Page 21 of 209 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Well no one would say the Texans don't have a huge amount of work left to do offensively, but it seems they may have finally found a QB, Watson had some really impressive moments tonight even if they only scored 13.

And the Bengals are just a raging dumpster fire now.

Puntball was boring tonight uh?
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Cincinnatti is 0-2, without a TD, and both those games were at HOME.

No team has managed that trifecta of opening suckitude since the 1939 Eagles.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So what's the over/under on Marvin Lewis even keeping his job till the end of the season?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So what's the over/under on Marvin Lewis even keeping his job till the end of the season?
    He;s survived worse seasons than this one. I mean the Bengals haven't fired him for years because they likely remember before he joined the team. That my friends was a complete travesty of suck if you remember the Bengals teams from the time Sam Wyche was fired to when Lewis came in. One of the funniest moments is when Paul Taglibue (former Commish) got so angry at Mike Brown being a cheap skate fuck , he literally wrote him a letter and told him he better fix the damn field .

Brown would have less scouts than other teams to save money (a fact Lewis had to personally force him to hire more scouts to get players ..and even now its nowhere as big s other teams) and he let the field one year become a damn mess. One team (I believe it was Jaguars) told Taglibue they wouldn't play the game due to how terrible the field was. Teams had complained before and the commish told him , you better fix that damn field before the game or if the NFL does it...you get a major fine. Mike Brown had to go fix the field that week.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I dont understand the Bangles, I mean they really shouldnt be this bad. I guess it's true that the Bangles lost some people on their Oline, Whitworth and Zietler, and it really seems to be affecting them. That being said, Texans lost 3 TE's the first game, lost 2CB's last night and had a rookie QB starting for them. A team with a 14 year head coach, one of the best WR's in football and a TE who is very good should have beat the living sht out of the Texans.

Well Whitworth and Zietler were probowl caliber players, and losing them is a huge blow, the Bengals O Line was ranked in the bottom 2 or 3 by most going into this year and it shows because Dalton was rushed or flushed from the pocket seemingly every play last night.

They need to do away with season long Thursday Night Football.

To kick off the season, and for a few weeks in November is fine...but more often than not we get the dullness of last night...and next week its Rams v Niners :X
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Bengals - first team the NFL might actually kick out of the league?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

To kick off the season, and for a few weeks in November is fine...but more often than not we get the dullness of last night...and next week its Rams v Niners :X
    Agreed. Opening day and Turkey Day ... that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Browns already had that happen. Probably will again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Before the Jets? Highly unlikely.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Yes. We're into 1,000 yard stare territory early this season.

I wish the option of saying we did but not doing it was an available.

Maybe we're just selfish and spoiled. There's gotta be 200 family members of the players taking the field that are looking forward to this. Think of Auntie Meemaw.

What's the over/under for attendance? I'm trying to do my part to not to participate in the bane of hyperbole on the internet but I gotta feel it should be about 900 attendees. Or 1 vendor for every 3 paying customers.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Browns already had that happen. Probably will again.
    True. Forgot about that. But things are looking up for them this year, theoretically anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Before the Jets? Highly unlikely.
    Jets!? Maybe when all the Jets guys leave the front office ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

True. Forgot about that. But things are looking up for them this year, theoretically anyhow.
    Man if the Browns are removed again? Do you think they finally get rid of the name?