Page 165 of 207 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why wasn’t the Selene role instead played by Olivia Munn’s Psylocke character? That would’ve been a nice nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Apparently that was the plan but she was working on the Predator.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Interesting. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Too bad, would've liked to have seen her come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then someone screwed up. Why wasn't she contracted? You'd think they'd have the actors on multiple picture contracts.
    The answer is a bit more complicated. Yes, she was contracted to play Psylocke in the X-Men sequel. However, she did have a previous commitment to film Predator. Studios largely try to cooperate where they can in regards to actor's commitments. In this instance, the role of Psylocke was just about as you see Selene. Not a large role. And thus, Olivia passed on her option to return. She enjoyed playing the role and was one of the bright spots of Apocalypse, but when there is no room for development it begs the question of why even return.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    This doesn't make sense, there was noticeable pivot on the special effects to distance from the Captain Marvel visuals.

What happened to fiery Phoenix then?
    It was fans that said it. No one from the movie named cap marvel.

And like people said the reshoots were already done when Cap Marvel released and the original dates put it before Cap marvel. So it is pure no-sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Someone on the editing team confirmed that this screenrant article is 100% correct about the changes.

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...-fox-xmen/amp/

Will talk about it more later.

Wish we could see the other version too. Ah well.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was fans that said it. No one from the movie named cap marvel.

And like people said the reshoots were already done when Cap Marvel released and the original dates put it before Cap marvel. So it is pure no-sense.
    Ok let me rephrase that. The first trailer showed Jean on fire. The Jean I got was covered in pink stuff. What happened to the fire in that, like, 6 month period?

Ok let me rephrase that. The first trailer showed Jean on fire. The Jean I got was covered in pink stuff. What happened to the fire in that, like, 6 month period?
    I don't know, but Captain Marvel isn't covered on fire either

Baffling. Agree to disagree I guess.

Maybe the filmmakers decided that non-fire looked better?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kinda dumb when the first image showed her being in a fire look.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

You’re referring to the alternate leaked trailer.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

pink stuff, fire, confetti... this movie was still going to tank. no amount of cgi could save it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    pink stuff, fire, confetti... this movie was still going to tank. no amount of cgi could save it.
    The conversation had nothing to do with Box Office. So you’re making a strawman.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-18-2019 at 05:44 AM.

BANNED

Well, contrary to the contamined popular belief, the X-Men movies had always been deeply centered on a group of characters, not a sole character. Fact is, even if THAT specific group which the movies were centered on WASN'T the "classic" X-Men roster you wanted, well, you cannot truly deny the fact that the X-Men movies were focused on the story-arc and the character-arc of a chosen GROUP of characters.

X-Men/X2/The Last Stand were about:

Professor X
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Jean Grey
    Rogue (at least in X1)

First Class/Days of Future Past/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix were about:

Professor X
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Beast
    Jean Grey (in the last two)

Like it or not, you cannot say these movies were NOT character-driven, despite being not focused on the other "X-Men" or the "X-Men" as a battlefield team.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is sad how Jean was supposedly developed in both timelines and yet her charater wasn't done right.

Short of a personality transplant how do you the character right?

It was the preliminary screenings that altered the ending of the movie. In the original Jean Grey was meant to die staying true to the comics. But the reaction from those fans caused it to be altered to something more ambiguous.

The DPS told over 3 movies with all its campness would probably also failed as the audience knows the way it ends and have seen it before. Additionally, the story isn't that epic to be told over 3 movies.

Unfortunately making her decision/the ending ambiguous robbed the movie of the message, and rendered the movie pointless