Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A fight with Giganta would be good for a cold open action scene.

I shudder to think how badly it could potentially look though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    A fight with Giganta would be good for a cold open action scene.

I shudder to think how badly it could potentially look though.
    I like this idea of an opening fight with Giganta. If they could pull off the “giant” effect as well as the MCU has...

Re Silver Swan. I’m fond of the character, but isn’t her origin a lot like the one they gave Cheetah in the movie?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I like this idea of an opening fight with Giganta. If they could pull off the “giant” effect as well as the MCU has...

Re Silver Swan. I’m fond of the character, but isn’t her origin a lot like the one they gave Cheetah in the movie?
    They can just give her a different origin. Maybe one more connected to Circe or more connected to Robinson's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

Yup. That's why I think they should fuse Silver Swann and Silver Banshee. A family ritual that turns them into this creature.

I don't think any of the incarnations of Silver Swan would fit.

I agree that if they need a second villain, throw Giganta in there for a fun opening battle.

Circe should be the main antagonist, with her bestiamorphs supporting her. Use the ones from Perez's run, like Mikos (crow), Nisus (wolf), Theo (horse), and Angelina (tiger).

The problem with Giants is that she's only used for the 'visual.' They don't even try to build her up as a credible threat.

I find Circe very overused and generic (public domain Greek gods). I only liked Circe during the Messner-Loebs run. She was okay in Rucka I era.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    The problem with Giants is that she's only used for the 'visual.' They don't even try to build her up as a credible threat.

I find Circe very overused and generic (public domain Greek gods). I only liked Circe during the Messner-Loebs run. She was okay in Rucka I era.
    Giganta could totally be an interesting villain that brings both thematic value and complexity to the plot, but I don't think Patty would use her that way, and I'm not criticizing her for it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

To keep things simple right now....I want Diana to kick some butt, take some names, and not try to play nice the entire film.

Fantastic Member

If Jenkins is doing the directing, just make the entire movie about PI, WW and the amazons and a villain that comes to the island. PJ did a lot of more in the WW 1984 movie in the island than the rest of the movie before it came a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    To keep things simple right now....I want Diana to kick some butt, take some names, and not try to play nice the entire film.
    I know you aren't actively championing for Warrior dude Wonder Woman. But this attitude easily leads to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    If Jenkins is doing the directing, just make the entire movie about PI, WW and the amazons and a villain that comes to the island. PJ did a lot of more in the WW 1984 movie in the island than the rest of the movie before it came a mess.
    Hard disagree. Not only did I dislike the first scene and yet love the rest of the film (while still recognizing writting issues in the first act), I also disagree on your ideas. The Amazons should be the emotional core of the third film, but it should be about them coming to Man's World, not the other way around.

Gina Carano as Giganta?
    The J-man

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Gina Carano as Giganta?
    Hasn't she become persona non grata?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hard disagree. Not only did I dislike the first scene and yet love the rest of the film (while still recognizing writting issues in the first act), I also disagree on your ideas. The Amazons should be the emotional core of the third film, but it should be about them coming to Man's World, not the other way around.
    Sure, to each his own. But what I meant to say is that the setting i prefer to be in PI with WW as obviously the main character, the amazons as the supporting, and one solid villain. Enough can be done with this without the convoluted mess after those scenes. Even the little lasso scene done by one amazon with the whip looked better than WW did flying around lassoing lightning, so ridiculous, even for suspension of disbelief. Also, not that it matters to change people's opinion about it, even the hardest critics of the movie almost unanimously preferred the first part of this movie.

Spectacular Member

Ferdinand!

Can we please finally get Ferdinand? Also not just as some quick character. I want him to have a decent presence as one of the main characters.

Also more Themyscira! Though I assume if Ferdinand does appear we will get to see more Themyscira.