Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So... After this month's issue McG and Matt live with Bruce at the Manor, and Matt seems to be headed towards the role of Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So... After this month's issue McG and Matt live with Bruce at the Manor, and Matt seems to be headed towards the role of Robin
    They have been hinting that way for some time. I keep hoping that they will come up with a more creative idea than saddling Terry's Batman with a Robin. BB is always better if it doesn't mimic the present day series.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    They have been hinting that way for some time. I keep hoping that they will come up with a more creative idea than saddling Terry's Batman with a Robin. BB is always better if it doesn't mimic the present day series.
    My Theory is that Matt will go on a Solo Road Trip to Bludhaven to find Dick Grayson and train to be Robin from the Original similarly to how Terry became Batman

My favorite Terry moment and number one favorite moment from the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I wish they would bring back his original series on earth 12.
    As do I. The fate of Terry in the comics is disgraceful. Being a major fan of Batman Beyond the animated series I am very disappointed with those in charge of DC. Terry my man you deserved far better....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

My favorite Terry moment.
    Agreed, at that a moment he stopped being a Batman and became the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As do I. The fate of Terry in the comics is disgraceful. Being a major fan of Batman Beyond the animated series I am very disappointed with those in charge of DC. Terry my man you deserved far better....
    I'm in two minds about that, I like a version of Terry being in the main continuity as I think we're far past the time where we should be stuck in the same ten to fifteen year 'early years' period and Terry's era is a good shorthand for establishing a different time frame, but I agree that the call-forwards from main continuity don't aways serve the character best. Perhaps we could have different hair colours to separate them a bit? Black-Haired!Terry (Earth-12/DCAU), Blond!Terry (Earth-50/Justice Lords), Red-Head!Terry (Earth-0/Rebirth).

spoilers:
    Terry wins
    end of spoilers

So we are approaching the end of The Long Payback. I am not quite accepting the revelation of who this Payback is. It doesn't make sense to me. But I can't say why without a spoiler box.
    spoilers:
    So the father is so ashamed that he turns his back on the boy and ignores him....and then decides that when the boy dies he will blame Batman? Apparently he didn't give a damn about the kid so why become a vigilante because of him? You can't have it both ways: don't care about the kid and be passionately devoted to the kid. IMHO.
    end of spoilers

They have been leading to Matt as Robin for a long time now. I am not wild about that either: Batman Beyond should never be Batman Lite. It should stand on its own dynamic instead of copying ever single detail of the regular Batman titles.

But I love the involvement of Ten in this story! The relationship between Batman and Ten, contrasted with the relations between Terry and Melanie, leads to all sorts of interesting stories.

And, let's face it: at some point Dana and Melanie have to have it out.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    So we are approaching the end of The Long Payback. I am not quite accepting the revelation of who this Payback is. It doesn't make sense to me. But I can't say why without a spoiler box.
    spoilers:
    So the father is so ashamed that he turns his back on the boy and ignores him....and then decides that when the boy dies he will blame Batman? Apparently he didn't give a damn about the kid so why become a vigilante because of him? You can't have it both ways: don't care about the kid and be passionately devoted to the kid. IMHO.
    end of spoilers
    Hello Tulku!
    I dont think you can argue logic with a grief striken father. He probably knows deep down that its all his fault.