Page 455 of 473 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Hey, does anyone know if Jean ever faced Galactus? Other...than young Jean? I mean?
    Seemingly, only Phoenix back in the same issue where Teen Jean fought Galactus is technically the case where Jean faces Galactus. Even I sometimes forget that Phoenix was also there fighting Galactus because of the shock value of Teen Jean facing Galactus.

Outside of that one instance though, no. Not really. Only in alternate realities: What-If Dark Phoenix destroyed the universe and pre-Extermination, when Teen Jean grows up in a dystopian future.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Seemingly, only Phoenix back in the same issue where Teen Jean fought Galactus is technically the case where Jean faces Galactus. Even I sometimes forget that Phoenix was also there fighting Galactus because of the shock value of Teen Jean facing Galactus.

Outside of that one instance though, no. Not really. Only in alternate realities: What-If Dark Phoenix destroyed the universe and pre-Extermination, when Teen Jean grows up in a dystopian future.
    Didn't Rachel with PF stalemate Galactus?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    There have been people in late 20s playing teenagers in the past.

Jean Grey may not be a teenager in MCU.
    She doesn't look like a teenager lol

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

That's crazy, one in-continuity instance of interaction between Jean and Galactus and it's almost 2023! I know Rachel has not only fought an alternate future version of him to a standstill but there is also an issue of Excalibur where she almost gets eaten by the 616 Galactus. But I honestly thought there would be at least a couple more Jean vs Galactus stories. Wow...that's crazy! I wonder how many big Marvel villains there are that Jean hasn't fought or had any interaction with before. Annihilus? I don't think she's met Annihilus...oh, that would be an epic fight.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thank you, GS. It's good to see that you're still around! :hug:

In other news, this rumor has been circulating heavily today. Admittedly, although I am usually not a big fan of race-swapping—this is due to a variety of reasons, not least of which is my belief that more unique and iconic diverse characters should be created not recycled into being—I can totally envision this and in a good way. (I felt the same way back when I saw people suggest Savannah Lee Smith.)

I can't accept this. Doesn't Disney have until at least 2025 to re-cast X-Men characters?

We will see. Sounds like a cool scene to introduce Jean Grey. I only know the actress from Sex Education and cannot say I remember her acting well. I though for a while that her Sex Education co-star Mimi Keene would make a fantastic Jean Grey...so so, close.

But I enjoy seeing that our beloved Jean Grey is getting some casting rumors already. So there is still some interest in the character left, I suppose.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-27-2022 at 01:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    We will see. Sounds like a cool scene to introduce Jean Grey. I only know the actress from Sex Education and cannot say I remember her acting well. I though for a while that her Sex Education co-star Mimi Keene would make a fantastic Jean Grey...so so, close.

But I enjoy seeing that our beloved Jean Grey is getting some casting rumors already. So there is still some interest in the character left, I suppose.
    People love Jean, and interest has never truly waned with general audiences and she usually gets play from the producers in the other mediums. It's mainly just the comics dudes that really don't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    People love Jean, and interest has never truly waned with general audiences and she usually gets play from the producers in the other mediums. It's mainly just the comics dudes that really don't like her.
    I'm a "comic dude" (I think. I don't know what that means unless it means dude who likes comics) and I like Jean, I just don't like that they kept killing her off. I was like..."Oh, Jean's dead again. Better break out the good stuff!" and then came the X-Men TAS binge-watching to deal with the emotional trauma.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-27-2022 at 03:07 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Exactly. Fans still LOVE Jean.

The loss of interest is in movies where they kill Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm a "comic dude" (I think. I don't know what that means unless it means dude who likes comics) and I like Jean, I just don't like that they kept killing her off. I was like..."Oh, Jean's dead again. Better break out the good stuff!" and then came the X-Men TAS binge-watching to deal with the emotional trauma.
    Lol.

I cannot wait till the new TAS next year!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think Simone could be a great Jean. However, the only people I see really talking about it are Simone Ashley fan accounts on Twitter, and it doesn't seem to be getting more traction outside of that.

I think its a bit too early for an X-Men casting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lol.

I cannot wait till the new TAS next year!
    There's a NEW one?! Sigh...looks like I better get caught up on the old one again just in case!

BANNED

I'm a "comic dude" (I think. I don't know what that means unless it means dude who likes comics) and I like Jean, I just don't like that they ke
    pt killing her off. I was like..."Oh, Jean's dead again. Better break out the good stuff!" and then came the X-Men TAS binge-watching to deal with the emotional trauma.
    I meant the majority of the guys who have been in charge of the comics over the years.

There's a NEW one?! Sigh...looks like I better get caught up on the old one again just in case!
    Hope I didn't spoiler it for you, but yes, there is a continuation of the series called X-Men '97, to come out next Fall!

It was announced a while ago and the team has most of the originals involved, stating to show each character, Jean included, in their best light.

Hopefully, Jean will lead the team and really expand her on-screen power usage and presence!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-27-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hope I didn't spoiler it for you, but yes, there is a continuation of the series called X-Men '97, to come out next Fall!

It was announced a while ago and the team has most of the originals involved, stating to show each character, Jean included, in their best light.

Hopefully, Jean will lead the team and really expand her on-screen power usage and presence!
    That would be sweet!

I meant the majority of the guys who have been in charge of the comics over the years.
    Oh...yeah, that's not me. But if I were in charge of comics...well, there is so much I would want to do (and undo).