Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    See I too miss the pre-new52 Green Arrow...but not for the reasons that may make Ratty go Batty.
    Nah, don't worry, I regained my sanity.

... for now.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Damn, I can't wait for Green arrow #33, it will rock! Also, of Dc was to adopt Marvel's way of making OHC'S for popular current runs Green arrow would be a blind buy for me. The entire Outsider saga (#17-31) would rock in an OHC. Imagine that oversized Sorrentino art... god I want that
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 06-26-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Damn, I can't wait for Green arrow #32, it will rock! Also, of Dc was to adopt Marvel's way of making OHC'S for popular current runs Green arrow would be a blind buy for me. The entire Outsider saga (#17-30) would rock in an OHC. Imagine that oversized Sorrentino art... god I want that
    I think you mean Green Arrow #33.

DC seriously need to start making better collection for this run, it's going to become a modern classic I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I think you mean Green Arrow #33.

DC seriously need to start making better collection for this run, it's going to become a modern classic I tell you.
    Crap, typo hell yeah, I love the Grell run with all my heart but this is possibly the best GA run ever! It's just great, we really need more than just small tpb's. We need an absolute I tell ya.

I don't know how long the run will last but an omnibus (ala Sleeper omnibus, not the ones with bad binding) will be awesome. Or just OHC'S, I just need this oversized.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

I wonder what Grant Morrison can bring to the Green Arrow mythos. It's a shame that he's never written a GA series. I guess he just cares more about batman and Superman.

Always Rakzo

As long as he's inspired I think Morrison could create a good Green Arrow run.

But if he isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    As long as he's inspired I think Morrison could create a good Green Arrow run.

But if he isn't...
    I'm not sure, Morrsion does it better with high concept books and I like my GA stories street level style. I love Morrison but I think Green lantern would fit better then Green arrow. I also wouldn't mind him again on the Flash book

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm not sure, Morrsion does it better with high concept books and I like my GA stories street level style. I love Morrison but I think Green lantern would fit better then Green arrow. I also wouldn't mind him again on the Flash book
    I dunno, his Batman run was cemented mostly in reality (despite of having some pretty crazy concepts here and there), I think if he brought that kind of style he could be successful.

Although I must admit that I already thought of a similar premise to GA.

Astonishing Member

Who else is stoked for Secret Origins # 4?

Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz are back, baby. We know it's going to be the best looking Secret Origin in the issue.

- How focused is a punctuated, streamlined, probably chronological origin for Ollie going to be?
    - How smart will the fixes to the previous "Zero Month" going to be?
    - What clever little teases for future stories will Lemire pepper in?
    - How much Roy Harper will we get?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I've been enjoying some adventures of Golden Age Green Arrow in the Seven Soldiers of Victory archives. And even though he's a bit flat as a character, it's so nice to see him and Roy Harper getting along so well.

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

My appreciation for Green Arrow started with the JLUTAS. He had been a constant character for the series and adds a sense of humanity and conscience with all the super powered beings around him. I also liked his character in the Green Lantern Green Arrow series.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First time I saw Ollie was on Super Friends during its first season on the air. Despite his appearance, he was more like the GA Green Arrow from my father's childhood in that episode. Didn't read his exploits in a comic until a few years later. Yes, he could be insufferable at times, but Ollie the old softie usually popped up to let you know he just wasn't always the mouth that roared (like when he teared up over Hawkman leaving Earth 40-something years ago).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The first time I saw Green Arrow was as a kid when I got this toy as a gift.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

What's the point of secret origins? Is it a re imagining or something?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Who else is stoked for Secret Origins # 4?

Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz are back, baby. We know it's going to be the best looking Secret Origin in the issue.

- How focused is a punctuated, streamlined, probably chronological origin for Ollie going to be?
    - How smart will the fixes to the previous "Zero Month" going to be?
    - What clever little teases for future stories will Lemire pepper in?
    - How much Roy Harper will we get?
    I certainly am since we will get more of Lemire's glorious Green Arrow.

Not to mention that we will get Harley Quinn and Damian's origins to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    What's the point of secret origins? Is it a re imagining or something?
    It's mostly the same origins you know but told from a different perspective or exploring other aspects of them.