Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It's probably for the Wonder Girl TV series since I doubt the whole show will take place in Brazil. It's for an American audience after all and most Americans aren't fluent in Spanish.
    We aren't fluent in Spanish too, tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    We aren't fluent in Spanish too, tho.
    My bad. I had a moment of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is anyone else sad that we won't get to see Jerry in the Wondergirl tv show? I want a freaking pegasus on tv. Is that really so hard to do?
    Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to do. They could make it so that his wings only appear sometimes so they wouldn't have to animate them in every shot (saves a lot of money) and it's not like the CGI for the wings has to be terrific, what they did in Legions of Tomorrow for Hawkgirl would be fine.

I'm guessing they want a more down-to-earth, coming-of-age story and don't want to deal with the Pegasus. Since the Wonder Girl comic hasn't even come out yet I have no idea what the tone for the show is.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    My bad. I had a moment of ignorance.
    No biggie

10char
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Girl #2 DC Pride variant by Kevin Wada

Some snippets Joelle Jones has been posting on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMRgXzqBYQK/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMRgmoxh-OV/

Last edited by Hypo; 03-11-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Girl #2

written by Joëlle Jones
    art by Joëlle Jones
    cover by Joëlle Jones
    Pride card stock variant cover by Kevin Wada
    card stock variant cover by Will Murai
    ON SALE 6/15/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US | FC | DC

After receiving a sacred gift from the gods of Brazil, our hero seems destined for great things. Little does she know, another pantheon has been watching her as well. Hera, queen of the Greek gods, has chosen Yara to become her latest champion. But what need does the goddess have for a warrior of her own? Find out in this stirring second issue!

Could have sworn Hera was just killed.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Could have sworn Hera was just killed.
    She was...

It sounds like WW gonna get her back in her own series judging by the #774 description.

Interesting tidbits from Joelle’s recent interview on the Off-Panel podcast:
    1. She wasn’t the first choice to write. DC approached several Brazilian creators and asked them if they were interested and they all passed apparently. Don’t know why, but for those complaining about DC not asking a Brazilian to write this, they did make an attempt
    2. Joelle doesn’t plot out her issues beforehand, she just starts drawing and sees where the story takes her which is hell on the editors lol. Yeah don’t expect her to keep up both writing and art, frankly they should’ve gotten her a co-writer or an artist to do this because she won’t last long doing both.
    3. Yara had many names. First she was Maria, then Yularen (I think that’s how Joelle pronounced it), but Joelle hated her names so she came up with Yara
    4. Yara was supposed to live in Brazil but after all the Brazilian writers passed they asked Joelle to put her in the USA. They vetoed all the cities Joelle proposed to have her live in until she pitched Boise since that was Joelle’s hometown
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A look at this design in color:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wonder how long she'll be able to keep up as an artist because....its just that good and I'm afraid once she stops the next one will be way to basic.

A look at this design in color:

Looks like DC isn't rushing to remind the audience that Nubia is Dianas twin or even Hippolytas daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. She wasn’t the first choice to write. DC approached several Brazilian creators and asked them if they were interested and they all passed apparently. Don’t know why, but for those complaining about DC not asking a Brazilian to write this, they did make an attempt
    2. Joelle doesn’t plot out her issues beforehand, she just starts drawing and sees where the story takes her which is hell on the editors lol. Yeah don’t expect her to keep up both writing and art, frankly they should’ve gotten her a co-writer or an artist to do this because she won’t last long doing both.
    3. Yara had many names. First she was Maria, then Yularen (I think that’s how Joelle pronounced it), but Joelle hated her names so she came up with Yara
    4. Yara was supposed to live in Brazil but after all the Brazilian writers passed they asked Joelle to put her in the USA. They vetoed all the cities Joelle proposed to have her live in until she pitched Boise since that was Joelle’s hometown
    Are there many Brazilian writers who write comics? That might be why. They might write novels and weren't comfortable switching to the comic medium. Should have still tried to get Joelle a co-writer or consultant though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder how long she'll be able to keep up as an artist because....its just that good and I'm afraid once she stops the next one will be way to basic.
    Well she was apparently working on Wonder Girl before even writing the Future State stuff so hopefully she's built up a decent cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Huh, I could've sworn she said Maria and Sylvia - anyways my notes on the episode below, had originally posted it in the other thread, overlaps with Vordan's observations:

• Jones is currently reading WW chronologically, she's on the Perez run at the moment
    • The book/character was originally offered to Brazillian creators who passed on it
    • Originally the plan was to make Yara an adult in present day rather than Wonder Girl
    • The pandemic has allowed Jones to do a lot of research which is not the norm for comics, she's learning Portuguese
    • Originally Jones wanted Yara to be from somewhere else besides Boise but all the other cities she proposed were taken by other heroes
    • Jones made the decision to have the book open with Yara going back to Brazil for the first time so the reader would be exposed to Brazil for the first time along with Yara and also because it would be inauthentic for her as a writer to jump in and be like "I know everything there is to know about Brazil"
    • Jones was working on Wonder Girl before DC asked her to do the Future State story
    • When Jones came onboard Yara was named Maria, and then Sylvia. Jones changed it to Yara but any and all changes to character had to be approved by the TV people

At first it was cool because it's different but now Joelle Jones not drawing pupils is weirding me out. It makes people look possessed or like an android or something. It adds a coldness to her warm and winning style.