnny Quick and Earth-9 Mirror Master. As I said, glorious.

I don't know if you guys knew this maxi-serie, but I would be really glad to have your opinion on this

Have a nice week everyone !
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 12-03-2018 at 02:46 PM.