Page 868 of 885 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871872878 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of Carol again I miss her so much(especially with Hal).
    would really be cool if dan jurgens had plans for sapphire...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Carol was packing serious power back then.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    don't know where this is from, but if only hal made a construct much earlier, there would have been less collateral damage.

What the heck did I just watch?

Does Hal....running.....seem weird af?

It is interesting to see two military men go at it.

I actually do think Hal's will is stronger than a Hulk's rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    What the heck did I just watch?

Does Hal....running.....seem weird af?

It is interesting to see two military men go at it.

I actually do think Hal's will is stronger than a Hulk's rage.
    i was surprised as well. i'm just grateful that hal made a hammer at the end.

I'm sort of curious whether or not she'll make a meaningful appearance in #50. Like Venditti will go out like Johns did.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I'm sort of curious whether or not she'll make a meaningful appearance in #50. Like Venditti will go out like Johns did.
    at this stage, we'd be lucky if she gets mentioned in a dialogue box.

at this stage, we'd be lucky if she gets mentioned in a dialogue box.
    Yeah, or some fuzzy background silhouette. People do seem to bug him a lot about her on twitter. Maybe he does some fan service? But I think if I read correctly when it was announced, he had planned on going beyond #50 but now he has to cut the stories short to wrap it all up. So maybe there's not enough room for her in Venditti's plan.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Yeah, or some fuzzy background silhouette. People do seem to bug him a lot about her on twitter. Maybe he does some fan service? But I think if I read correctly when it was announced, he had planned on going beyond #50 but now he has to cut the stories short to wrap it all up. So maybe there's not enough room for her in Venditti's plan.
    maybe. for some reason i keep on thinking issue 50 is double sized. maybe venditti can still tie up a couple of loose ends in that issue.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

maybe. for some reason i keep on thinking issue 50 is double sized. maybe venditti can still tie up a couple of loose ends in that issue.
    Yea, all the issue #50's have been bigger. At 28 pages instead of 20 so Hal Jordan should be that way as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Man i would kill for that.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Do you guys think Parallax afraid of Hal?
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

I think Parallax is probably afraid of the fact that Hal can probably resist him now.

It shouldn't be. Hal didn't 'beat it' so much as he was rescued... and even if you give Hal the win, it's not like it wasn't beaten before. If anything it should be afraid of the Guardians. They beat it, imprisoned it, and fueld their corps with it for millennium... so they're it's REAL enemy.

Hal I think would be more of that 'lost love/hate' thing that Spider-man has going on with the Symbiote. He was the one that let Parallax out... they had a LOT of fun together... They broke the corps and tried to restart the multiverse... I think Parallax should miss Hal and keep trying to rejoin with him... but 'fear'? Hal shouldn't be something that Parallax fears. It's joined with others like Kyle and Sinestro… but Hal was first and Special. He had free reign during that time.

Assuming that it actually 'can' fear something...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I’m saying as far as character references go, being convicted for murder doesn’t help. The Templar Guardians had no experience in the kinds of politics or skills needed to run the Corps (they left that to the Guardians of the Universe) and weren’t in the best position to judge who could best lead the Corps. Hal had a major role in the fight against the First Lantern and almost immediately after the Sinestro Corps, while John didn’t have as flashy a role. Any issues with the writing aside, it is possible to read logic in the decision to have Hal lead the Corps.
    So you pretty much confirmed my question. I’m astonished you still didn’t realize what made you think Hal was not a good choice compared to John.