Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Between pandemic hockey, pandemic baseball, and pandemic basketball, hockey is the winner. The NBA has been boring without crowd reactions, the MLB has been okay, but the NHL is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Between pandemic hockey, pandemic baseball, and pandemic basketball, hockey is the winner. The NBA has been boring without crowd reactions, the MLB has been okay, but the NHL is best.
    I can definitely agree with that. Not that I'm much of a basketball or baseball fan, but I think the hockey has been pretty exciting.

Stars just beat the Avalanche 5-4 to take a commanding 3-1 series lead.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Another frustrating night for my Flyers who came up short in a 3-2 loss to the Islanders whom they just haven't been able to solve all season long. Down 3-1 in the second round series, Philly is on the precipice and could be sent out of the bubble tomorrow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Another frustrating night for my Flyers who came up short in a 3-2 loss to the Islanders whom they just haven't been able to solve all season long. Down 3-1 in the second round series, Philly is on the precipice and could be sent out of the bubble tomorrow.
    I'm totally bummed out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm totally bummed out.
    Same here. I think Philly has only beaten the Islanders once all season, and that was in game two of this playoff round just the other night. This does NOT look good.

Philly looked alright last night, but just couldn’t keep the momentum going their way. 2 loses in a row is pretty rare for this Flyers team. They’re going to have to get 2 wins in a row if they want to stand a fighting chance.

My Flyers coughed up a 3-1 third period lead against the Islanders in game five last night, but won in overtime to keep the series alive. Game six is tomorrow.

Looking forward to it. Go Flyers!

After trailing 3-1 in their series, the Flyers have won the next two games in overtime to tie the series. Having fought so hard to stay alive, I think the Flyers will prevail in Game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    After trailing 3-1 in their series, the Flyers have won the next two games in overtime to tie the series. Having fought so hard to stay alive, I think the Flyers will prevail in Game 7.
    The return of forward Oskar Lindblom, nine months removed from a cancer diagnosis was certainly uplifting for the Flyers last night. Now comes the endgame tomorrow night. In my humble opinion, no sport around, not even a Super Bowl can match the drama and intensity of a game seven in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Mighty Member

Well, the boys gave it a good run, but Vegas was too much for them.

Canadian hockey fans have to learn that if they want their team to be a Stanley Cup contender, than they have to be willing to have their team spend a significant amount of time in the basement to get those draft picks...it's getting close to 30 years now.

I still think we got screwed in 2011 though.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Well, the boys gave it a good run, but Vegas was too much for them.

Canadian hockey fans have to learn that if they want their team to be a Stanley Cup contender, than they have to be willing to have their team spend a significant amount of time in the basement to get those draft picks...it's getting close to 30 years now.

I still think we got screwed in 2011 though.
    I was really pleased to see what Vancouver managed to do. Even if the pandemic didn't hit, I would have pegged them for a bubble team, but man did they milk a lot of experience out of these playoffs. They went up against a pretty good team in St. Louis and to be able to make it 7 against a pretty formidable Vegas team: that is an amazing accomplishment.

Next year will be tough. They are pretty high up against the cap and there are some really good players that played with them this year that they might lose: Tanev, Toffoli, Stecher, maybe even Markstrom. They must be cursing themselves for the likes of Eriksson and that Luongo contracts.

I am conflicted as to how I feel about the Stars vs. Golden Knights game last night. I didn't get to watch it because I had company over. On the one hand, there aren't too many teams in the NHL that I actively despise, but the Dallas Stars are one of them. On the other hand, it's always a little heart-warming to see high and mighty teams get knocked down a peg or two. Vegas has had a lot of things going for them. They were basically handed an amazing team with some great pieces and they don't have to play by a lot of the rules that apply to the rest of the NHL franchises. To see them get shutout last night did bring a smile to my face.

I basically don't care for any of the teams remaining. If I had to root for one of them, I think I'd like to see Tampa win the Cup this year.

I was just disappointed both game 7s were boring.

Flyers losing was a bummer, but they simply got outplayed. Specials teams weren’t good, puck possession was a constant issue, with a lot of frantic passing resulting in turnovers. Good team, but those weaknesses got the better of them.

Go Vegas, I guess.

So the Stanley Cup Finals are now set. It'll be the Dallas Stars vs. Tampa Bay Lightning.

Glad it wasn't New York vs. Dallas. I cannot think of a more boring option in the Finals than those two. I will say: I think Dallas takes this. Tampa Bay was having a lot of trouble scoring without Braydon Point. Even though Point returned, he didn't look 100%. Dallas, on the other hand, looked really dangerous against Vegas.

Should be a pretty good SCF.

I kind of liked the underdog Islanders. I’m just wildly uninterested in Dallas and Tampa Bay.