Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Antifa/Proud Boys would be more like MLF/The Right
    are you just following protocol and parroting OZT rhetoric?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Captain America and the Falcon comic right?

When they woke up in the hotel after a long night.
    They were in Cap's house. And she slept on the couch. You are remembering wrong.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

People routinely compare fascists with Antifa.

Antifa members routinely break out store windows, set cars on fire and beat reporters and innocent bystanders with bicycle locks in the name of fighting fascism. They generally behave like violent anarchists who use their stance against fascists and those they falsely accuse of fascism to try and paint themselves as a force for good.

I see little difference between Antifa and fascists groups like the Proud Boys other than the phony excuses they use to justify their evil behavior.
    Ahh yes. Disruptive protesting against a corrupt system is just as bad as

*checks notes*

Nazism. Congrats on that very interesting and not at all disgusting take.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a gay Black guy and Cyclops is my favorite character.

Cyclops was hated more because in real society it would've more palatable to hate a straight White male than a mentally ill Romani woman. I don't think Marvel editorial or writers did this on purpose, but there had to have been some residue of societal shifts affecting how much **** Cyclops was getting in the Marvel Universe. I mean, my homie was possessed by The Phoenix Force and The Avengers were constantly f*cking with him at every turn.
    Last edited by GeneTitan; 05-24-2020 at 06:07 PM.

BANNED

i wonder what would've happened if the avengers complied and left em alone
    would hope phoenix destroy everything? She couldn't control the phoenix without avengers training, and the phoenix was already dark and genociding worlds on its way.
    Cyclops training didn't seem any more specific than regular sparring.
    Maybe him actively roadblocking at every turn caused him to be hated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i wonder what would've happened if the avengers complied and left em alone
    would hope phoenix destroy everything? She couldn't control the phoenix without avengers training, and the phoenix was already dark and genociding worlds on its way.
    Cyclops training didn't seem any more specific than regular sparring.
    Maybe him actively roadblocking at every turn caused him to be hated?
    Hope was not given the chance to bond with the PF to be able to control it until the very end of the series. We really dont know what would have happened had the Avengers not intervened but we do know that she likely would have bonded with it much earlier, before any of the nonsence with the P5 being corrupted happened and that is primarily the Avengers fault. Cyclops wasnt hated for his training methods. His actions at Dark Phoenix at the end cemented him as a villian in that event and especially killing Xavier led to backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ahh yes. Disruptive protesting against a corrupt system is just as bad as

*checks notes*

Nazism. Congrats on that very interesting and not at all disgusting take.
    Calling "breaking out store windows, setting cars on fire and beating reporters and innocent bystanders with bicycle locks" disruptive protesting against a corrupt system?

Congrats on your disgusting take.

Doing evil in the name of fighting evil is not something other than evil.

That's why the X-Men fought the Brotherhood and the MLF and other such groups. The X-Men I've been a fan of for decades would fight Antifa, too.

BANNED

Calling "breaking out store windows, setting cars on fire and beating reporters and innocent bystanders with bicycle locks" disruptive protesting against a corrupt system?

That's why the X-Men fought the Brotherhood and the MLF and other such groups. The X-Men I've been a fan of for decades would fight Antifa, too.
    you described every town with a noticable sports team after a big win or loss, or the bastille.

"The X-Men I've been a fan of for decades would fight Antifa" this is the worse take i have ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    you described every town with a noticable sports team after a big win or loss, or the bastille.

"The X-Men I've been a fan of for decades would fight Antifa" this is the worse take i have ever heard
    That may be because you are more of a Brotherhood/MLF/Antifa-type fan than an X-Men fan. There are lot of those fans on this forum for some reason, and they constantly push for the X-Men to become more and more evil like their enemies. More and more morally compromised. Grayer and grayer until they are black. Where the difference between the hero and the villain, the hero is the one who is less bad.

Again, the fact that you think there is any equivalency between property damage and a harmful ideology that’s led to the genocide of Jewish people and other marginalized groups should spark something in that brain of yours.

Again, the fact that you think there is any equivalency between property damage and a harmful ideology that’s led to the genocide of Jewish people and other marginalized groups should spark something in that brain of yours.
    I wouldn't call beating people, including reporters and bystanders, with bicycle locks 'property damage'.

Perhaps an analogy to explain my difficultly in understanding you will help.

I feel like I am talking with people about two evils, not unlike rape and murder, with someone who says 'how can you equate killing someone with sex'.

I don't know if it's that you are incapable of seeing the evil in Antifa, or you are simply unwilling to, but in either case further discussion with you or anyone like you is pointless. Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Yep meant in universe.

Tony is Yet another one who gets a pass and forgiven for:
    Civil war
    Exiled hulk into space
    Mind wiping cap
    The all infamous iron man stuff

The avengers are the biggest hippocrates in comics history
    What does Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine," have to do with the Avengers? I think the word you're looking for is "hypocrites".
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope was not given the chance to bond with the PF to be able to control it until the very end of the series. We really dont know what would have happened had the Avengers not intervened but we do know that she likely would have bonded with it much earlier, before any of the nonsence with the P5 being corrupted happened and that is primarily the Avengers fault. Cyclops wasnt hated for his training methods. His actions at Dark Phoenix at the end cemented him as a villian in that event and especially killing Xavier led to backlash
    when she was about to bond with it on the moon, she said she wasn't ready and wanted logan to end her. The P5 said they'd prepare her(carrying the implication she was not yet ready)... though the corruption set in and scott said he won't give her the power because she doesn't deserve it or sth.

The avengers probably pacified the phoenix by splitting it into relatively manageable chunks for some time atleast, enough to train hope better.

depends on how many tankies are there in antifa. Plus half hearted and sporadic violence can accelerate fascism by giving them ammo and letting them play the victim.

That may be because you are more of a Brotherhood/MLF/Antifa-type fan than an X-Men fan. There are lot of those fans on this forum for some reason, and they constantly push for the X-Men to become more and more evil like their enemies. More and more morally compromised. Grayer and grayer until they are black. Where the difference between the hero and the villain, the hero is the one who is less bad.
    Eh If it means just sitting around while whole groups of mutants are killed, preaching acceptance or tolerance...I think I'd go the extreme route. Paint me as a villain, its a color I'm used to wearing, and looks good as hell on me.
    I know right....its soooo weird.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh If it means just sitting around while whole groups of mutants are killed, preaching acceptance or tolerance...I think I'd go the extreme route. Paint me as a villain, its a color I'm used to wearing, and looks good as hell on me.
    Mystique assassinating kelly caused DOFP and trying but failing to assassinate kelly pushed forward the Mutant registration thing
    Magneto attacking US army bases pre-emptively caused sentinels to be pushed harder and the government to crack down harder. In fact magneto's history of violent and supremist means definitely contributed to wanda going "no more mutants"

Random acts of violence and pre-emptive strikes in the marvel universe only seem make things worse rather than better.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-24-2020 at 08:51 PM.