Page 275 of 324 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Picked up several issues missing from my collection today at our local comic con! #51, 58, 178, 192, 194, and a couple of team ups with Spider-Man!
    Attachment 65825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Very cool. I ended up going to a local con as well (it wasn't Georgia, so I guess there's more than one today). I ended up getting: #166, 174, 175, 220, 270. All I need is #176 and the way too expensive #168 and I'll have all of Miller's written issues. I was happy with #270 because that seemed hard to find online and I got it for $5. #220 was reasonable for the first Mazzuchelli issue.
    Great stuff fellas! I was doing the exact same thing around 5 years ago when I got back into comics after a 25 year hiatus i.e. trying to collect every single Daredevil issue from Volume 1 (1964). I drew a line with issues that I already had in a collected format, but there were quite a few exceptions My oldest issue is Daredevil #9. I also picked up all the Marvel Team-up issues where Daredevil appeared.

@FlashFreak, Daredevil #178 was my second US comic purchase as a kid (I'm from the UK), Daredevil #177 was my first. Make sure you pick up Power Man & Iron Fist #77 as it's a follow-up to Daredevil #178 and it's not just a small DD appearance. Matt has equal panel space with Danny and Luke. I read those comics so many times back in the day.

@Mike_Murdock. That's impressive that you almost have all the Miller written comics. I was fortunate enough to start collecting comics during the Miller run, but unfortunate not to start a year or so earlier when Miller began working on Daredevil. This means I have a solid run from DD #177 onwards but bits and bats pre DD #177. DD #168 will be tough what with it being Elektra's first appearance. But you never know what you can find if you persevere. For example, I picked up a pretty good copy of DD #174 (The Hand's first appearance) for around $1.50 from a local online auction site several years ago.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Original Sin tie-in story, I think?
    That would be correct (she's in a flashback in a later issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yes. And it was good, too (not so much the art).
    Fantastic story and the art by Javier Rodriguez was extremely good and an improvement on Chris Samnee, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I like how he's also confirming he'll still be on the book after the new year. Love that.
    Yes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great stuff fellas! I was doing the exact same thing around 5 years ago when I got back into comics after a 25 year hiatus i.e. trying to collect every single Daredevil issue from Volume 1 (1964). I drew a line with issues that I already had in a collected format, but there were quite a few exceptions My oldest issue is Daredevil #9. I also picked up all the Marvel Team-up issues where Daredevil appeared.

@FlashFreak, Daredevil #178 was my second US comic purchase as a kid (I'm from the UK), Daredevil #177 was my first. Make sure you pick up Power Man & Iron Fist #77 as it's a follow-up to Daredevil #178 and it's not just a small DD appearance. Matt has equal panel space with Danny and Luke. I read those comics so many times back in the day.

@Mike_Murdock. That's impressive that you almost have all the Miller written comics. I was fortunate enough to start collecting comics during the Miller run, but unfortunate not to start a year or so earlier when Miller began working on Daredevil. This means I have a solid run from DD #177 onwards but bits and bats pre DD #177. DD #168 will be tough what with it being Elektra's first appearance. But you never know what you can find if you persevere. For example, I picked up a pretty good copy of DD #174 (The Hand's first appearance) for around $1.50 from a local online auction site several years ago.
    #9?! WOW!! That is all sorts of awesome! I really enjoyed 178, It was hilarious how DD kept losing his “body guards” and Danny and Luke couldn’t put two and two together that every time Matt disappeared DD would be there.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

That would be correct (she's in a flashback in a later issue).

Fantastic story and the art by Javier Rodriguez was extremely good and an improvement on Chris Samnee, IMHO
    GTFO! Rogdriguez' issues were low points during that run. The drop off in quality when he filled in was jarring. Then again, being compared to Samnee is unfair to most.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-14-2018 at 06:15 AM.

BANNED

Ugh. It looks like I'll have to wait another year to get back to the DD books.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Ugh. It looks like I'll have to wait another year to get back to the DD books.
    It's another year of one of the best runs on the character and in comics altogether! Jump back in now!

BANNED

It's another year of one of the best runs on the character and in comics altogether! Jump back in now!
    Ugh, no, man. Thanks. I tried to read the last issue and I haven't finished yet.

God, it's so boring. It's really really boring.

Ugh, no, man. Thanks. I tried to read the last issue and I haven't finished yet.

God, it's so boring. It's really really boring.
    601? The start of Mayor Murdock? Dude, that issue was a blast! Action, badassary, and Matt being an absolute BOSS in the Mayoral seat, making fast and decisive moves to make sure he can trust the people around him and regain control of the city under attack by ninjas! Not to mention Henderson's splendid art. Boring? I think not.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-14-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I thought 601 was everything you'd want in a Daredevil comic. And by you, I mean me.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I thought 601 was everything you'd want in a Daredevil comic. And by you, I mean me.
    That was just good comics at their finest (as has been most of Soule's run to date).
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-14-2018 at 01:05 PM.

BANNED

601? The start of Mayor Murdock? Dude, that issue was a blast! Action, badassary, and Matt being an absolute BOSS in the Mayoral seat, making fast and decisive moves to make sure he can trust the people around him and regain control of the city under attack by ninjas! Not to mention Henderson's splendid art. Boring? I think not.
    Yes, DD #601.
    Mayor Murdock? Agh! No, man, I'm sorry but that's a stupid idea.

Henderson's splendid art??? Oh God, no! It's so ugly and hideous.

Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but this whole run is completely lame. I mean, that's what I think.
    I'll wait for Soule to get out of the title.
    I'm a very patient man.

But, hey, you like the book, right? And that's what matters.
    Cheers.

Yes, DD #601.
    Mayor Murdock? Agh! No, man, I'm sorry but that's a stupid idea.

Henderson's splendid art??? Oh God, no! It's so ugly and hideous.

Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but this whole run is completely lame. I mean, that's what I think.
    I'll wait for Soule to get out of the title.
    I'm a very patient man.

But, hey, you like the book, right? And that's what matters.
    Cheers.
    It's a shame you feel that way about the run. Truly.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-14-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's interesting. I started buying the Daredevil issues not collected in other trades. I think the first ones I bought in floppies that was collected elsewhere were #297-300. The Last Rites storyline was collected in an out of print trade called Fall of the Kingpin, but it was cheaper to buy in individual issues. Then I noticed that I was getting very close to getting everything in Volume One post-Miller.

What really convinced me that I should be getting all the Miller books in floppy was a book called "Frank Miller's Daredevil and the Ends of Heroism." That book does a lot to make me realize that he brought a lot in terms of page layout and design, including focusing on the page turn that can get absolutely butchered in trade. The biggest example is #191. That's the Russian roulette issue with Bullseye. The second to last page has Daredevil pull the trigger the final time. In the comic, you have to turn past four full pages of ads to get the the reveal that the gun was empty. In trade, it's not even a page turn. There are also issues of pages designed to parallel each other, but not shown on the same page. I finally decided it was easier to just get the originals.

It's not that it's impossible to find, but the cheapest I found was about 80 bucks. $1.50 would be nice since it feels like $10-15 is normal for the rest.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's interesting. I started buying the Daredevil issues not collected in other trades. I think the first ones I bought in floppies that was collected elsewhere were #297-300. The Last Rites storyline was collected in an out of print trade called Fall of the Kingpin, but it was cheaper to buy in individual issues. Then I noticed that I was getting very close to getting everything in Volume One post-Miller.

What really convinced me that I should be getting all the Miller books in floppy was a book called "Frank Miller's Daredevil and the Ends of Heroism." That book does a lot to make me realize that he brought a lot in terms of page layout and design, including focusing on the page turn that can get absolutely butchered in trade. The biggest example is #191. That's the Russian roulette issue with Bullseye. The second to last page has Daredevil pull the trigger the final time. In the comic, you have to turn past four full pages of ads to get the the reveal that the gun was empty. In trade, it's not even a page turn. There are also issues of pages designed to parallel each other, but not shown on the same page. I finally decided it was easier to just get the originals.

It's not that it's impossible to find, but the cheapest I found was about 80 bucks. $1.50 would be nice since it feels like $10-15 is normal for the rest.
    Interesting stuff.