View Poll Results: Who was the 1rst DC Comics version of "The Flash" you ever read in a comic book?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Garrick (Golden Age Flash) - 1st appeared in Flash Comics #1 (1940).

10 4.39%
  • Barry Allen (Silver Age Flash) - 1st appeared Showcase #4 (1956) / died in CoIE

104 45.61%
  • Wally West (post-CoIE Flash) - became The Flash at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths

107 46.93%
  • Bart Allen (post-Infinte Crisis Flash) - Became The Flash after Wally vanished / Bart suddenly aged

0 0%
  • TV/the CW version of The Flash (Barry) - from The Flash: Season Zero (based on TV continuity)

2 0.88%
  • other (please specify in a separate post)

5 2.19%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

new 52 flash run so Barry Allen
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Barry was the first Flash I read in a comic.

Barry in Flash 239. One of my very first comic book purchases.
    The_Flash_Vol_1_239.jpg
    Around Christmas of 1975.

The first and only Flash comic I ever read was the Season Zero tie-in to the TV show, so I've only read about a version of Barry Allen.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Barry in Flash 239. One of my very first comic book purchases.
    The_Flash_Vol_1_239.jpg
    Around Christmas of 1975.
    This was the first Flash comic I bought:

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

The one with the helmet. Lol

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally.
    It was issue 110 of his series, which interestingly enough is also the issue number of Barry's series where Wally first appears. I was confused because it has Jesse Quick on the cover fighting crazy Lady Flash lol so I was like "Wheres the Flash?" kinda confusing for an 8 year old. This was the dead heat story line with Savitar. Still one of my all time favorite comic book stories.

Also not only was this my first Flash comic but my first single comic I ever bought. Up until then I would buy those 3 in 1 bag packs where they put the good comic in the front and the crappy ones in the back lol.

Good times.650789.jpg
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 07-18-2017 at 06:33 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It was very close to being Barry Allen but was probably Wally West. The first Flash comics I ever bought - and actually the two comics most responsible for getting me hooked onto the medium for twenty five years now - was a reprint of Showcase #4 and the Flash #66, which was a Wally/ Aquaman crossover. I had read the occasional Superman and Batman issues over the years and had seen some DC cartoon that may have been Super Friends but may not have been but the idea of having two superheroes sharing the same comic was still novel enough for me that I'm pretty sure I read it first. I remember being somewhat confused about who this Barry Allen person was in Showcase #4 but the essay at the back of the reprint (which may have been by Mark Waid, weirdly enough) explained the whole idea of generations of the same superhero and for some reason that idea really struck a chord with me.

So, yeah, Wally is my first and favourite Flash but props to Barry Allen for getting me there - and that was before the Return of Barry Allen came along and really hooked its claws into me.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

My first Flash comic

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The first and only Flash comic I ever read was the Season Zero tie-in to the TV show, so I've only read about a version of Barry Allen.
    I'm glad that poll option proved useful to at least one person.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Barry for me.

I started reading just before he died, however I read about 10 or 15 years worth of Flash stories before he perished in Crisis. (I had access to a lot of comics. )

I just really became a Flash diehard fan during Waids run, though. I liked it before, loved it from then on.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Around the time Infinite Crisis came out I was a young pre-teenaged comic reader. If Wally was in Infinite Crisis (I don't remember) it was Wally but if we wasn't it was Barry because I read Crisis on Infinite Earths shortly after. The first Flash title I bought that wasn't Justice League or an event was Rebirth, so I guess I'll vote for Barry.

These polls are great but they should be for "Who has the best costume." You should do that next

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Wally West. I grew up with the early 2000s Geoff Johns Scott Kollins run on The Flash (as evidenced by my username), even to this day it's one of my all time favorite comic book eras.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Incredible Member

Barry Allen in the New52 run. Though I grew to love Wally more after I read more comics.