Page 436 of 580 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8689

Trailer for Ninth Doctor: The Ravagers.

Tom Baker was actually quite fit back in his earlier Doctor Who days, plus he had the deep voice. It's a bit hard to tell sometimes with the coat and scarf.

He did lose a lot of weight and tone during his last few seasons, I think due to either exhaustion or other reasons like age. This is very noticeable in season 18.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Probably because everyone apart from die-hard fans had bailed on it by that point. Most of the people likely to kick up a stink about McCoy's stuff at the time were probably too busy watching Corrie to even notice. Wasn't Remembrance the first story to depict someone's skeleton when being hit by a Dalek too? Prior to that it was just a flash or they just used a negative effect. I guess you can toss that one in there.

When you look at the 80s as a whole, I think Who was just following the trend of the time. Plus people often forget Who was never a kids show. It was made by the serials department which was separate from it. I think Phillip Hinchliffe had the best approach to it in that he believed the main audience was early to mid teens. But that different age groups found something in the show that appealed to them - kids liked the monsters, dad's loved the assistants (Leela was a particular hit with them apparently lol), even Tom became a bit of a sex symbol to mum's at the time.
    Yep (The current series of course uses a mix of the "negative" effect with the skeleton one)It also described exactly what the Dalek beam does to the body- basically scrambles the organs while leaving the outside intact.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I mean, I know Whovians my age (mid 30s) who think Tom was appealing. Probably his personality? Don't know. I do think he is charismatic. So that might be it.
    I learn something new every day! This just proves my point about "sexy" not really existing

Not to say I don't like his performance, because I do

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Trailer for Ninth Doctor: The Ravagers.
    I've never gotten a Big Finish release but I am definitely interested in this one for sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I've never gotten a Big Finish release but I am definitely interested in this one for sure.
    I rarely pre-order from Big Finish directly (often wait for stuff to become available locally here in Australia). But this was one instance where, as soon as they made it available, I pre-ordered. No question. Didn't even care how much either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Tom Baker was actually quite fit back in his earlier Doctor Who days, plus he had the deep voice. It's a bit hard to tell sometimes with the coat and scarf.

He did lose a lot of weight and tone during his last few seasons, I think due to either exhaustion or other reasons like age. This is very noticeable in season 18.
    He was sick during the production of State Of Decay (they had to perm his curls because they lost their bounce). I just think he was exhausted and I think he was melancholic over the fact he was leaving. His marriage to Lalla had broken down as well. So his mind was preoccupied, too say the least.

Even Pertwee lost his zest in his last year (not surprising since Katy left and Delgado passed away).

^Also the show's format starting to get away from the UNIT formula may've had an effect, possibly. Although they showed up throughout the season in a few forms, I think INVASION OF THE DINOSAURS was really the only majorly focused UNIT story of his final season, and even in the previous season outside of THE THREE DOCTORS and GREEN DEATH they were largely absent.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey everyone, haven't been around for a while, life and such. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has any links to a website or just knows in general what issues the Mondasian Cybermen appear in comics or the strip? Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey everyone, haven't been around for a while, life and such. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has any links to a website or just knows in general what issues the Mondasian Cybermen appear in comics or the strip? Thanks
    Weren't they featured in the Flood?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Master! came out yesterday. I started listening to it and it's decent.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Junk-..._(comic_story) sort of has a mondasian cyberman, although one with a chest unit similar to the Moonbase/Tomb ones.

Astonishing Member

^Also the show's format starting to get away from the UNIT formula may've had an effect, possibly. Although they showed up throughout the season in a few forms, I think INVASION OF THE DINOSAURS was really the only majorly focused UNIT story of his final season, and even in the previous season outside of THE THREE DOCTORS and GREEN DEATH they were largely absent.
    It was a culmination of all of those reasons. Something Jon himself admitted. However, he was prepared to do a sixth year. The problem arose when he went to the BBC higher ups and basically said that, since Who was doing well in the ratings, he would like a slight increase in salary to stay on. They refused. So he left.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    They are going to show up in a story with the 9th Doctor set during the filming of Fritz Lang's Metropolis later this year.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Weren't they featured in the Flood?
    I'm looking for appearances outside of tv. Like in comics, magazines, etc.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Junk-..._(comic_story) sort of has a mondasian cyberman, although one with a chest unit similar to the Moonbase/Tomb ones.
    Thanks. I knew about that one, but always wanting to find more.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor