View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 995 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 495895945985991992993994995996997998999100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 16972
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #8

Deadpool #2

Excalibur #5 - Rictor's new outfit is growing on me

Fallen Angels #5 - Bling! joins the cast

New Mutants #5 - Karma is part of the team

Star #1 of 5 - Loki guest stars. It looks like he is still watching out for the new possessors of the Infinity Stones, although Ripley is even less receptive to his help than Hector was in the INFINITY WATCH miniseries last year.

Strikeforce #5 - in addition to the usual LGBT inclusive cast, we also had Jacopo Camagni filling in as guest artist.

Anything I missed?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #8

Deadpool #2

Excalibur #5 - Rictor's new outfit is growing on me

Fallen Angels #5 - Bling! joins the cast

New Mutants #5 - Karma is part of the team

Star #1 of 5 - Loki guest stars. It looks like he is still watching out for the new possessors of the Infinity Stones, although Ripley is even less receptive to his help than Hector was in the INFINITY WATCH miniseries last year.

Strikeforce #5 - in addition to the usual LGBT inclusive cast, we also had Jacopo Camagni filling in as guest artist.

Anything I missed?
    New Mutants also had Magik ask one male and two female members of the Shi'Ar Death Commandoes if they wanted to make-out with her and Hypernova said she would if she wasn't working.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    New Mutants also had Magik ask one male and two female members of the Shi'Ar Death Commandoes if they wanted to make-out with her and Hypernova said she would if she wasn't working.
    Interesting! I know a lot of readers have seen a lesbian subtext to Illyana before, but this is the first example I've heard about of anything so explicit. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Interesting! I know a lot of readers have seen a lesbian subtext to Illyana before, but this is the first example I've heard about of anything so explicit. Thanks for sharing.
    Since one of the aliens was male and the other a non-humanoid, it’s more likely that the hint is towards pansexuality than lesbianism. Only Hypernova is presented as a humanoid female. It also read more like: “We can fight or we can kiss” kinda mocking. Especially given the fact Illyana specifically asked them to confirm they weren’t human so she knew killing them wouldn’t break Krakoa’s law of killing humans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Since one of the aliens was male and the other a non-humanoid, it’s more likely that the hint is towards pansexuality than lesbianism.
    Sorry, I worded my earlier post poorly. The lesbian aspect was only referring to the subtext that other readers have commented on in the past. Clearly this scene would be implying bi or pan sexuality, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    It also read more like: “We can fight or we can kiss” kinda mocking. Especially given the fact Illyana specifically asked them to confirm they weren’t human so she knew killing them wouldn’t break Krakoa’s law of killing humans.
    Even in a mocking context, it is suggestive. Not necessarily conclusive, but its a least a hint in the direction of Magik not being totally straight.

I hope someone somewhere someday revisits America and Alloy

Astonishing Member

In case you haven't already heard; there will be an upcoming OUTLAWED Related 5 issue Miniseries called POWER PACK which will involved Julie Power/Lightspeed & her siblings.....!!

Leah Williams is writing a new X-Factor with Daken, Prodigy, Rachel Summers and Northstar in the cast.
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21...-leah-williams

The rest of the team was chosen for their investigative capability: Eye Boy for his x-ray vision, Rachel Grey as the resident telepath (“She’s our team’s James Dean,” Williams’ says), Prodigy because “his powers make him an investigative Swiss Army Knife,” Daken because the team needed a “fucky thot enforcer.”

And Magneto’s daughter, Polaris? “Northstar may be the team leader,” Williams said, “but Polaris is the north star. For everything.”

Northstar is one of Marvel’s earliest openly gay characters, and his wedding to his husband Kyle was the first depiction of a same-sex superhero wedding in a main DC or Marvel continuity. His inclusion in X-Factor offers Williams and Baldeón an opportunity to unpack a different kind of minority relationship in the X-men world: A mutant married to a baseline human.

“Kyle is a human living in a world built for and by mutants — comparatively an outsider [...],” Williams said. “We’ll see a lot of their married life and will be exploring all the important nuance to their living situation in Krakoa. (We’ll actually see a lot of every X-factor team member’s romantic life...) Tini Howard [Excalibur, Thanos] and I might also be collaborating on a really exciting story involving human existence in Krakoa, so be on the lookout for clues about that in one of our books!”
    Last edited by Holt; 01-13-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Leah Williams is writing a new X-Factor with Daken, Prodigy, Rachel Summers and Northstar in the cast.

Lol love the way you just included Rachel on the list. Hopefully Leah does the same.

Listen, all I'm saying is after like 30 years they finally just let Illyana ask an alien girl if she wants to make out in New Mutants. I have hopes Marvel will finally stop screwing around and confirm what we all already know about Rachel.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I genuinely thought Rachel was already?

Oppps!

Will Prodigy try and homewreck Northstar and Kyle?

I hope so. Kyle is dull.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Oppps!

I hope so. Kyle is dull.
    True that Prodigy's a homewrecker(attempter at least) but I was thinking more about Daken lol.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Oppps!

I hope so. Kyle is dull.
    Kyle is only dull because he's never been utilised. Any character can be interesting, boring characters are a reflection of a writer who shouldn't be using them.

I'm not sure about the team but I'm definitely intrigued. I think they're just a bit mish mash. Glad Northstar (and Polaris) is making a comeback.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

A team with half of its roster being queer, Northstar as the team leader AND we get to actually explore his love life? I'm all in.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...98778449108994

So, apparently, Leah has plans for a story that touches on gender identity and what are the protocols for trans mutants who die and are brought back in a new body. This has A LOT of potential. And I hope we get a prominent trans character out of this instead of just background representation.