Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

The only thing I didn't like about Enemy of the state was that random reveal that it was actually Bellona who killed people. That was like, 100% unecessary and cheaped the story before it even ended for real. I actually need to catch up as I didn't even read the issues with the brood.
    It really came out of nowhere but at least kept Laura from having more deaths in her consciousness.

Well the cards have already been given and the bets are high hope marvel knows what they are doing because this is a unique opportunity for Jean and his fans.

I hope everyone will support the title at least in the beginning to see where this will end.

BANNED

Number 1: https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...24580378873856

Number 2: Mark Paniccia it's not an artist, but an editor. Idk if that was a typo or not, but, as the main editor of the X-line right now, he does know what's gonna happen in books, and he has been giving A LOT of clues about X-Men Red, what's gonna happen on other books, art previews, etc.

Number 3: My worry is more because he said she could get a new codename in the future. She never had a codename as a Phoenix host, and that just seems like a weird idea.

Number 4: "You like the character Jean Grey, just be happy Adult Jean Grey is back and see where the stories take us." Yeah, I'm trying to do that, but it's exactly because of how long she was away that it's so important for me that she has the best now. I always had a lot of expectations for her return, so I know it's inevitable to get disappointed, but I can't help it, and I don't have anywhere else to express my opinions so I'm gonna keep doing it here, even if sometimes it's negative, gonna try not to do that way too much.

I hope you're right about her being Phoenix though, as it's how I want things to go.
    Number 2: Brevoort has told fans that Jean would never come back, right up till AvX and the introduction of teen Jean. Editors are not going to spoil everything that is going to happen in the books. If we know everything in advance, why would we buy the books? I also remember an answer in the letters page in the comics in the 90s when fans asked if Jean Grey would get a codename. The editors gave a vague response that they were working on a codename for her, and shortly after the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix came out.

I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing negative opinions. However, you don't actually have these issues out in front of you, and there's no reason to get frantic over something that's not out, especially when you don't have the full context of what's happening. Example the very first image of Jean in that armor was not a flattering look. But upon the release of other images of her new costume, it looks nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Apparently solicits say that Jean is coming back and she will have no recollection of her past and who she is.

Will anyone be pissed if she stays this way and doesn't regain her memories?

There is no point in Jean coming back if they are just gonna keep her as a shell of herself. It's the same as bringing in some random redhead who looks like her with "Jean Grey" as her name. Hell, it would be like plucking an adult Teen Jean from some alternate timeline.
    I doubt she would be able to lead a team, or that anyone would follow her if she's amnesiac.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I doubt she would be able to lead a team, or that anyone would follow her if she's amnesiac.
    Yeah she will probably regain her memories through all the Phoenix Resurrection books.

I don't have a problem with the 05 but with Jean returning i really don't see a place for the current teen Jean, though I am a fan. I think a good way to get rid of them without necessarily getting rid of them is that with Jean's return it turns out the current 05 are in fact the past incarnation of the 616 versions and with Jean back time corrects itself. The 05 merge with the current ones and what happened to both stay in tact. Iceman got to come out. Scott can come back as O5 scott is aged up. Beast can stay blue or be more human like and now knows magic and isn't behind in science. And Jean gets the new power up from Teen Jean and also a chance to have gotten to live more of a life as a teen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

They say the O5 will have a very poignant moment soon and we will definitely know who they are.
    First X-Lady

Awaiting the x-men red cover variants.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    They say the O5 will have a very poignant moment soon and we will definitely know who they are.
    I hope Champions shows that team's reactions to the news should Cyclops be altered or removed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't have a problem with the 05 but with Jean returning i really don't see a place for the current teen Jean, though I am a fan. I think a good way to get rid of them without necessarily getting rid of them is that with Jean's return it turns out the current 05 are in fact the past incarnation of the 616 versions and with Jean back time corrects itself. The 05 merge with the current ones and what happened to both stay in tact. Iceman got to come out. Scott can come back as O5 scott is aged up. Beast can stay blue or be more human like and now knows magic and isn't behind in science. And Jean gets the new power up from Teen Jean and also a chance to have gotten to live more of a life as a teen.
    Maybe Beast and Angel would each be able to switch between their different forms? Blue, demon (the white horned form) and human for Hank, Archangel, flame wings, and feather wings for Warren.

Oh goodness. Tom Taylor added my tweet about X-Red to a twitter moment. XP

https://twitter.com/i/moments/928831999216828416

Fantastic Member

Rosenberg's tweet with Phoenix Jean gif makes me not to lose hope! Mahmud Arsar the artist of the book liked a tweet about Phoenix Jean.

Made a poll about whether Jean should be Phoenix or not:
    http://community.comicbookresources....rey-be-Phoenix

I've seen a lot of people arguing for both, so I'm actually curious what's gonna win.

I’ve been enjoying all this Jean news and have so much to look forward to. All this plus the Dark Phoenix movie, Jean should be the x-character of 2018.

Now if only the x-men could get another cartoon or game.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member

Made a poll about whether Jean should be Phoenix or not:
    http://community.comicbookresources....rey-be-Phoenix

I've seen a lot of people arguing for both, so I'm actually curious what's gonna win.
    I think Jean should be Phoenix, but she should "share" the curse/responsability. By giving a piece of the Phoenix to all the proper Phoenix Hosts like Quentin, Hope, Rachel, the Korvus sword, perhaps X-Man and the 3 Cuckoos. It would still be hers, so she could get them (the pieces) back whenever she wants it. It would help her live a more normal life.
    Wasnt there a magician in 90s x-calibur who was in training preparing himself to be Phoenix host?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Jean should be Phoenix, but she should "share" the curse/responsability. By giving a piece of the Phoenix to all the proper Phoenix Hosts like Quentin, Hope, Rachel, the Korvus sword, perhaps X-Man and the 3 Cuckoos. It would still be hers, so she could get them (the pieces) back whenever she wants it. It would help her live a more normal life.
    Wasnt there a magician in 90s x-calibur who was in training preparing himself to be Phoenix host?

No offense, but that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've seen here. Either Jean's Phoenix, or she's not. Send the bird back into the cosmos for some future use years down the line if Jean no longer has it. The Phoenix has already been diluted and watered down by so many people having a connection to it. It needs to be clarified and simplified for best effect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    No offense, but that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've seen here. Either Jean's Phoenix, or she's not. Send the bird back into the cosmos for some future use years down the line if Jean no longer has it. The Phoenix has already been diluted and watered down by so many people having a connection to it. It needs to be clarified and simplified for best effect.
    it would be like a well planned phoenix 5. not to random people. Also, the Phoenix continuity is such a mess, that many people have been Phoenix hosts simultaneously.