Page 238 of 301 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Scott is blindly following the will of Xavier even knowing it will get teammates killed, all to bank on Cerebra reanimating them.
    He didn't know they'd all die.

He lost all sense of tactical planning on the Orchis assault,
    You mean the assault that succeeded despite a surprise suicide bombing?

I'm not a huge Jean fan, but having her crying in the back of shuttle begging for help is a complete character 180 from the last three years.
    Jean maintained a telepathic uplink to the Earth while feeling the deaths of all her friends. What was she supposed to do at that point? Also, she wasn't begging anyone for help. She was just distraught at the loss of the team.

Logan A) Not trying to kill Emma B) Not trying to kill Scott C) Not trying to kill Mystique D) Not trying to kill Sabertooth
    He has no reason to kill Scott or Emma these days (especially not with a timeskip), and it was already established Krakoa has brokered a peace with those villains that Logan grudgingly adheres to. Something he has done more than once before.

just happily playing with children is disturbing to watch.
    Done that before, too.

BANNED

Logan used to be a regular guest star in Power Pack lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What is profoundly different?

- Scott is essentially the same driven radical he became on Utopia through to Bendis, now a general following a higher plan from Moira and Xavier
    - Jean is the same character, despite her fans' complaints that she is not owning everyone and starring in the maxiseries
    - Logan is also exactly the same

What is different about these characters, other than they are trying something new while retaining their existing personalities? Because I see no change.

And as for complaining about the far future and how things might change, if you follow that logic to its extreme, what is the point of any new regime writing anything new? What is the point of new comics and new ideas?

Claremont changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Morrison changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Other writers wrote the books - their stuff stuck intermittently.

What is it you want to read and happen? Because this is as big a change as has come along since 2001.

Hickman said up front there are 99 heroes and 98 villains (or something) in the new era. That's intentional. We are supposed to be divided in our feelings about the new X-Men ethos. Some of us love it, some of us are appalled by it. Some of us have conflicting feelings. They are supposed to seem like they could be both heroes and villains. They are supposed to feel alien, different but familiar. They are supposed to make us think. And BTW, that doesn't make Emma the villain anymore than it makes Scott or Jean or Logan or Ororo the villain. So far, from what we have seen, every single major X-Man is for Krakoa and driven by the cause with a passion. No one is out to get Emma here. This is just the new status quo for everyone, and Emma is front and center with Scott, Logan, Jean and the rest.
    I think this shouldbe stickied.

I honestly don't blame people for being hesitant to trust the x-office to give us anything without the other shoe dropping but I feel people constantly demand change and then complaint when we get them cause there's a lot of unanswered things. I mean, there's discussions here about once Hickman leaves, like, the dude is only just starting!

I honestly haven't felt this excited in a while and even if some things don't fully click, that is clearly the intention and I'm okay with that. I'm sure this will have lasting and probably positive effects years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Classic cover art by Greg Horn from Emma Frost #5 (January, 2004):

Are we calling 2004 stuff classic? Cause I didn't feel old enough! >_>

Also those Emma haters who used to come in her and say she only has her position because of Scott can eat their words. As Emma is a high ranking member due to her own merits here

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also those Emma haters who used to come in her and say she only has her position because of Scott can eat their words. As Emma is a high ranking member due to her own merits here
    clap emoji. preach. clap emoji. it. clap emoji.

I look forward to Emma and Storm interacting. The only thing I find a bit daunting and I saw the theory the other day is what if Moira is turned into an Omega sentinel and the flower is distributing nanintes to humans. But then I'm sure Krakoa or someone would sense that. So it's probably not a great theory

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I look forward to Emma and Storm interacting. The only thing I find a bit daunting and I saw the theory the other day is what if Moira is turned into an Omega sentinel and the flower is distributing nanintes to humans. But then I'm sure Krakoa or someone would sense that. So it's probably not a great theory
    I have a weird theory about the flower medicines:
    Theory #1 - the flowers make a genetic alteration in all humans that causes all future children to be mutants. The X-Gene becomes dominant in the human race.

Theory #2 - the flower makes it impossible for the machines and humans to become part of each other. It's a defence mechanism against the Phalanx and other techno-organic races and the flower medicines might be deadly to any race that tries to assimilate the human/mutant race.

Theory #3 - baseline humans without the X-Gene are sterilized. This is pretty evil so I don't know if they would go there. I know Emma and any of the X-Men would never condone this one, so this would be Mags and Xavier going all out evil and hiding the truth from their people.

Theory #4 - people who lost their powers or people who have a recessive X-Gene will become mutants if they take the medicines regularly.

I don't want to comment on any of the spoilers so I don't want to pursue that conversation right now, I have a few things to say tomorrow after the issue comes out.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I honestly believe that we fans got so accustomed to bad comics and the X-Men getting treated like crap that getting some actual good comics and having the X-Men stand so prominently is getting everyone suspicious. Like yeah, I get it, there are some ominous vibes but that's mostly because getting a new status quo in which the X-Men got tired of getting fucked by everyone and decided to get their own place is so weird because every time it happens it doesn't end well (Genosha or Utopia come to mind) so I can understand why everyone is wary.

That being said I don't get the "everyone is being controlled part" most of the characters read perfectly normal. Xavier is shady AF but hey, that's nothing new.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member

If Leland is resurrected, should they resurrect him as he was when he died? why not resurrect him younger and not fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I honestly believe that we fans got so accustomed to bad comics and the X-Men getting treated like crap that getting some actual good comics and having the X-Men stand so prominently is getting everyone suspicious. Like yeah, I get it, there are some ominous vibes but that's mostly because getting a new status quo in which the X-Men got tired of getting fucked by everyone and decided to get their own place is so weird because every time it happens it doesn't end well (Genosha or Utopia come to mind) so I can understand why everyone is wary.

That being said I don't get the "everyone is being controlled part" most of the characters read perfectly normal. Xavier is shady AF but hey, that's nothing new.
    Because if they aren't being controlled, that means that a lot of character development happened off panel, which is worse.

Scott meeting Xavier? Emma/Jean/Scott's confrontation? Logan/Emma/Mystique death battle? Rest of team seeing the person they decried as Mutant Hitler, and the woman they threw under the bus afterwards? Jean suddenly being suicidally meek?

All important events in the lore of the X-Men. All thrown by the wayside for Hickman to create another "Age of Blank". Krakoa might not end when House of X does, but it won't last. So important character moments are entirely abandoned to try and push a status quo that doesn't feel deserved.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Something must be going on, but it can't be the island can it? They're still on it after the minis. Xavier wouldn't let Emma get away with mind control generally, and the other runs are meant to be canon. Magneto definitely just tried to murder Emma and whatever happened in Rosenberg's run doesn't sound good for her lol

Maybe Moira came back and united them? The resurrections were out of order; maybe we'll get more information soon. Either way, much as I loathe Sabertooth, I'm loving Hickman's Emma Frost. I was surprised the Cuckoos are following her again, though. I missed a lot of Bendis' mess, but I thought they were upset with her. Lol I feel like such a loser! I've been out of the X-Game and don't know anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because if they aren't being controlled, that means that a lot of character development happened off panel, which is worse.

Scott meeting Xavier? Emma/Jean/Scott's confrontation? Logan/Emma/Mystique death battle? Rest of team seeing the person they decried as Mutant Hitler, and the woman they threw under the bus afterwards? Jean suddenly being suicidally meek?

All important events in the lore of the X-Men. All thrown by the wayside for Hickman to create another "Age of Blank". Krakoa might not end when House of X does, but it won't last. So important character moments are entirely abandoned to try and push a status quo that doesn't feel deserved.
    I get and understand your point but IMO the status quo that we had was such a fucking mess that having everything solved on panel would probably take so fucking long. They will probably address bits then and there but, it was just too much to try to fix on panel space that he certainly needed to tell his story.

I can honestly live with that, specially with the Emma we're getting so far.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Something must be going on, but it can't be the island can it? They're still on it after the minis. Xavier wouldn't let Emma get away with mind control generally, and the other runs are meant to be canon. Magneto definitely just tried to murder Emma and whatever happened in Rosenberg's run doesn't sound good for her lol

Maybe Moira came back and united them? The resurrections were out of order; maybe we'll get more information soon. Either way, much as I loathe Sabertooth, I'm loving Hickman's Emma Frost. I was surprised the Cuckoos are following her again, though. I missed a lot of Bendis' mess, but I thought they were upset with her. Lol I feel like such a loser! I've been out of the X-Game and don't know anything!!
    I think Emma is following 100% the plan, not only because she agrees in general, but because she probably feels in debt. After all they resurrected two of her daughters, and this may resurrect all her dead students. I hope we get to see Tarot, Catseye etc

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Emma is following 100% the plan, not only because she agrees in general, but because she probably feels in debt. After all they resurrected two of her daughters, and this may resurrect all her dead students. I hope we get to see Tarot, Catseye etc
    God, I really hope so.