Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Undoniel View Post
    As example, it is understandable that Franklin Richards reality warping/beating a bunch of Celestials in higher in classification than (among others, and no offense for this character's fans) Iceman's control over moisture.
    It's unlimited in terms of their powers. Iceman and Franklin are both Omega and unlimited in terms of their power but that doesn't mean they have equal power.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    It's unlimited in terms of their powers. Iceman and Franklin are both Omega and unlimited in terms of their power but that doesn't mean they have equal power.
    That's true. I was trying to find some equivalent between the Omega and Beyond Omega to explain my point, but there isn't really similar power to be compared here. (and it's unlimited in terms of "potential", no important but that's the exact word used)

But I stick on my way to see relative that unlimited thing (and on the fact it is not their best idea to use Beyond Omega without a clear explanation).

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Franklin Richards is Omega or beyond. This website give a very detailed explanation of him and theories about how he's the editorial stand-in for keeping the universe largely static since 1991.

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/index.html

Amazing Member

Interesting site, thanks a lot !

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Undoniel View Post
    I admit I haven't read a lot of things involving Mikhail Rasputin, Jubilee and Dazzler, but feel free to give the references where they're stated as such.

She is an Omega Class Contact according to Nimrod, she is maybe among the Omega Level Mutates according to Supergiant, never said she wasn't Omega, I'm saying I have never seen her explicitly classified as an Omega-Level Telepath.

Which Handbooks, official wiki and biography lists her as an Omega-Level Telepath ?

While I can't say I disagree, I tried to give an answer up there. I assuled the use of the term "standards of Omega-Level Mutants" while presenting Mr. M (198 Files) could be indicating that with more and more Omega mutants, with their potential or their threat level (yep, the first use of Omega Level Mutant is from Fred Duncan, and meant "ultimate threat", cf. X-Men Forever #3) seemingly not as (respectivelly) unlimited or ultimate as it was thought to be. That's the only way I can see those things in a logical way. But yes, it is kind of stupid without any context given to us.

Outside from the Beyond Omega discussion, do people know some Alphas apart from those from Age of Apocalypse ? I read somewhere there was allegedly in the Twelve storyline...
    Xavier is an Omega-Level Telepath, Rachel is only second to him in Telepathy and with his death she's the most power Telepath, even more powerful than Pyslocke(She literally can move mountains) and Emma Frost. She's an Omega-Level Telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Xavier is an Omega-Level Telepath, Rachel is only second to him in Telepathy and with his death she's the most power Telepath, even more powerful than Pyslocke(She literally can move mountains) and Emma Frost. She's an Omega-Level Telepath.
    He is right, Rachel has never been cited as an Omega Level Mutant" on panel. Nor do I think she's been cited as an Omega Level Telepath on panel either but she is probably one. But he's right in terms of citations. And there's an issue in Infinity, which actually implies that Rachel is not an Omega Level Mutant while Iceman is as he was the one called a Omega threat and not Rachel or Storm who were cited as non-threats by Supergiant.

Also, she wasn't in Exodus list of top 5 dead & alive telepaths in Blinded by the Light. Additionally, she has been beaten by Emma and Xavier did not include the P5 when he made that statement. Furthermore, that statement was challenged by Kid Omega who has managed to shut Rachel out in Wolverine and the X-Men - Alpha and the Omega.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-24-2014 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

If Emma was an Omega level telepath couldn't she have done what Red Skull claimed he could do for Erik a long time ago? I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He is right, Rachel has never been cited as an Omega Level Mutant" on panel. Nor do I think she's been cited as an Omega Level Telepath on panel either but she is probably one. But he's right in terms of citations. And there's an issue in Infinity, which actually implies that Rachel is not an Omega Level Mutant while Iceman is as he was the one called a Omega threat and not Rachel or Storm who were cited as non-threats by Supergiant.

Also, she wasn't in Exodus list of top 5 dead & alive telepaths in Blinded by the Light. Additionally, she has been beaten by Emma and Xavier did not include the P5 when he made that statement. Furthermore, that statement was challenged by Kid Omega who has managed to shut Rachel out in Wolverine and the X-Men - Alpha and the Omega.
    Bah! Revisionist drivel
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-24-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Pic(s) & Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

If Emma was an Omega level telepath couldn't she have done what Red Skull claimed he could do for Erik a long time ago? I'm just saying...

Bah! Revisionist drivel
    Nope that's the exact scene both me and the other user referred to. She's not cited as omega level mutant. That scale is used for mutants and humans. In that scene he cites the avengers and hellfire club non mutants as class one contacts. He cites himself a robot as omega class too. Not the same definition or classification.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She's still an Omega, is listed as such and is the #1 Omega-Level Telepath on the planet after Xavier died and that's without the Phoenix. There's no denying it, facts and facts and fact is that Rachel is still an Omega and has backed that claim up well. Such as when she completely demolished the Avengers and easily bested Thor.

Emma beat a less experienced Rachel who was distraught over Emma sleeping with her father. Emma even tells Rachel that Rachel is more powerful than her. Something Xavier agrees with considering what he told Rachel before his death and how Rachel is the one chosen to deal with the current threat in Will - Not Emma, not Psylocke. Rachel.

Fantastic Member

Nope that's the exact scene both me and the other user referred to. She's not cited as omega level mutant. That scale is used for mutants and humans. In that scene he cites the avengers and hellfire club non mutants as class one contacts. He cites himself a robot as omega class too. Not the same definition or classification.
    Er all Nimrod has done is group mutants, humans and beings as contacts. It's fairly nitpicky when Rachel is the only Omega contact he specifies to say that because he doesn't specifically reference her as a mutant then it doesn't count. We know she's a mutant.

She's still an Omega, is listed as such and is the #1 Omega-Level Telepath on the planet after Xavier died and that's without the Phoenix. There's no denying it, facts and facts and fact is that Rachel is still an Omega and has backed that claim up well. Such as when she completely demolished the Avengers and easily bested Thor.

Emma beat a less experienced Rachel who was distraught over Emma sleeping with her father. Emma even tells Rachel that Rachel is more powerful than her. Something Xavier agrees with considering what he told Rachel before his death and how Rachel is the one chosen to deal with the current threat in Will - Not Emma, not Psylocke. Rachel.
    Actually again, those aren't facts. As once again she has never been cited as one on panel. I wouldn't be opposed to her being one but what you're stating is not a fact. It's an inference. And once again Xavier did no include the P5 in that statement (Emma) and Kid Omega challenged her on that statement. You're also forgetting Exodus who took out Rachel backed up by an entire team of X-Men. Emma managed to stalemate Exodus and Dust took him out. Additionally, Emma was cited as the most powerful telepath on the planet in front of Exodus after Xavier lost his powers. There's also another scene where Emma can sense Vulcan leave the atmosphere but Rachel can't. So clearly that statement is false and backed up by those actual facts. At the moment Emma's powers are broken and Exodus may be dead. So maybe now she might be the most powerful telepath on the planet but I doubt Kid Omega would agree with that.

Also Emma never said Rachel had more power. Nor did Rachel. All Rachel said was that she was using a lot of power and still lost and Emma explained why.

BTW That Will was written before Emma joined the team.

Er all Nimrod has done is group mutants, humans and beings as contacts. It's fairly nitpicky when Rachel is the only Omega contact he specifies to say that because he doesn't specifically reference her as a mutant then it doesn't count.
    Not just contacts but "Class 1 Contacts". You understand that the Omega Level Mutant system is a classification for mutants based on the mutation. By definition it cannot include the likes of the Avengers non-mutant members or even himself a robot. "An Omega Class Contact is on par with this unit".

The system he's using is more threat level rather then the system we're known to which was created much, much later.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-25-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Fantastic Member

Please let's not bring the joke of mutant Exodus into this. Neck snapped ahoy!

Rachel's a stronger telepath than Emma. You always keeping looking at the past instead of the current issues.

Not just contacts but "Class 1 Contacts". You understand that the Omega Level Mutant system is a classification for mutants based on the mutation. By definition it cannot include the likes of the Avengers non-mutant members or even himself a robot. "An Omega Class Contact is on par with this unit".
    He doesn't specify any non-mutant as Omega so he's not including anyone but a mutant.
    Last edited by Daithi; 09-25-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Additionally, Supergiant just refers to Iceman as an Omega Level Mutate here.

Please let's not bring the joke of mutant Exodus into this. Neck snapped ahoy!

Rachel's a stronger telepath than Emma. You always keeping looking at the past instead of the current issues.
    Are you talking very recent issues with Emma's powers broken? Then sure. However, Rachel got beat by Exodus while she was backed up by an entire team of X-Men. So he is definitely stronger then her.

He states that he himself is an Omega Contact. "Omega contact is on par with this unit". That his definition of it.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-25-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

Additionally, Supergiant just refers to Iceman as an Omega Level Mutate here.

Wrong. He mentions Mutates. Plural. Care to show the next page?

Wrong. He mentions Mutates. Plural. Care to show the next page?
    What about the next page? He takes control of Iceman the threat he was talking about but read this page he's specfically talking about Iceman and the school in general. In that scene he specifically singles out the Immortal Man (Wolverine), the Elemental (Storm) and Minor Members with Mental Acuity (Rachel) out as not Omega Mutates as they are not the threat he's talking about. So while there may be more omega mutates at the school those three he singled out are definitely not them.

It's a statement of exclusion.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-25-2014 at 02:44 AM.