Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Manga is normally cheap (or at least, cheaper than it is in the US) where I am from, so I might pick-up the first volume to check it out.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

BATMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE MANGA VOL. 1 TP
    written by SHIORI TESHIROGI
    art and cover by SHIORI TESHIROGI
    From mangaka Shiori Teshirogi (Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas) comes a new series starring Batman and the Justice League. Currently being serialized in the monthly Japanese anthology Red, the story focuses on a young boy who comes to Gotham City from Japan. He’s trying to solve the mystery of what happened to his scientist parents after their disappearance following a factory explosion a year earlier. As it turns out, the factory was owned by Lex Luthor, who has now teamed with The Joker. Together, they plan on using the research of the boy’s parents to tap into a mystical, all-powerful, worldwide energy source. But for what purpose? It’s a bigger challenge than Batman can handle on his own, so he’s going to need some help from the League.
    This series will be published in the original manga right-to-left format.
    ON SALE 10.17.18
    $12.99 US | 208 PAGES
    5.75” x 8.18

Finally translated and in trade.
    It said 208 pages.
    How many issues is that collect?
    Has anyone here been reading the originals in RED
    How many pages is an issue? Is this collected edition make for a full story? And how is the story?

Last edited by Güicho; 05-21-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Some of her work - Not from the JL Manga.
    Charming fun, although seems a bit generic.
    That Superman reminds me of a lot of fan arts where they pretty up or make characters cuter because their character is nicer than the others. Meaning it's usually Superman, Dick and Tim that got that treatment.

Incredible Member

It said 208 pages.
    How many issues is that collect?
    Has anyone here been reading the originals in RED
    How many pages is an issue? Is this collected edition make for a full story? And how is the story?
    It probably collects 4 or 5 issues, since each one has around 40 pages. But there are also some mini-stories of Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and those ones have 4-6 pages, maybe they are included. There could be some extras like sketches or pages featuring character desings, too. Currently, two volumes have been released. It's an ongoing story, so probably vol.1 ends on a cliffhanger. I don't know how many issues are so far, maybe 10. It's a monthly series.

I haven't read all the issues, not all of them have been uploaded or translated. The story started with Joker trying to use some kind of energy generated by special places on Earth. Lex and Ocean Master have also appeared, along with Superman and Aquaman. Lois, Alfred and Gordon have appeared as secondary characters.

The writer and artist, Shiori Teshirogi, is one of my favorite artists, taking into account manga and comics. She was the author of Saint Seiya (or Knights of the Zodiac): Lost Canvas. Her Ocean Master looks incredible, and also her Wonder Woman. But Superman and Batman look a little wierd, and her Joker is pretty bad. Since she usually doesn't draw characters who are very muscular, she has some issues with superheroes, but she is a very good artist; her drawing is very clean and detailed.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 05-21-2018 at 11:59 PM.

This looks interesting, hope it's doing well in Japan, hope the translation does well here. With this and Batman Ninja it seems WB's Japan branch is really spearheading DC properties into the Asian market, which is a good thing. Of course WB is just looking at that market and wanting to make a profit, but fans benefit from the new ideas and re-envisioning and new take on characters these sorts of projects provide. Even if you don't like manga and anime, much like how the new Zoom and Ink imprints aims much younger than the average fan, it helps broaden the characters' appeal and widens the fanbase, ensuring a steady inflow of cash to help create more projects to enjoy, and inspires the next generation of creators to write and draw future stories.

And coming in 2020 DC proudly present to you.BATMAN and the FREEDOM FIGHTERS.BATMAN and the POWER CO.BATMAN and the LEGION OF SUPER HEROES.BATMAN and the NEW TITANS.BATMAN and the OMEGA MEN.BATMAN and the JUSTICE SOCIETY.lol ijs.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    It probably collects 4 or 5 issues, since each one has around 40 pages. But there are also some mini-stories of Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and those ones have 4-6 pages, maybe they are included. There could be some extras like sketches or pages featuring character desings, too. Currently, two volumes have been released. It's an ongoing story, so probably vol.1 ends on a cliffhanger. I don't know how many issues are so far, maybe 10. It's a monthly series.
    Maybe they up to 10 issues?
    You say collects 4 or five issues? Yet two volumes released?
    Also did not know about the mini-stories. Same artist writer?.
    ....Thanks!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-24-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Who is this kid?
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-13-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Who is this kid?
    He´s an original character to this story. I think he´s a ninja who comes to Gotham looking for his parents. Or Dohko of Libra (Saint Seiya/Knights of the zodiac joke).

BATMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE MANGA VOL. 3 TP
    written by SHIORI TESHIROGI
    art and cover by SHIORI TESHIROGI
    In the next chapter of the manga adventures of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, Ocean Master has summoned a massive tidal wave to flood Gotham City! While Aquaman tries to reason with his brother, Batman is determined to stop him by any means necessary. Superman soon joins the fray, but the challenge becomes even greater when the mysterious oni known as Akurou summons a giant snake to engage the heroes. Plus, new villains arrive on the scene—Sinestro, Reverse-Flash and Cyborg Superman...and the nexus point of the greatest congestion of ley lines on Earth is revealed to be directly under the Batcave!
    ON SALE 10.02.19

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Thought about picking this up though I'm not a big manga reader. Anyone read it yet? Is it any good?
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

*bump*
    Yay or nay? Good art and characters or... meh??

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Thought about picking this up though I'm not a big manga reader. Anyone read it yet? Is it any good?
    I haven't seen any manga reviewers reviewing it. I think forneverworld(a manga reviewer on YouTube) had posted a news about it year ago or so. Other than that, i don't think anyone has been talking about it.So, i didn't bother. Furthermore, the title with "batman and -" thing is an instant turn off for me. But, the artwork is great.A little shoujo-esque, but very decent and detailed.