Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Batman is the least dangerous absent the plot armor of fanwanking.
    Absolutely true. And there's nothing wrong with that either. It's not always about raw power, and Bruce's abilities, even when they're not written to ridiculous degrees and the other Leaguers aren't dumbed-down to idiot levels, are still useful and offer viable contributions of the team.

But in a rumble? Without plot armor? Everything on the table? Bats doesn't have the juice to hold out against them.

I also agree with DrNewGod mentioning Captain Atom. I forget about the guy a lot of the time these days (I barely see him anywhere) and he's not usually written to his potential but on paper? Dude's a total badass. Same goes for Firestorm and Zatanna; those two are just inches away from full-on "plot device" territory.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    To some degree that weakness was symbolic as the only thing that can stop a powerful woman was her wilfully submitting to the bondage of men and masculinity. It wasn't just being tied up and bondage stuff otherwise another woman could do it. It was kind of symbolic of the idea that women needed to rise up, assert themselves, and not allow men to subdue them or whatever. But I guess people just like to latch onto the bondage idea because it's funnier. GA Wonder Woman and Marston's philosophy is a bit more nuanced and progressive than just fetish insertion.
    It was progressive by the standards of the 1940s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It was progressive by the standards of the 1940s.
    It'd still be progressive by the standards of today, dude. Marston was for full blown equality and the uprising of women, which we still aren't at today.

For those who said "Martian Manhunter," you do know what they have in store for "Apex" Lex Luthor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It'd still be progressive by the standards of today, dude. Marston was for full blown equality and the uprising of women, which we still aren't at today.
    He was also in a poly relationship with his wife and girlfriend and heavily into S&M before S&M was even a thing, I think (Im not really up on my weird fetish history).

Dude was way ahead of the social-sexual curve, so much so that he's still ahead of it today.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd go with Phantom Stranger, even if he was only an honorary member.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    He was also in a poly relationship with his wife and girlfriend and heavily into S&M before S&M was even a thing, I think (Im not really up on my weird fetish history).

Dude was way ahead of the social-sexual curve, so much so that he's still ahead of it today.
    A lot of his ideas still hold up well:
    - Mother figure is the main paternal figure of the narrative, not the father. DC still cannot wrap their heads around this consistently.
    - Diana got her powers through Amazon training, she became one of the most powerful individuals on the planet due to her own efforts and not through handouts from the goddesses or (worse) due to a lineage with Zeus. it fits in with Marston's "any woman can be a Wonder Woman" philosophy, and the other Amazons were all varying degrees of super powered in ways subsequent versions weren't.
    - Etta Candy, while the punchline of several fat jokes, was also a totally confident plus sized woman who was comfortable in her own skin, brave, loyal and totally boy crazy with her own collection of suitors. She wasn't even drawn to be grotesque the way you'd think a so called caricature would be, she was what TV tropes would describe as a Big Beautiful Woman. It's a shame the only takes than both modernize her and truly capture the appealing essence of the character are Elseworlds and not any of the modern canon versions, most of whom are Etta In Name Only.
    - Communities of women empowering and aiding each other: the Amazons and the Holliday Girls
    - Diana was clearly meant to be bi-sexual even though he couldn't say it, and DC didn't manage to confirm it until 2016.
    - The Cheetah as a metaphor for the way society pits women against each other over petty things like beauty, wealth and fame, and Diana doesn't engage Priscilla on that level but instead tried to help her.
    - Subverting the Amazon myth is one of the big ones, as is choosing Aphrodite as the primary patron. The one who was stereotyped as the vain ditzy beauty queen/trophy wife/Olympus "village bycicle", etc. was actually extremely powerful and benevolent while still embodying feminine qualities. Girls are powerful too and don't have to adopt "masculine" qualities to be so. This is lost somewhat by taking focus away from her in later versions.

His most dated ideas are the typical ones seen in that period: the racism and having Diana fall in love at first sight with Steve and having that be her motivation, and both are easy to leave in the past where they belong while retaining the rest of it.

Firestorm and Captain Atom could do some serious damage without even trying.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg, for sure. He's a teenager given superpowers and a vast intellect.

Current roster? Probably Martian Manhunter but a good case could be made for Barry or John just due to how hilariously lethal their powers can be and the efficiency with which they could secure a deadly W.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Scott Synder

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Flash - easily.
    He would wipe out the JLA before they realised the fight had even begun.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

Straight up fight? SuperMan or Flash.

But the term used is dangerous.

So I think you have to look at the evil versions. In that case...Batman is most dangerous. From Owlman to Batman who laughs most went the path of destroying everything.

Evil Superman/Wonder Woman try to rule and impose order. Evil Batman destroys order.

Mighty Member

Martian Manhunter or Zatanna or Captain Atom..........

Martian Manhunter once overcome his fear of fire and turned into an unstoppable beast and he also has Telepathic Powers...

Captain Atom could be vulnerable, BUT if he gets pierced etc. he explodes....

Zatanna could do EVERYTHING with her magic..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Zatanna could do EVERYTHING with her magic..
    I just skimmed 5 pages to see if anyone had the correct answer. I found it in the very last post.

Zatanna is the most dangerous member of the League.