Page 2317 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 131718172217226723072313231423152316231723182319232023212327 ... LastLast
Results 34,741 to 34,755 of 35047
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ^Exactly. Whatever play against CW type he might have in complexion, whatever the actors name that plays him, gives it all back and more being a general dingus. On top of that he's just a Felicity clone down to the glasses and misunderstood relationship. Not for nothin' he bout as far from cannon Holt as it could get personality wise. Fits just fine on the WB though.
    I stopped watching Arrow out of general lack of interest a little while back, but generally speaking "canon" is a dirty word on Arrow. The only
    time the Arrow writers ever care about canon accuracy is when they are robbing the Bat-Franchise blind.

I'm only surprised they haven't stolen Bane yet. I assume preemptive threats were made. Possibly with a pointed stick.

As for TV Holt, that character was introduced (irrc) when Ray Palmer was still a series regular and when John Diggle appeared in every episode.

A true to the Comic Book Mr. Terrific would have had both Ray Palmer Genius/Mogul gimmick and Diggle's hyper-competent stoic persona.

I'm not surprised they ended up doing a 180. Had they planned things better they could have introduced Mr. Terrific on Legends where he
    could have been science straight man to a whole team of goofballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As for TV Holt, that character was introduced (irrc) when Ray Palmer was still a series regular and when John Diggle appeared in every episode.
    It was the season after Ray was a regular (season 4).
    I'm not surprised they ended up doing a 180. Had they planned things better they could have introduced Mr. Terrific on Legends where he
    could have been science straight man to a whole team of goofballs.
    That show doesn't really do straight-men for the most part .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't disagree, but I felt they could've done a better job of portraying her natural personality then they did in that episode.

I mean, they've already kind of "thrown in" Miles by introducing him and giving him powers as early as they did. Now they barely do anything with him and won't let him team-up with the Ms. Marvel he's actually connected to.

I'm interested to see how they handle the female Spiders given they generally don't seem to have any idea what to do with Miles most of the time. I'm not sure if they'll be able to juggle screentime and development for four Spider-Characters.
    I can see that -- I guess I don't expect the same characterization and relationship development as we see in the comics, especially given the fact that Miles and Peter never went to school together, much less Anya or Kamala. Given all the different continuities at work, I'm open to them taking the story wherever they feel it needs to go.

Kamala is a lot more humorous in the book but I kind of project her becoming a bit more serious as she grows up -- in contrast to Peter who in a lot of ways still seems like the kid Uncle Ben raised. The episode fulfilled those projections, I suppose, which is probably why I enjoyed seeing her like that more than how she usually is in the comic.

Pretty sure if they ever meet "off-mission" Kamala's more "human" side will shine through -- as it was though, I liked her discipline and focus and the fact that she took her Avengers assignment (maybe too) seriously.

An updated "Spider-Friends" concept could work as an eventual spin-off -- they were NYU students after all -- or maybe they'll move towards a "Young Avengers" or "Champions" setup that involves Gwen and Anya as well: the sky is really the limit with the characters they now have in play.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-12-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ^Exactly. Whatever play against CW type he might have in complexion, whatever the actors name that plays him, gives it all back and more being a general dingus. On top of that he's just a Felicity clone down to the glasses and misunderstood relationship. Not for nothin' he bout as far from cannon Holt as it could get personality wise. Fits just fine on the WB though.
    I don't know much about Holt's personality in the comics, but whatever it is, they should have just kept the base of it, rather than try to capture amp up all of the quirky traits of Felicity to infinity. I also don't get why they changed his name from Michael to Curtis.

Yea well the CW has never had a show with that many black principles, skin tones have to vary at some point.
    The first show that popped into my mind was Everybody Hates Chris, but apparently Girlfriends and The Game were on there, too. I only ever remember seeing re-runs of Girlfriends on Oxygen; The Game I only ever remember being on BET. The CW really worked hard to get rid of those shows.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't know much about Holt's personality in the comics, but whatever it is, they should have just kept the base of it, rather than try to capture amp up all of the quirky traits of Felicity to infinity. I also don't get why they changed his name from Michael to Curtis.

The first show that popped into my mind was Everybody Hates Chris, but apparently Girlfriends and The Game were on there, too. I only ever remember seeing re-runs of Girlfriends on Oxygen; The Game I only ever remember being on BET. The CW really worked hard to get rid of those shows.
    One theory I've heard is they're leaving open the possibility of a Michael Holt to show up and take Curtis' place. Given what happened with Laurel that wouldn't surprise me if they did that.

Mind you, comic book shows have done name changes before for seemingly no reason.

BANNED

He's basically well-adjusted black Batman without all the childhood trauma and psychoses.

I don't watch Arrow but I've heard that they made Terrific gay on the show. He's straight in the comics so they probably thought they'd get some backlash. Change his name to Curtis and he's a "different" character...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I don't watch Arrow but I've heard that they made Terrific gay on the show. He's straight in the comics so they probably thought they'd get some backlash.
    This is oddly completely unrelated to the things they get a lot of backlash for. Nobody has a problem with him being gay. They have a problem with him usually being an incompetent doofus.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This is oddly completely unrelated to the things they get a lot of backlash for. Nobody has a problem with him being gay. They have a problem with him usually being an incompetent doofus.
    Apparently certain Comicsgaters don't watch DC shows, so the "SJW-isms" in those shows don't bother them. They're too busy complaining about the supposed "extremism" in Marvel movies that haven't even come out yet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Apparently certain Comicsgaters don't watch DC shows, so the "SJW-isms" in those shows don't bother them. They're too busy complaining about the supposed "extremism" in Marvel movies that haven't even come out yet.
    Like your friend in his latest attack on Marvel-mainly Ms. Marvel & Carol.

To be fair those shows were on another network before the merger.

Aside from Black Lightning-they have not even bothered to create a majority black let alone POC lead show. They DID have one called 8 Days A Week with Robert Richard & Mario Lopez that was filmed episodes but never aired.

And YES they went out of their way to get rid of All of Us, Girlfriends, Everybody Hates Chris, Veronica Mars & WWE Smackdown.
    I mean here in Dallas all you saw was bus ads for all those shows-you saw ZERO promotion for any of those shows.

They axed Girlfriends and tried to low ball them on a final clip show. Everyone is willing to do a movie but they all REFUSE to beg Warner Brothers or Paramount for funding. Mayra Brock pretty much said her RESUME speaks for itself.
    I mean she took the Game to BET and it DOMINATED the ratings like Empire did for Fox. Tracee Ellis got Emmy nominations-she is not going to beg.
    Veronica Mars got a crowd funded movie. And I think Jame Tyler Williams is doing fine. He's on his 5th tv series now.

All those folks they did wrong-had better success elsewhere then what replaced them on the CW.

So apparently there are plans on making a movie out of the rescue of the rescue of the Thai school soccer team that was trapped in a cave

https://www.wsj.com/articles/race-be...cue-1531258134

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44803386

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So apparently there are plans on making a movie out of the rescue of the rescue of the Thai school soccer team that was trapped in a cave

https://www.wsj.com/articles/race-be...cue-1531258134

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44803386

Well, that was a given the second the first kid was rescued.

Gotta change all the heroes to white though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Waiting for the mock up poster that has all the kids and divers and coaches replaced with Scarlet Johannson.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Waiting for the mock up poster that has all the kids and divers and coaches replaced with Scarlet Johannson.
    I'd watch it. I'd hate myself a little for it, but yeah, I'd watch it.

I really don't know how to feel about Iggy Azelia using the Wu-Tang clan as a sample for a really boring mumble song with a really embarrassing video. Feels like nothing is sacred anymore.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Djimon Hounsou apparently plays the dude with the trident

I don't know how I feel about this. Static CGI can always look a little fake..... this looks like God of War cutscene... *crossesfingerspleasebegood*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html