I’m on the side of Jean should keep the name but send the force back to space. Jean can reach Phoenix level on her own.
    First X-Lady

The thing is that Phoenix is it's own character now. So it would be confusing and just kind of weird for Jean to call herself Phoenix when the Phoenix force is out there. But, well, we already know that's not gonna happen for now as Paniccia confirmed she goes by Jean.

Plus being called Phoenix without it's power is not good. I hated when they did that briefly in the '90's. Jean seemed so weak at that point, despite having the powerful Phoenix name.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The thing is that Phoenix is it's own character now. So it would be confusing and just kind of weird for Jean to call herself Phoenix when the Phoenix force is out there. But, well, we already know that's not gonna happen for now as Paniccia confirmed she goes by Jean.
    The Phoenix may be its own character but its deeply associated with Jean since Jean is the reason of its existance in the first place. Taking the Phoenix away won't work as it hasn't many times. What we need is Jean to finally embrace it. Embrace her role and go Cosmic and not just Earth. To explore more and more her connection with the Force and do Phoenix work and interract with other Comics Entities like in Generation with Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    The Phoenix may be its own character but its deeply associated with Jean since Jean is the reason of its existance in the first place. Taking the Phoenix away won't work as it hasn't many times. What we need is Jean to finally embrace it. Embrace her role and go Cosmic and not just Earth. To explore more and more her connection with the Force and do Phoenix work and interract with other Comics Entities like in Generation with Galactus.
    That's what I think too. I'm just talking about the "Jean uses Phoenix as a codename while not being a Phoenix host" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it would be like a well planned phoenix 5. not to random people. Also, the Phoenix continuity is such a mess, that many people have been Phoenix hosts simultaneously.
    Yeah, and when did the Phoenix stuff in Mighty Thor, Jean Grey, and Thanos happen relative to each other? They were all being published at the same time just a few months ago! I know the Thor story takes place before Generation X starts, because Quentin was involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Plus being called Phoenix without it's power is not good. I hated when they did that briefly in the '90's. Jean seemed so weak at that point, despite having the powerful Phoenix name.
    Agreed. I do think the suit helps her control her Phoenix powers though. We will see.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and when did the Phoenix stuff in Mighty Thor, Jean Grey, and Thanos happen relative to each other? They were all being published at the same time just a few months ago! I know the Thor story takes place before Generation X starts, because Quentin was involved.
    A phoenix five consisting of:
    1. Jean
    2. Emma Frost
    3. Rachel
    4. Quentin Quire
    5. Stepford Cuckoos

I think would be nice...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Agreed. I do think the suit helps her control her Phoenix powers though. We will see.
    Me too! The Phoenix fire effect in the cover looks that way...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Jean should be Phoenix, but she should "share" the curse/responsability. By giving a piece of the Phoenix to all the proper Phoenix Hosts like Quentin, Hope, Rachel, the Korvus sword, perhaps X-Man and the 3 Cuckoos. It would still be hers, so she could get them (the pieces) back whenever she wants it. It would help her live a more normal life.
    Wasnt there a magician in 90s x-calibur who was in training preparing himself to be Phoenix host?
    Those characters have nothing to do with the Phoenix and it's not a part of them. The Cuckoos are a play on the Village of the Damned and the Stepford Wives. Phoenix is not a part of their concept. Korvus is just a lame character that's been written off. Quentin is an omega mutant who doesn't need the force. It's okay for Rachel to have a connection to the force. Hope fulfilled her mission, and her connection to the force is gone and her character fulfilled it's purpose.

Those characters have nothing to do with the Phoenix and it's not a part of them. The Cuckoos are a play on the Village of the Damned and the Stepford Wives. Phoenix is not a part of their concept. Korvus is just a lame character that's been written off. Quentin is an omega mutant who doesn't need the force. It's okay for Rachel to have a connection to the force. Hope fulfilled her mission, and her connection to the force is gone and her character fulfilled it's purpose.
    A character like Cannonball or Sage have nothing to do with the Phoenix. It's incorrect to say the ones he listed dont

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A character like Cannonball or Sage have nothing to do with the Phoenix. It's incorrect to say the ones he listed dont
    Conceptually those characters have nothing to do with the Phoenix. The Phoenix in the context touches all living being, including Cannonball and Sage. However it is significantly tied to Jean Grey in ways that it is not tied to other characters, save Rachel.

Fantastic Member

Conceptually those characters have nothing to do with the Phoenix. The Phoenix in the context touches all living being, including Cannonball and Sage. However it is significantly tied to Jean Grey in ways that it is not tied to other characters, save Rachel.
    Jean's connection is stronger even to Rachel's since she became one with Phoenix. The White Phoenix of the Crown.

Really hoping this book will be well received by fans and critics alike and that it sells well.

Also J Scott Campbell has been drawing up a Jean storm. Check his Twitter and Facebook.
    Last edited by 5cents; 11-14-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    First X-Lady

I'm really not sure what to think or what to say of this team...

But, i like the new girl (i hope she don't have time or strong powers) maybe fire or water powers or toxic... I'm ok with namor though.
    Last edited by jorge17881; 11-14-2017 at 04:44 PM.