Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    Don’t let the door hit you on your way out
    Sort of a random post, isn't it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What continuity DC publishes changes almost monthly now. I hope most DC fans will realize that when (IF) a set continuity and multiversal structure is settled on, that won't be exactly what they're looking for. Infinite Frontier wasn't a story. It was a small part of a long string of continuity shifting events that go on ad nauseum. At some point, I pray to Rao, DC will finally say "that's it, we're done."
    I think it shows DC has very little confidence in their current ongongs to spin-off a conventional crossover from one of them. Instead they are just milking crisis for a cheap buck. Part of the problem is how mismanaged everything outside of Batman have been by the previous publishers and EiC.

Incredible Member

Because of the internet people are probably too impatient to wait until a 12 issue maxi-series involving another Crisis finish to see how the new Universe would be reorganize and if their favorite characters are going to be active in some way. So why not just start with the end product and tell the Crisis in Flashbacks. My main titles would be Superman, Action Comics, Robin staring Dick Grayson, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Wonder Woman, Black Lightning (without kids), Vixen, Black Manta, Aquaman, Cyborg adventures in the Virtual Universe (a team-up book similar to Action Comics Weekly), Justice League featuring Superman, Batman, WW, Hawkman, Cyborg, Vixen, Black Manta, Joker, Deathstroke, Dr. Light, Bronze Tiger, The New Teen titans, Flash, Green Lantern and various Batman titles.
    Last edited by abetterday; 09-08-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Because of the internet people are probably too impatient to wait until a 12 issue maxi-series involving another Crisis finish to see how the new Universe would be reorganize and if their favorite characters are going to be active in some way.
    I don't think this is a matter of internet people being too impatient to wait until a 12 issue story is done. Johns set this up 5 years ago with Rebirth #1, then we had to wait a year for that to really get going with Doomsday Clock, which took another two years to resolve that story over 12 meandering issues, only to have its conclusion completely undercut by Snyder's convoluted Metal/Justice League/Death Metal epic which was supposed to resolve it with an exhaustively detailed timeline that would set up 5G, which was then cancelled, so we can all do this *%&$ing dance one more time with six issues of Infinite Frontier, only to be told that they're going to keep beating this dead horse for even longer.

I hear you, comics fans are certainly impatient, but after 5 years and dozens upon dozens of issues, I think the patience of fans has understandably run out in regards to DC figuring out what it wants to do in regards to its own history.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think this is a matter of internet people being too impatient to wait until a 12 issue story is done. Johns set this up 5 years ago with Rebirth #1, then we had to wait a year for that to really get going with Doomsday Clock, which took another two years to resolve that story over 12 meandering issues, only to have its conclusion completely undercut by Snyder's convoluted Metal/Justice League/Death Metal epic which was supposed to resolve it with an exhaustively detailed timeline that would set up 5G, which was then cancelled, so we can all do this *%&$ing dance one more time with six issues of Infinite Frontier, only to be told that they're going to keep beating this dead horse for even longer.

I hear you, comics fans are certainly impatient, but after 5 years and dozens upon dozens of issues, I think the patience of fans has understandably run out in regards to DC figuring out what it wants to do in regards to its own history.
    Completely agree with every damn word of this!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think it shows DC has very little confidence in their current ongongs to spin-off a conventional crossover from one of them. Instead they are just milking crisis for a cheap buck. Part of the problem is how mismanaged everything outside of Batman have been by the previous publishers and EiC.
    Majority of the ongoings that DC currently publishes are better than this mini was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Yeah, totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Majority of the ongoings that DC currently publishes are better than this mini was.
    The existence of actual story endings pretty much prove this.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

The more time passes, the more DCU books resemble those fanfic sites with titles like "HOW TIME PASSES IN THE DC UNIVERSE".
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    The more time passes, the more DCU books resemble those fanfic sites with titles like "HOW TIME PASSES IN THE DC UNIVERSE".
    Have to disagree there. Most of those sites either have a dozen How Time Passes in the DCU articles which clearly aren't stories in themselves and are understood to apply to a single person's stories or they have a single article like that which applies to all the stories and isn't revised every other month.

Only DC has whole stories built around the concept and revises the facts before they finish that story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Have to disagree there. Most of those sites either have a dozen How Time Passes in the DCU articles which clearly aren't stories in themselves and are understood to apply to a single person's stories or they have a single article like that which applies to all the stories and isn't revised every other month.

Only DC has whole stories built around the concept and revises the facts before they finish that story.
    Fair enough.
    IMHO what they are trying to do this time is pulling an Avengers Forever (the hyper-detailed, continuity-fixing miniseries by Busiek and Pacheco) for the DCU, but Williamson sure isn't Busiek (and whatever they are trying to do, they should have done it 10 years ago or so).
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Really fun good book.

I liked this but I didn't like it at the same time. I guess that is all.

I will say I am now a big fan of President Superman.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

One thing though.
    The idea of each character living on a separate earth (I guess that we could expect a Batman Earth-2 with all the characters from the Golden Age including the Monk or Hugo Strange, a Silver-Ageish Batman Earth-1, etc.) is somehow bizarrely intriguing.

It won't last because - even for media synergy - sooner or later we will get a composite earth or whatever with a JLA on it. But it is interesting, because each DC superhero generally makes more sense as a separate character rater than on a merged earth.
    I mean, Marvel characters have always been part of a shared universe since their inception. But thinking about it, it doesn't really make sense for Batman and Superman to live on the same planet and keeping the same status quo we all know them for. Would Gotham be such a cesspool if Superman could say anything about it? The JSA/JLA has always been just a marketing concept more than anything else (even if there are some good JSA/JLA stories, of course).
    If they are going towards a resurrection of the classic Earth-JLA and Earth-JSA dynamics (this is just my speculation, and I may be wrong, of course), the ending of IF 6 makes it easier to happen.

It's a concept which Morrison himself could have conceived, even if Williamson is not as refined as Morrison is as a writer. But let's keep in mind that the Multiverse-2 concept we see in the final pages was actually created by Morrison, not Williamson.

From what I remember Morrison never said what Multiverse-2 exactly is.