Page 50 of 456 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Damn you guys sure project a lot of negativity into a single dialogue-less page
    I mean, a year after Wanda became a breakout star, she's still in no comics and most of the internet thinks she's about to be turned into a psycho villain.

I admit there's a lot of pessimism in this thread, but it's well earned pessimism.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Comical, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean, a year after Wanda became a breakout star, she's still in no comics and most of the internet thinks she's about to be turned into a psycho villain.

I admit there's a lot of pessimism in this thread, but it's well earned pessimism.
    Pessimism is really understandable when you just examine the last decade of history alone and this could apply to many characters in Marvel, DC or other mediums that do seem to get characters or concepts right for way to long.

So it should ultimately be understandable and that is one of the major reasons Wanda’s Thread exists, To vent out and talk through with others what they have gone through the same feelings, thereby we don’t feel alone in our experiences and Can support each other through both of positives and negatives, that’s why I love fandom is all about In many positive cases.

It takes time to break the ice, the fear of the positives are true Road, a new road that we are on, and then we’re not going to sink back into some of the negatives of happened in the past. So analyzing and wondering about the material coming about Wanda will get the views from all sides exactly.

But even with all this, we got a look at the true upturn for our Wanda and how reality is really working right now for her.

There’s no doubting that Wanda is on the positive Trajectory and Now when we look at her material, We should be keeping that in strong mind as well.

Right now I keep seeing more products, starting to see more usage, Starting on a better trajectory than ever before with Wanda, but if anything has taught us as Wanda fans it is time that gives us joy in time and it takes patience to get their, time reveals Wanda wins in the end despite the handcuffs that have come before and if anything over the past year more has shown us it is always True Love and Fandom for Wanda that win out over the long run!

I am excited to see where the preview is going and I feel sure it will be an interesting and post story for our Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That can happen when a bunch of negative stuff happens to a character. Marvel made things that way. If they strung together positivity, people would be more positive. But even when they do anything positive, it's brief and she disappears again.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

It's like asking why the grass is green at this point. I'm staying optimistic about Women of Marvel and happy she's in it. But you have to really be unaware to not understand why fans are pessimistic of Wanda's treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's why I hate textless previews there is no context at all. Also since hey are hyping this as Mirka Andolfo's Marvel debut, you would think they would give a preview of her writing.
    Yeah good point. Why would people feel compelled to pick something up when they don't know the writer, nor the context.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Comical, right?
    No, understandable. What reason do Wanda fans have to trust anything at this point?

There have been two entire mini-series that haven been all about advancing her story and no most of the internet doesn't think she will be turned into a psycho villain. Most are excited to see her team-up with Dr Strange. The one person she should have a bond with because well they aren't that many other magic users in the MCU yet. Reading about "leaks" while having a pessimistic mindset and jumping to conclusions doesn't mean suddenly everyone thinks this way.
    They also have a creator making her Marvel debut by writing a Wanda story out of all characters that could be there instead. Clearly just a mistake... /s
    Well I look forward to what's to come but of course everyone can do whatever they want. It seems to be the best if I don't concern myself with it.

Since I have only seen it come up sporadically here and there. What do you think her new powers are after absorbing the Darkhold along with Cthon? Is the whole self-resurrection thing she has displayed a consequence of it?

There have been two entire mini-series that haven been all about advancing her story and no most of the internet doesn't think she will be turned into a psycho villain. Most are excited to see her team-up with Dr Strange. The one person she should have a bond with because well they aren't that many other magic users in the MCU yet. Reading about "leaks" while having a pessimistic mindset and jumping to conclusions doesn't mean suddenly everyone thinks this way.
    They also have a creator making her Marvel debut by writing a Wanda story out of all characters that could be there instead. Clearly just a mistake... /s
    Well I look forward to what's to come but of course everyone can do whatever they want. It seems to be the best if I don't concern myself with it.

Since I have only seen it come up sporadically here and there. What do you think her new powers are after absorbing the Darkhold along with Cthon? Is the whole self-resurrection thing she has displayed a consequence of it?
    No there haven't. She had a solo seven years ago. And bit parts on UA. The Darkhold thing was nice, but she was in two issues.

Most people do think she'll be a villain. And even when we talk in this thread about how that isn't presented anywhere officially we get told we are wrong and to believe some NFT scammer.

It's not a mistake to include Wanda in things. But you have to be blind to not see how the character has been treated. It took them 16 years to redeem this character and now where is she? She's not in an ongoing. We get things that just retcon something and she disappears for months or years.

Coming in here calling Wanda fans a joke and telling us we are ungrateful for scraps is not good.

I just think the preview they chose was funny, it looks like those old superdickery things.

And for others, they were just saying it could be good or bad. Because with Wanda's modern history, it can easily go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I don't think Wanda is about to tell her 'no more migrant cleaning ladies' and then watch her dissolve into Tetris blocks.

If one looks closely the cleaning lady has some squiggly lines coming from above her head. She is clearly unhappy about something and it looks like Wanda is going to give her a talking to or tough love.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Pessimism is really understandable when you just examine the last decade of history alone and this could apply to many characters in Marvel, DC or other mediums that do seem to get characters or concepts right for way to long.

So it should ultimately be understandable and that is one of the major reasons Wanda’s Thread exists, To vent out and talk through with others what they have gone through the same feelings, thereby we don’t feel alone in our experiences and Can support each other through both of positives and negatives, that’s why I love fandom is all about In many positive cases.

It takes time to break the ice, the fear of the positives are true Road, a new road that we are on, and then we’re not going to sink back into some of the negatives of happened in the past. So analyzing and wondering about the material coming about Wanda will get the views from all sides exactly.

But even with all this, we got a look at the true upturn for our Wanda and how reality is really working right now for her.

There’s no doubting that Wanda is on the positive Trajectory and Now when we look at her material, We should be keeping that in strong mind as well.

Right now I keep seeing more products, starting to see more usage, Starting on a better trajectory than ever before with Wanda, but if anything has taught us as Wanda fans it is time that gives us joy in time and it takes patience to get their, time reveals Wanda wins in the end despite the handcuffs that have come before and if anything over the past year more has shown us it is always True Love and Fandom for Wanda that win out over the long run!

I am excited to see where the preview is going and I feel sure it will be an interesting and post story for our Wanda.
    I always enjoy reading your perspective. You are reasonable and can see the good and the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No there haven't. She had a solo seven years ago. And bit parts on UA. The Darkhold thing was nice, but she was in two issues.
    I guess Trial of Magneto doesn't exist which despite its name was all about Wanda and her plan. Also she was obviously in only 2 issues of Darkhold because those were the only issues that actually dealt with the story at hand. The rest was just filler. Doesn't change that is was a Wanda story though.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Coming in here calling Wanda fans a joke and telling us we are ungrateful for scraps is not good.
    Oh so Im not a fan? My bad. Someone should have told me that sooner. Or are you just saying that Im not a "real" fan like you?
    Either way Im here to talk about a character that I enjoy as should everyone else here so Im just saying this once. Pull that again and you go straight to my ignore list. I really have better things do than that.

It's a small little story in a "Women of Marvel" special oneshot. It's hardly gonna matter at all even if they showed Wanda eating a baby for breakfest. It's either gonna be fun and we're like "oh, nice" at best or it's kinda dumb/boring and we're disappointed at worst.

I always enjoy reading your perspective. You are reasonable and can see the good and the bad.

I guess Trial of Magneto doesn't exist which despite its name was all about Wanda and her plan. Also she was obviously in only 2 issues of Darkhold because those were the only issues that actually dealt with the story at hand. The rest was just filler. Doesn't change that is was a Wanda story though.

Oh so Im not a fan? My bad. Someone should have told me that sooner. Or are you just saying that Im not a "real" fan like you?
    Either way Im here to talk about a character that I enjoy as should everyone else here so Im just saying this once. Pull that again and you go straight to my ignore list. I really have better things do than that.
    Trial of Magneto had Wanda dead for 6 months before redeeming her. It was about her. But wasn't her actively being in it. No it doesn't count. Especially since it had to happen because they screwed up redeeming her before and it took 16 years.

And didn't change anything about her status in comics.

I didn't say you weren't. I'm saying you are tone policing others and it's rude. Take it how you want. I'm not gonna be friendly when you were already rude. So take the pedestal elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member

There's no such thing as a "real fan" or "not a real fan." And the story will probably be cute.

This thread does have a lot of very gloomy regulars in it because we've been posting for years waiting for the character to get back to where she used to be in comics, and somehow it just never happens, so we're kind of shell-shocked from years of bad treatment and worried for her future in all media. But that's what comes from years of following this character, and it's not the same for everyone (or even for every longtime poster).

It would be great for there to be more positivity in this thread, but obviously we can't tell each other how we should feel or that we're overreacting, because we just don't know what is going to happen to her, it's out of our hands.