Page 345 of 434 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6499
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    This is a bit off topic, but if they're not mutants, how'd they get their powers??
    High Evolutionary experimented on them and gave them their powers. That's in Remender's Uncanny Avengers vol. 2. According to the HE, he gave them their powers and made it so their power signatures would be seen as mutant powers by devices like Cerebro. They also have a "sister" from the same batch. I believe she was called Luminous and had both super speed and reality warping/chaos magic powers.

BANNED

lol I forgot about their sister (so dd everyone at Marvel).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol I forgot about their sister (so dd everyone at Marvel).
    Such is the fate of bad ideas.

Luminous could be an interesting character if Remender didn't make her better than the twins in every conceivable way and I say this as someone who doesn't like Wanda and is neutral about Pietro. "Look, Pietro, Luminous moves so fast you're like a slug compared to her. And you, Wanda. You wield the chaos magic like it's a hammer. Ridiculous. Watch how graceful and skilled your sister is". Felt like Remender just wanted to create an overpowered villain in the most cliché way possible.

Nobody:

Remender OCs:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

RIP Jet Black and Apocalypse Twins.
    "Cable was right!"

only the pooky twins deserve to ever come back again because they're really sexy
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Such is the fate of bad ideas.

Luminous could be an interesting character if Remender didn't make her better than the twins in every conceivable way and I say this as someone who doesn't like Wanda and is neutral about Pietro. "Look, Pietro, Luminous moves so fast you're like a slug compared to her. And you, Wanda. You wield the chaos magic like it's a hammer. Ridiculous. Watch how graceful and skilled your sister is". Felt like Remender just wanted to create an overpowered villain in the most cliché way possible.
    The fact that she just had their powers guaranteed she'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Do you think Xavier had a system for Krakoa to operate somehow when he was dead? Would he have backups of mutants who died during that time – the Apocalypse Twins, Avalanche, etc?

Fantastic Member

I feel like they are waiting to use Wanda and Pietro. like they don't want to do everything at once. just like Namor probably gets a bigger role later.

like fuck off you got the X-Men movie rights back you don't have to toy with them anymore. if Wanda's appearances are small that's fine but Pietro has done enough of the years to be here.

the High Evolutionary can easily by lying or manipulated them. shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    only the pooky twins deserve to ever come back again because they're really sexy
    I just hope Eimin goes with her original design and not Planet X

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Do you think Xavier had a system for Krakoa to operate somehow when he was dead? Would he have backups of mutants who died during that time – the Apocalypse Twins, Avalanche, etc?
    Considering what we know, Xavier cant die. They'll just place his memories/consciousness into a new body

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering what we know, Xavier cant die. They'll just place his memories/consciousness into a new body
    That system wasn't in place at the time, though. Goldballs didn't even exist until after Xavier died.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That system wasn't in place at the time, though. Goldballs didn't even exist until after Xavier died.
    My bad. I misread you and thought you meant now.

Id have to reread the texts, but Cerebro was constantly making backups, so it wouldnt have mattered if Xavier was dead. There was enough people that knew about Xavier's plans to ensure that it was still working. And assuming that it was nonfunctional when he died, it wouldnt have mattered as he'd still have backups of mutants that died during that time; they just wouldnt be up to date. Those mutants would be brought back with a chunk of their memories missing
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-26-2019 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wasn't there a controversy involving Jet Black because she was "technically" a minor and Sam Wilson banged her? 2014 seems so distant now, but I remember something like that. Anyway, that was basically a guarantee that she would be swept under the rug.

Also, where the hell is Ian? People were wilding with speculation that he was Kraken 2.0, but I don't think his identity was revealed or Ian was mentioned again. Which is awkward considering he's basically for Steve what Cable is for Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I don't want Uriel back because his death scene was just so good, I feel like bringing him back would be a waste.
    "I. CARE. NOT."

Remender's Thor was absolutely based.

Astonishing Member

I havent read that story in a long time but I remember the Apocalypse Twins as having been good villains

What is a crime is how that story in which Sublime is revealed to have a sister (even though bacterias don't have gender), and in which "he" almost dates Rachel ("he" because the human body is a puppet, Sublime is a sentient colony of bacteria) ruinned him as a villain and he has never been used afterwards.
    The best option there is to completely ignore the story, the writer didnt understand Sublime as a character at all.