Page 176 of 234 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3507

Wandavision is so 2019. Where is our Wandajanet series

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nope Hope and Wanda couldn't repower the depowered ones. They couod only ignite it in people who had not had theirs activated yet.

Dani Moonstar was depowered only up until recently when the Phalanx came to her. Not even mothervine reported her. There's about 100,000 depowered mutants still. Even genetic samples were depowered. Out of the 16 million dead mutants in genosha only 1 million had mutant DNA after decimation so Selene could only use 1 million

What Hope and Wanda did was lift the block on the human genome. Cause she prevented future mutant births with her spell as per Exodus. And the human genome was affected as well
    Weird. she repowered Rictor iirc. Why couldn't she do it for everyone else

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Weird. she repowered Rictor iirc. Why couldn't she do it for everyone else
    That's explained in Children's Crusade. After Doom steals the Life Force™ from her she explains that she is no longer able to repower mutants. In other words, her crazy hopped-up power from House of M was the only thing capable of reversing the spell.

That story really makes the X-Men look horrible since Wanda offers to re-power more mutants and Cyclops turns her down, preferring to arrest her instead, and then a huge fight breaks out and Wanda goes back to Doom for help reversing the spell, etc.

I know Cyclops fans would point out that it is completely out of character for him to care more about revenge than helping mutants, and they're right, but that just goes to show out-of-character writing shouldn't have to affect how we think of a character, which is what Wanda fans have been saying for years.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-19-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's explained in Children's Crusade. After Doom steals the Life Force™ from her she explains that she is no longer able to repower mutants. In other words, her crazy hopped-up power from House of M was the only thing capable of reversing the spell.

That story really makes the X-Men look horrible since Wanda offers to re-power more mutants and Cyclops turns her down, preferring to arrest her instead, and then a huge fight breaks out and Wanda goes back to Doom for help reversing the spell, etc.

I know Cyclops fans would point out that it is completely out of character for him to care more about revenge than helping mutants, and they're right, but that just goes to show out-of-character writing shouldn't have to affect how we think of a character, which is what Wanda fans have been saying for years.
    I hated how Cyclops was portrayed in Children's Crusade, Wnada offers away to undo M-Day (granted very slowly) and Cyclops goes "not good enough, burn the witch!" even though he had a way of undoing it all in front of him and willing to do so. If he had, AvsX wouldn't need to happen

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    How about a "We're in the MCU and we still don't get any respect from publishing" team: Wanda, Jan, Hank Pym, Sam Wilson, Rhodey, Vision... actually it will never happen because that's too good a team.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    How about a "We're in the MCU and we still don't get any respect from publishing" team: Wanda, Jan, Hank Pym, Sam Wilson, Rhodey, Vision... actually it will never happen because that's too good a team.
    I'd be up for this too. Even if it's just an MCU universe book itself. Just give us something.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Jim Zub saying Wanda and Janet are 2 of his favorite avengers.

All the love for Zub! <3
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I hated how Cyclops was portrayed in Children's Crusade, Wnada offers away to undo M-Day (granted very slowly) and Cyclops goes "not good enough, burn the witch!" even though he had a way of undoing it all in front of him and willing to do so. If he had, AvsX wouldn't need to happen
    I think the gripe Cyclops had was that Wanda offered to repower only the mutants who actually wanted their powers back. Him opening fire upon *that* offer makes him look really bad, as then it seems that to him it's only about their population number.

This was an Avengers book after all, and it really showed in how it treated the mutant characters.

Then it continuous with shooting itself in the foot by having one of the Young Avengers literally shoot on Wanda’s second attempt to repower the Mutants.

They should make a Disney+ show called "Ant-Men and the Wasps" that would be half set in the present with Scott and Hope and half in the past with Hank and Jan.

I still don't know I feel about WandaVision as a title .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I think the gripe Cyclops had was that Wanda offered to repower only the mutants who actually wanted their powers back. Him opening fire upon *that* offer makes him look really bad, as then it seems that to him it's only about their population number.

This was an Avengers book after all, and it really showed in how it treated the mutant characters.

Then it continuous with shooting itself in the foot by having one of the Young Avengers literally shoot on Wanda’s second attempt to repower the Mutants.
    Well, did they really touch upon people whose Mutant power only really give them negative effects.
    Or how AvX also give some people unwanted Mutant power. (That is one of the disturbing aspects of AvX, hey I want to raise the population of my dying species, so I am gonna make new ones out of your regular John/Jane Does whether you like it or not. If you swap Mutants for Vampires, Werewolves, etc, yikes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't know I feel about WandaVision as a title .
    Yeah, it still sounds goofy to me. Surely ScarletVision would have worked just as well if they wanted to imply it was some kooky world Wanda cooked up? Maybe they were worried people wouldn't be able to work out Scarlet meant Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, did they really touch upon people whose Mutant power only really give them negative effects.
    Or how AvX also give some people unwanted Mutant power. (That is one of the disturbing aspects of AvX, hey I want to raise the population of my dying species, so I am gonna make new ones out of your regular John/Jane Does whether you like it or not. If you swap Mutants for Vampires, Werewolves, etc, yikes.)
    I assume it boils down to an editorial decision, the “Children’s Crusade” was maybe only allowed to have Wanda return, not for her to change anything. That was reserved for AvX. This would then couple back to the story, by preventing her to undo what she did in a straightforward way.

Extraordinary Member

This is why the only mutant who got repowered was Rictor. He was in X-Factor at the time, and that book was almost completely cut off from the rest of the line, so all Allan Heinberg had to do was ask Peter David if he was OK with giving Rictor his powers back. With anyone who was in a bigger book it would probably have been a much bigger deal, especially considering how slow Children's Crusade was to come out.

Now I have settled on being glad that Wanda is not in “House of X” / “Powers of X”. Otherwise she would now look just like Lorna:

Pconc.jpg

Which in my eyes says “Help! I want out of this story!”

Also I now believe that in the end this will be treated like an AU. Otherwise on numerous characters this will leave quite a mark