Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    It wouldn't make any sense for him to gather those characters the way you said, because any solution that doesn't undo the snap is not going to happen. The loss of half the Earth's population would change the world in ways that couldn't adequately be explored in later movies. They will undo the snap, so time travel WILL be involved.
    Oh I know they will undo the snap...I just wonder if he is the key to the time travel...like I guess what I'm saying is does he gather some of these heroes to help in that fight? Could we have two Caps? Does he get a past Dr. Strange to help rescue the current Dr. Strange? And so on.

Of course the snap will be undone...just seems like a big fat clue that he will be the guy to do some things with the huge drop of the term "time vortex" AND the well placed movie quote about tiny universes AND the lecture about alternate universes. Too many potential hints for them all to be for nothing, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Oh I know they will undo the snap...I just wonder if he is the key to the time travel...like I guess what I'm saying is does he gather some of these heroes to help in that fight? Could we have two Caps? Does he get a past Dr. Strange to help rescue the current Dr. Strange? And so on.

Of course the snap will be undone...just seems like a big fat clue that he will be the guy to do some things with the huge drop of the term "time vortex" AND the well placed movie quote about tiny universes AND the lecture about alternate universes. Too many potential hints for them all to be for nothing, in my opinion.
    Well, I suppose it's possible, but story-wise, I doubt it. This movie is supposed to center on the original Avengers, kind of be their swan song, and they still have to deal with including Captain Marvel in it, so I would doubt that they'll introduce a bunch of alternate-history characters because it would muddy things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    My brother and I watched it last night, and we both loved it.

However, we both saw something in the scene where Janet and Hank are leaving the Quantum Realm. In the background, as the ship flies up, it looks like there is a shrunken down city in a bubble in the back. We both looked at each other and said ‘did you see that?’

Did anyone else see that?
    I saw the city, too! I told my wife I think it's the MicroVerse.
    Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    You either just made my day or got my hopes up, because I can't find many solid rumors on that and none on Ken Hale in CM? I agree that Randall Park is good enough to carry the team, even with Woo's present characterization. I really hope they do something with those characters!
    They've been teasing the Atlas Foundation ever since Ant-Man & Wasp cast Jimmy Woo. I'll do a deep dive but Rudd said in a pre-production interview they liked the idea of the Agents showing up as a pseudo bad guy faction that Team Ant-Man eventually "joins" to stop a bigger threat.

Hale was tossed around as a potential "heavy" for Coulson in CM.

I don't want to get your hopes up either because I've been saying for years the Agents of Atlas would be a perfect fit for the current MCU as a period piece in the 50s. Even a modern take would work. I thought the same about the post-Annihilation Guardians and they showed up. Plus Marvel big wigs have made references to them a lot in the last 4 years, so I think they'll eventually show up.

They've also been rumored as a TV replacement for Shield with a more comedy vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Well, I suppose it's possible, but story-wise, I doubt it. This movie is supposed to center on the original Avengers, kind of be their swan song, and they still have to deal with including Captain Marvel in it, so I would doubt that they'll introduce a bunch of alternate-history characters because it would muddy things up.
    I'm pretty certain Ant-Man is going to be huge in this next movie. He's been shown with every OG Avenger on set.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Nice. I'll keep my hopes pragmatically tampered, but thanks for that info!

Just got back. I have to agree with several posters here that this was better than the original. Better yet, Luis and Pym had more to do, and were way more involved in the action. It's difficult to give the original characters more screen time while introducing more characters, but they did it.

Also, just this once: nobody (important) dies!

(Well...)

Pretty good movie it's better than the last one but a lot of the comdy was really bad and the parts with the kid for me at least were terrible.

This was good. I came out in the middle though, I may have liked it more than the first but I still wanted to like it more than I did. Matinee on a Double Toasted scale.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Pretty good movie it's better than the last one but a lot of the comdy was really bad and the parts with the kid for me at least were terrible.
    Cassie? I loved those parts. That opening was so sweet.

I really liked the truth serum joke. Because I've seen sometimes they do that, "Oh, that only happens in movies/tv shows". It comes off as them trying to sell themselves as better and more realistic, but most of the time those movies do same kind of silly stuff anyway, so it usually takes me out of the movie. I loved that these guys knew what they were making, and didn't pretend otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, the little girl who played Cassie did a great job.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

By the way, for those who didn't get the Baba Yaga reference by Kurt from X-Con (who is apparently Russian-American) as Ghost's ability to phase and vanish are described, she's a witch from Russian folklore. Though I actually first learned about her from D&D.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    By the way, for those who didn't get the Baba Yaga reference by Kurt from X-Con (who is apparently Russian-American) as Ghost's ability to phase and vanish are described, she's a witch from Russian folklore. Though I actually first learned about her from D&D.
    I knew about her from the children's book. we read it in grade school. it's hard to forget about a house that stands on the legs of a giant chicken.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-11-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's just not what I look for in a super hero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I knew about her from the children's book. we read it in grade school. it's hard to forget about a house that stands on the legs of a giant chicken.

She's really good in hellboy https://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Baba_Yaga_(character)

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I definitely didn't think it was as organically funny as the first one...this one the comedy felt a little forced and fell flat at points. There were still some very funny moments, but this movie for me worked better once it really got going into the action and kept the plot moving.

Funny parts I can recall were a lot of the dry humor from MIchael Douglas reacting to Scott and others; the Scott stuck at kid size in the school bit was pretty funny; Luis and his truth serum story; and most of the stuff with Luis and the others X-Con guys (Baba Yaga reference was funny...and when she actually showed up...haha).

I like Paul Rudd a lot but I think they tried too hard with some of the jokes for him. He's naturally funny and charming, just let that happen and don't write goofy crap for him...he'll make things funny just being himself. I can't think of any specifics, really...just seemed like he had some clunky jokes a couple times in the movie.

Overall, I dug what they were doing. It started slow but once the plot took off it was another fun movie. I'm interested to see the larger part Scott (and unrelated to this movie, Hawkeye) will play in A4. And I'm down for another Ant Man movie should they make one...I imagine they will with the cast expanded to include heavy hitters like Pfeiffer and potentially Fishburne if they bring him back.

EDIT: I will say when I first left the theater I dug the movie but thought it was just kind of okay. The further removed I am from it, and reflecting on it, I think I like it more than I thought I did, initially. I'd like to watch it again..maybe one of those I dig more on a second viewing. (or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood when I saw it)
    Last edited by bobellis75; 07-12-2018 at 06:40 AM.