nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He was just utterly neutral... to a fault.
    douch-tral is the word you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    A random thought just occurred to me.

Rules say we can't use religious figures in rumbles, but that rule does allow us to use fictional versions of them. So stuff like Karna from fate is okay.

Does does that mean it's okay to put Lucifer from paradise lost into a rumble? because that is just a piece of fiction, it's not actually part of the scripture.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty sure we've had fictional depictions of religious figures in Rumbles before. I think that rule means we can't make a rumble involving Jesus Christ from the Bible in a fight, but Jesus Christ from South Park or Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is OK.
    We’ve used people like Lucifer Morningstar and Michael a ton of times.

Personally, it wouldn’t surprise me if we’d used God or Jesus from Preacher at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    douch-tral is the word you are looking for.
    Never quite understood why that was an insult really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Never quite understood why that was an insult really.
    Hey, I never understood why in North America the non-insult usage is so specific.

It’s just French for shower.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We’ve used people like Lucifer Morningstar and Michael a ton of times.

Personally, it wouldn’t surprise me if we’d used God or Jesus from Preacher at some point.

I'm pretty sure we did, only for Preacher-God to be dismissed for lack of feats off his mighty throne, since that was revealed to be an explicit power-up.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

in my opinion Saga Frontier was one of the original Playstation's best RPGs. Nice to see it come back in a remastered. Red was awesome.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

in my opinion Saga Frontier was one of the original Playstation's best RPGs. Nice to see it come back in a remastered. Red was awesome.
    How does Saga Frontier 2 stack up to the 1st one, in your opinion? Because I've only managed to play two.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

gonna try to talk my dad out of buying my mom a laptop.

she can barely take care of her basic cell phone. she doesn't need a laptop.

gonna try to talk my dad out of buying my mom a laptop.

she can barely take care of her basic cell phone. she doesn't need a laptop.
    Question is, does she want a laptop? If she wants it, and your Dad can afford it, then why not give her a chance to learn. If money is the issue, then yes I can see making that the reasoning behind not doing it.

I once tried to get my Mom to learn how to use a computer, she was never interested in it. She did learn to use a flip phone though, which was good. So I do understand. But a lot of older people take to computers pretty quickly these days.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question is, does she want a laptop? If she wants it, and your Dad can afford it, then why not give her a chance to learn. If money is the issue, then yes I can see making that the reasoning behind not doing it.

I once tried to get my Mom to learn how to use a computer, she was never interested in it. She did learn to use a flip phone though, which was good. So I do understand. But a lot of older people take to computers pretty quickly these days.
    she does but she can barely use what she has right now. my sister bought her a tablet to use instead of her cell because she was using up too much data. now, she barely uses the tablet and her cell is so messed up that her solution to fixing it is just a factory reset.

we've tried to teach her how to use devices but it doesn't really stick. and somehow she does stuff with her devices that create problems that i don't know how she got into. like once, in the span of a few minutes, somehow deleted her facebook and created a new one with a new password she didn't write down.

i've tried to teach her how to care and maintain her stuff but she doesn't do it and i'm left to clean up and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    How does Saga Frontier 2 stack up to the 1st one, in your opinion? Because I've only managed to play two.
    In my opinion the first game had better gameplay and better music.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Real sympathetic Hazel.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

I find myself really enjoying Crocodine in Dai no Daibouken

she does but she can barely use what she has right now. my sister bought her a tablet to use instead of her cell because she was using up too much data. now, she barely uses the tablet and her cell is so messed up that her solution to fixing it is just a factory reset.

we've tried to teach her how to use devices but it doesn't really stick. and somehow she does stuff with her devices that create problems that i don't know how she got into. like once, in the span of a few minutes, somehow deleted her facebook and created a new one with a new password she didn't write down.

i've tried to teach her how to care and maintain her stuff but she doesn't do it and i'm left to clean up and fix it.
    It's kind of like that with me and my husband, only he's not bad with computers, he just knows that he he doesn't have to worry about something going wrong because he has me here to fix it for him. Maybe I've spoiled him a bit that way. Still, I don't mind being the family computer tech person, usually. It keeps my skills sharp.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.