Page 129 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    The more hear about his DCEU plan the more I am glad that we didn't see it.
    Dick Grayson being his dead Robin was enough to make me balk at his overall vision

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of Alfred, will they bring back Jeremy Irons? Ditto for JK Simmons's Gordon.
    I mean, those two could conceivably carry over pretty well into a new Batman, but I can see them wanting to start completely fresh casting-wise.

(And if this means the end of Jared Leto as the Joker, I am all for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of Alfred, will they bring back Jeremy Irons? Ditto for JK Simmons's Gordon.
    Amazing actors and a shame they didn't get to do more but with a younger Batman I'd much rather see a younger Alfred and Gordon. Would be ideal to have Alfred/Gordon age with Batman as in Batman: Year One, for example.

Since Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker movie is set up in the 80’s and this Batman movie is set up in the early stage of Batman’s career, rumors are saying the 90’s, I would not be surprised if The Joker movie is actually the first in this Batman universe and WB integrates this Joker in to the Matt Reeves Batman world. It’s too much of a coincidence not to be, and I don’t think WB is going to cast a third Joker in less then a decade for the Matt Reeves trilogy also. It will be too confusing to have a present, past, and elseworld Joker running around at the same time, just use the new one you had set up already with Joaquin . They can say all they want about this upcoming movie being an elseworld Joker, but maybe the whole Matt Reeves Batman is an Elseworld Batman.

I think that’s what they should do anyway at this point, you have the main DCEU with the remaining characters of that world and then you got a whole new Batman universe that is not connected to the main timeline. You can pretty much do what you want with story telling.

It’s not like we are getting another Justice League crossover movie anytime soon anyway so they won’t have to worry about mentioning what happened to Batfleck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    So the next Batman could possibly be a millennial? Wow, for the first time in my life I could potentially end up being older than Batman?
    millennial Batman doesn't mean Gen Z Batman lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Random killer x View Post
    Since Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker movie is set up in the 80’s and this Batman movie is set up in the early stage of Batman’s career, rumors are saying the 90’s, I would not be surprised if The Joker movie is actually the first in this Batman universe and WB integrates this Joker in to the Matt Reeves Batman world. It’s too much of a coincidence not to be, and I don’t think WB is going to cast a third Joker in less then a decade for the Matt Reeves trilogy also. It will be too confusing to have a present, past, and elseworld Joker running around at the same time, just use the new one you had set up already with Joaquin . They can say all they want about this upcoming movie being an elseworld Joker, but maybe the whole Matt Reeves Batman is an Elseworld Batman.

I think that’s what they should do anyway at this point, you have the main DCEU with the remaining characters of that world and then you got a whole new Batman universe that is not connected to the main timeline. You can pretty much do what you want with story telling.

It’s not like we are getting another Justice League crossover movie anytime soon anyway so they won’t have to worry about mentioning what happened to Batfleck

I'm not THAT familiar with Juaquin Phoenix... but he doesn't really seem the type to tie himself down with a franchise like that. He's always strikes me as the 'make a movie, and move on to the next project'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm not THAT familiar with Juaquin Phoenix... but he doesn't really seem the type to tie himself down with a franchise like that. He's always strikes me as the 'make a movie, and move on to the next project'.
    this is the exact reason he turned down Dr Strange

BANNED

I for one am sad that Snyder could not finish his saga because I was enjoying watching it unfold. Maybe we will see it in the future someday, or another creator will be inspired by his work and want to tell the story. However, it was never about the story, it was Snyder's own personal studies on characters he idolized. the problem was the fanbase's entitlement with those characters. A director is an artist and an artist should be able to create what they want. He didn't need to reassess his vision because he personally liked it and that's what matters. If you love what you're making you're doing it right, so I disagree that WB made a bad decision. It's too bad that the films were so divisive, but it happens and will happen again, many either loved or hated them and I'm clearly on the loving side

I’m sure Joaquin Phoenix and WB thought about this before starting this movie, and how many times will they need him to appear anyways if he were to appear in the Matt Reeves movies, probably one or two more times? He will have done most of the major work in his origin movie already at that point. Besides Joker is a much more interesting character to play then Dr. Strange is
    Last edited by Random killer x; 02-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I for one am sad that Snyder could not finish his saga because I was enjoying watching it unfold. Maybe we will see it in the future someday, or another creator will be inspired by his work and want to tell the story. However, it was never about the story, it was Snyder's own personal studies on characters he idolized. the problem was the fanbase's entitlement with those characters. A director is an artist and an artist should be able to create what they want. He didn't need to reassess his vision because he personally liked it and that's what matters. If you love what you're making you're doing it right, so I disagree that WB made a bad decision. It's too bad that the films were so divisive, but it happens and will happen again, many either loved or hated them and I'm clearly on the loving side
    I actually would have liked to see the vision that Kevin Smith mentioned in the video above

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Dick Grayson being his dead Robin was enough to make me balk at his overall vision
    There were so many conceptual misses. His supposed plan sounds awful to me even in concept. We have seen that even with his good concepts there were issues with execution. It would be naive to think that his execution would suddenly be perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I for one am sad that Snyder could not finish his saga because I was enjoying watching it unfold. Maybe we will see it in the future someday, or another creator will be inspired by his work and want to tell the story. However, it was never about the story, it was Snyder's own personal studies on characters he idolized. the problem was the fanbase's entitlement with those characters. A director is an artist and an artist should be able to create what they want. He didn't need to reassess his vision because he personally liked it and that's what matters.
    Uhhhh no.... When someone else fronts 250 MILLION dollars and it fails to capture the audience... then yeah, WB is perfectly right to say NO.. we will not give you ANOTHER 250 MILLION dollars. Those 'artists' who put up their money and make their own movies have the freedom to do what they want. This was never that. Big money studio pictures using licensed characters... Even if they LET you do what you want... there is no guarantee of getting the NEXT picture too.

Quote Originally Posted by Random killer x View Post
    I’m sure Joaquin Phoenix and WB thought about this before starting this movie, and how many times will they need him to appear anyways if he were to appear in the Matt Reeves movies, probably one or two more times? He will have done most of the major work in his origin movie already at that point. Besides Joker is a much more interesting character to play then Dr. Strange is
    I'm sure they did think about it... and that's probably the reason that they're calling it a stand-alone elseworlds story. Honestly, I'd have to see it before I was on board with him being the 'main joker'. The pictures I've seen look terrible. The idea of an origin isn't great to begin with... but an origin without batman involved is just... bizarre. I really don't think this movie will be all that.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm sure they did think about it... and that's probably the reason that they're calling it a stand-alone elseworlds story. Honestly, I'd have to see it before I was on board with him being the 'main joker'. The pictures I've seen look terrible. The idea of an origin isn't great to begin with... but an origin without batman involved is just... bizarre. I really don't think this movie will be all that.
    I got to think they had the idea of this maybe being a starting point so they greenlit this movie and went to production pretty quick knowing all the issues with Ben Affleck may not come back and Matt Revees wanted a young Batman anyways. It’s a calculated risk, they are playing the waiting game until Matt Reeves gets his stuff together and to see if Affleck is coming back or not and at the same time put the Batman brand out there with a movie about his arch nemesis, if it fails they will go on to say it’s a stand alone film as mentioned and if it’s a great success it gets connected and is great starting point to the Matt Reeves franchise. As you said it’s bizzarre to have an origin story and I’m sure they would not have done it if they didn’t think it was somehow connected to a bigger picture.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar