Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No offense, but I feel like someone is going to complain no matter who Damian is fighting against.

A lot of people got revived because of Death Metal.
    King Snake was a Tim Drake villain that he struggled again.

So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

So yeah...
    And?
    It's not exactly a secret that Damian has more training as a fighter than Tim. Damian has done basically nothing else since the day he could walk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No offense, but I feel like someone is going to complain no matter who Damian is fighting against.
    Probably I just don't see Damian having much of a chance against any capable adult Martial Artist, without using tricks.

The physical disadvantage is just to big.

I mean against someone like Nite-Wing or Brutale ok, but King Snake should put up a better fight imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That the shades guy?

Checked the wiki. Yeah.

Hmm... do they always introduce these characters as the most dangerous man in the world when they debut?
    If you go by he was shown pre flashpoint Drakon is far more dangerous than all of the other fighters shown in the previews so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Probably I just don't see Damian having much of a chance against any capable adult Martial Artist, without using tricks.

I mean against someone like Nite-Wing or Brutale ok, but King Snake should put up a better fight imo.
    Considering that fighting people bigger and stronger than him is all Damian has done all his life I don't really see the issue.
    Also, for the majority of the fight we see Damian dodge his attacks and the move he takes him down with was a well-aimed kick in the head that he executed with speed rather than pure strenght.
    Only when he was already knocked down did he start punching his face.
    He didn't One-Punch-Man him, he didn't wrestle him to the ground, he mainly used his agility and speed in a fight against a blind man.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

and Brutale and Raptor and Double Dare
    Damian said ReSpawn is copyright infringement lol
    Kinda off topic, but I feel so amused when Damian arrived in a completely new costume, his R is covered, yet after looking at his face and posture, he was noticed instantly as "son of Bat". Is that means they finally acknowledge the fact that domino mask is truly not a good disguise?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-02-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

So yeah...
    Isn't King Snake was defeated by Tim Drake on his early issues? Like Robin issue #2? When Tim is a newbie on hero community? Previously ordinary kid with no combat training before he met Batman?

I fail to see why Damian who has been Robin for 3 years, trained since birth, and has many experience must struggle to fight King Snake like Tim Drake as newbie hero.

To be fair that's the whole premise of Robin. A kid who is itty bitty tiny next to Batman, punching, flipping, kicking grown ass bulky adults and they got knocked out somehow. Dick, Jason, and Tim also did the same.

If anything, in my opinion Damian's case is the most realistic one because at least he was trained to fight people bigger than him since birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Kinda off topic, but I feel so amused when Damian arrived in a completely new costume, his R is covered, yet after looking at his face and posture, he was noticed instantly as "son of Bat". Is that means they finally acknowledge that domino mask is truly not a good disguise?
    I mean it’s not really a disguise, he’s legit just wearing a recolored Robin suit. You would look at Damian and say in this costume “yep that’s a grey Robin suit” unlike the costume he has in detective comics (the Hush story not the prelude).

Not to mention some of these fighters have seen/met Damian, like Raptor and Rose who would definitely be aware of who he is and have personally fought him recently. Like most of these combatants are bat-family villains, so not like they wouldn’t see him and recognize him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair that's the whole premise of Robin. A kid who is itty bitty tiny next to Batman, punching, flipping, kicking grown ass bulky adults and they got knocked out somehow. Dick, Jason, and Tim also did the same.

If anything, in my opinion Damian's case is the most realistic one because at least he was trained to fight people bigger than him since birth.
    Thing is that Damian is just way smaller than the other Robins.

Ans at least Dick was mostly fighting untrained henchman.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it’s not really a disguise, he’s legit just wearing a recolored Robin suit. You would look at Damian and say in this costume “yep that’s a grey Robin suit” unlike the costume he has in detective comics (the Hush story not the prelude).

Not to mention some of these fighters have seen/met Damian, like Raptor and Rose who would definitely be aware of who he is and have personally fought him recently. Like most of these combatants are bat-family villains, so not like they wouldn’t see him and recognize him.
    Yeah, just kinda glad that they wrote those villains as observant for once and noticing color change of Robin costume and realize that the kid is someone they have met before, instead of the the usual, "oh that guys is wearing domino mask! I wonder who is the identity of that nysterious guy...'

Wait, really? Damian is way smaller than Dick, Jason, and Tim when they're 13? I know that his height is used as joke on Supersons but I don't know if he's THAT small. But well, looks like in this book he gained some inches.

That is bollocks. There are various martial arts where the aim is to use the opponents weight and physical strength against them. so the argument that a small person or a woman shouldn't be able to take on a huge man isn't doesn't even hold up in real life not to mention in comics.

Damian might be smaller than all the other Robins but none of them come even remotely close when it comes to talent and abilities as Robin.

If Tim fought King Snake then Damian should wipe the floor with him.

Would Jason be able to take King Snake? Damian has beaten Jason twice and he is the largest of the Bats.

And not to mention that Damian's skills isn't just martial arts or when we put his speed into consideration. The kid is a bullet dodger and knows some magic, remember Gotham Girl? I expect Damian to go very far in this
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-02-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Wait, really? Damian is way smaller than Dick, Jason, and Tim when they're 13? I know that his height is used as joke on Supersons but I don't know if he's THAT small. But well, looks like in this book he gained some inches.
    There are fighting styles that give the advantage to the smaller person so Damian being small doesn't mean jack.

Raptor's alive again?

Where's the other Double Dare twin?