Page 314 of 390 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5845
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The Sony Spider-Man movies both made more than 700 million and Marvel studios threw them out. As far as Disney is concerned there is only one Marvel cinematic universe.
    Actually, Sony made that call for various reasons. They still own the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Actually, Sony made that call for various reasons. They still own the rights.
    They own the rights, Marvel calls the shots. They were willing to give up creative control just to get the Marvel Studios branding and the RDJ guest appearances.

They own the rights, Marvel calls the shots. They were willing to give up creative control just to get the Marvel Studios branding and the RDJ guest appearances.
    There is also non-MCU Venom movie being made as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    There is also non-MCU Venom movie being made as we speak.
    Good for them. It has nothing to do with Marvel studios.

Ultimate Member

The Sony Spider-Man movies both made more than 700 million and Marvel studios threw them out. As far as Disney is concerned there is only one Marvel cinematic universe.
    I think it was Sony that wanted it re-booted. I remember them being disappointed by how ASM 2 did and how it was outperformed (worldwide) by b-list characters (Captain America Winter Soldier) from the leaked emails. The budget and revenue for the new Spider-man movies is going entirely to Sony.

The whole MCU Spider-Man is for a limited time but I might be mis-remembering.

But you’re absolutely right that for Disney there is one Marvel cinematic universe. Bob Iger has already confirmed that FF and X-men are being folded into the MCU and I really doubt Disney can bring them in (with the exception of Deadpool) as they are now.

I see Disney doing a very hard reboot to the main X-men movies. Besides the fact they haven’t made so much money (outside of X3 and DoFP), it would be very unwieldy to take up what Fox has started and run with it because Fox themselves don’t even have their continuity sorted out.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-06-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But you’re absolutely right that for Disney there is one Marvel cinematic universe. Bob Iger has already confirmed that FF and X-men are being folded into the MCU and I really doubt Disney can bring them in (with the exception of Deadpool) as they are now.

I see Disney doing a very hard reboot to the main X-men movies. Besides the fact they haven’t made so much money (outside of X3 and DoFP), it would be very unwieldy to take up what Fox has started and run with it because Fox themselves don’t even have their continuity sorted out.
    Oh I do agree that they will likely reboot the main series after the Phoenix story is done with. The whole point of the soft reboot was to have a second chance at that anyway.

The other stuff will probably continue as alternate realities in MCU. Considering what was stated in Doctor Strange and Marvel is interested in an Exiles TV series.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    They don't take George Lucas advice since George Lucas accepted a check to have his advice not be valid. Shuler and Kinberg are employees of FOX and I'm sure they mutt be under the assumption that they will continue on since they know the people over at Disney or they got an assurance from Fiege that they will be along for the ride in the MCU since they are all friends. But.. y'know, why would she be so sure?

Apparently she is the one in charge of everything yet she speaks as if she was one of the poster in this forum. I got really angry with that comment about Singer, you're the boss you should have done something about it a long time ago!
    Anyways she shouldn't be so sure about keeping her job at Marvel Studios, to believe that Fox and Disney creative decisions acoincide to allow this is very naive.

Spectacular Member

Its great to see another Xmen film getting awards season recognition and a possible oscar contender for the second year running. Have to enjoy this moment before Disney/MCU takes over.

Save us Department of Justice and Anti trust lawyers, you are our only hope now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Its great to see another Xmen film getting awards season recognition and a possible oscar contender for the second year running. Have to enjoy this moment before Disney/MCU takes over.

Save us Department of Justice and Anti trust lawyers, you are our only hope now.
    Even if the deal was unquestionably against the law, Republicans own all 3 branches of government. We'd still be screwed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post

By the time Disney/MCU takes over, superhero movies will have faded out. As Spielberg said, like Westerns they will die out. already are. I never wanted Disney to take over either but in the end, its irrelevant since superhero films are already burning out especially the Disney/MCU ones. Disney/MCU will never be able to sustain or create any X-Men film that will revolutionize superhero movies. The last great X-Men movie now lies in the hands of Deadpool 2 and X-Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    By the time Disney/MCU takes over, superhero movies will have faded out. As Spielberg said, like Westerns they will die out. already are. I never wanted Disney to take over either but in the end, its irrelevant since superhero films are already burning out especially the Disney/MCU ones. Disney/MCU will never be able to sustain or create any X-Men film that will revolutionize superhero movies. The last great X-Men movie now lies in the hands of Deadpool 2 and X-Force.
    most viewed trailer = next Avengers
    we had 4 superhero movies in top 10 movies of 2017 (box office)

you only watch fox movies right?
    that's why you think that super hero movies are already burning up
    they can't give anything new for last 15 years.

As Spielberg said, like Westerns they will die out.
    we will see
    from what i see he is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Superhero movies are gonna fade out in 12-18 months?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    Bob Iger already confirmed the X-Men and FF are moving to Marvel Studios under Feige, why are so many pro-Fox posters here saying that won't be the case and that things will continue as always after the deal is done?
    Oh, they absolutely will go over to the MCU, but that's still years away. Everything currently on Fox's shedule is just going ahead as planned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    most viewed trailer = next Avengers
    we had 4 superhero movies in top 10 movies of 2017 (box office)

you only watch fox movies right?
    that's why you think that super hero movies are already burning up
    they can't give anything new for last 15 years.

we will see
    from what i see he is wrong
    The next Avengers movie will end up like the past movies. meaningless , saturated, thick popcorn summer movies. Disney/MCU cannot give anything new since all their movies are the same following a dying formula. I watch well thought out and meaningful superhero movies in the ranks of Logan, Days Of Future Past and Deadpool. Those are still new in the span of 15 years. Spielberg is one of the godfathers of movies, his movie gallery is as beautiful as it is diverse. I don't see him as wrong. I can't see him as wrong when what he said is already coming to pass.

BANNED

Even if Spielberg was right, and he probably was not, Westerns were popular from the 30's through the 70's at least, so we have a good while to go before superheroes go out of fashion.