Page 182 of 207 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3091

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    On that note, Kinu's lack of insight has, for the moment, only allowed her to appreciate Krys shielding themself from the carousel in a roundabout way.

Not to diminish anything, but from this distance, she thinks they just got merked. A bit presumptuous, perhaps, but then again, she's a bit of a meathead. Blame that spit in her eyes.
    Makes sense to me. Krys is some ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I would be curious to see where you would go with it.
    The details would probably have ended up being finnicky in terms of how far I could stretch the concept since there isn't actually a summoning system in place, but I would have tried to do something like "attack coming your way, you can stop it by doing an attack or not" to represent Jane summoning something to attack something else and then perish in the attempt.

And of course, I would have tried at times to do some thematic reflections, not only in terms of fun necromancy stuff but also the character themes of Jane's agency, and Jane feeling concerned about controlling others, and also Jane feeling controlled to some extent to control others, and so on
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...boy, I would have liked to see where this led. ^_^

There's a lot in the characters in the game I would have liked to see more of (not just Jane).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...boy, I would have liked to see where this led. ^_^

There's a lot in the characters in the game I would have liked to see more of (not just Jane).
    For sure. Would have been interested in where Kinu and Ella could have gone to, and of course, the other "character" in terms of where Nik was potentially leading us O_O
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I am out of town today, will either update tonight if I can run things remotely or tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
    WiFi at the Premier Inn extremely spotty, will update when I get home this afternoon.

Am now back at home and have a couple of questions for grampgen before I can run things.

Apologies for the number of revisions but grampgen is in a complex situation and has a lot scope to do cool shit.

Gen, I already ran the numbers for [RUM Point + Strong Style] -> [Grapple] -> [Additional Basic ATK] -> [Auto-Fling] and it's going to be a pretty wild amount of damage, so I would /strongly/ suggest doing that.

Gen, quick note, I am a little drunk ATM and fully got Strong Style and Squash Match confused, but I have run the numbers on the basis of you using Strong Style as locked in.

BUT, this has alerted me that Squash Match is incomplete. As a Body type Persistent, you are entitled to a Lesser Non-Combo Offensive Effect a basic combo (2 Moves long from the Body Combo Table) or a Defensive Body Condition applied to Kinu when you use that Technique.

Feel free to amend the Technique to add something cool in addition to the auto-fling.

Yay to everyone getting a cool combat moment
    -Stephen McCranie

Transition post for Cassa's play up.

Sorry this has taken so long, will try and complete this turn phase soon.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Transition post for Cassa's play up.

Sorry this has taken so long, will try and complete this turn phase soon.
    No need to apologise, I've not been here so things have been a bit strangulated. Have posted so Cassa has done its thing.

All clear for you to post Kinu's actions.

Small flavour note, using a RUM point is tapping into the underlying source of Khazan itself which is an immense and endless wellspring of energy. The power arrives through that pull that all players feel at the base of their soul that was referenced outside the gate, that which is pulling them towards the top of the great tree. The energy feels like it is reacting to their desire, manifesting the reality that they wish to create with their action.

For a moment, Kinu will be filled with a dizzying fraction of all of infinity. Her muscles will feel as if she could suplex a continent, her vision becomes clearer, her mind goes into a sort of supreme flow state as suddenly everything feels completely possible to her. But it is only fleeting, a RUM point represents the barest embers of a flame against the sun itself which is the true power of the power that shakes the heavens, The Rumble.

So, feel free to riff on that.

Good stuff!

I'm interested to see how people write the Rumble effects in their own posts. Sadly, I cannot do that. ^_^

Question - by what mechanic did the Paralysis-Stiffen get cured?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Good stuff!

I'm interested to see how people write the Rumble effects in their own posts. Sadly, I cannot do that. ^_^
    "Sadly" haha. Man removes his own ability to use a mechanic and then bemoans its absence haha.

Question - by what mechanic did the Paralysis-Stiffen get cured?
    Flavour-wise: Cassa spread a bunch of Nanobots around the environments and restored all PCs, removing the effects of the toxic mud.

Mechanics-wise: Cassa used an Epic AoE ENR Recovery Technique which caused Purge and removed the Paralyse - Stiffen condition.

[QUOTE=Nik Hasta;6474833]"Sadly" haha. Man removes his own ability to use a mechanic and then bemoans its absence haha.[quote]

Wouldn't be much of a negative trait if I didn't care about it at all!

Not my thing, but it would have been interesting to write, is what I'm saying.

Flavour-wise: Cassa spread a bunch of Nanobots around the environments and restored all PCs, removing the effects of the toxic mud.

Mechanics-wise: Cassa used an Epic AoE ENR Recovery Technique which caused Purge and removed the Paralyse - Stiffen condition.
    Okay, I get that. No worries, I mixed up Withstand with Purge. ^_^

Rather pleased Cassa did this rather than me needing to use more Energy up - back to full, in any case.
    Why are we here?

Okay, now I’m back to wishing Jane was here to get healed and experience kinus cool effect
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Okay, now I’m back to wishing Jane was here to get healed and experience kinus cool effect
    I AM happy that I get to write up a reaction post to this.
    Why are we here?