View Poll Results: Which two Fantastic Four members lives will soon be forever changed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reed Richards and Susan Storm

6 12.24%
  • their children, Franklin and Valeria

18 36.73%
  • Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm

5 10.20%
  • some other combination

20 40.82%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Default Which two Fantastic Four members lives will be forever changed?

Marvel is reportedly telling us that in October, two of the Fantastic Four members lives will be forever changed. Who are they referring to and what could happen to cause such a change?

What think all of you? Who are these two members who will soon face a huge change in their lives..... forever?

(1) Reed and Sue
    (2) their children, Franklin and Valeria
    (3) Johnny Storm (Human Torch) and Ben Grimm (Thing)
    (4) some other combination

Ben and Alicia adopt those two new kids.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Franklin and Valeria I would bet. I doubt anything will happen to the main F4 cast, of course, whenever something forever changes in the Marvel world it is normally reset within a year or so.

Crimz - My fellow Sue lover, though we view her quite differently, long time no talk to.... I thought that it was time for me to return to this website, as I took a rather lengthy leave of absence. I suppose it is possible that Ben and Alicia could either have a child of their own or adopt one. I guess Alicia would count as an extended member of the FF. Not a bad guess I suppose at that.

Can you guess, Crimz, which two lives I hope will be changed forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree. It makes sense and it seems like something Slott would do. As for the "forever changed", comic fans take phrases like that with a grain (block?) of salt. But adoption is considered permanent. I suspect some work will need to be done over the next three issues to build up Ben and Alicia's love for those kids. I almost said meddling kids. Then again, Franklin (Shaggy), Valeria (Velma), Jo-Venn (Fred) and N'Kalla (Daphne) could be a Scooby Squad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I agree. It makes sense and it seems like something Slott would do. As for the "forever changed", comic fans take phrases like that with a grain (block?) of salt. But adoption is considered permanent. I suspect some work will need to be done over the next three issues to build up Ben and Alicia's love for those kids. I almost said meddling kids. Then again, Franklin (Shaggy), Valeria (Velma), Jo-Venn (Fred) and N'Kalla (Daphne) could be a Scooby Squad.
    All they would need is an alien pet to solve some cosmic mysteries

Extraordinary Member

This. This is the answer. Why isn’t it on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This. This is the answer. Why isn’t it on the poll.
    Definitely. They got married on this run and Slott said his favorite is Ben. Makes sense it would be Ben focused.

I thought about it, but the default # of options listed is 4, so I kept it at said number.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Johnny dies. Reed, who unwittingly played a role in Johnny's death, divorces Sue and leaves the team indefinitely.

But wait, there's more!

Franklin and Valeria get roped into an urgent mission involving Illyana Rasputin and demons from Limbo. When they return -- seemingly a brief instant in our time, but a lifetime in Limbo -- Valeria is 18 years old and Franklin is correspondingly older as well. Valeria has mastered science and magic to the point that the two are indistinguishable. (Dr. Doom finds that out in short order that she is truly a force.) As for Franklin, he no longer has his godlike psionic abilities. The demons captured him and basically lobotomized his mutant telepathic and telekinetic abilities. But he is still able to absorb cosmic radiation and turns into an energy form not unlike the Human Torch with molecular manipulation powers similar to DC's Firestorm.

So...taken all of the above into account, it's time for the Fantastic Four roll call:

Sue Storm, Invisible Woman
    Ben Grimm, The Thing
    Valeria Richards, Valeria (like a rock star or pop icon, she becomes known by one name only)
    Franklin Richards, The (new) Empyrean

Please, please, please, PLEASE make my dream come true, Marvel!!!

I have a hunch Sue's going to die.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I have a hunch Sue's going to die.
    It's not like he uses her anyway...

Rather another writer takes the character than have her killed off after doing nothing outside of her short mini book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's not like he uses her anyway...

Rather another writer takes the character than have her killed off after doing nothing outside of her short mini book.
    Like Jean Grey, Sue is one of those characters who I think would really thrive in another team book or solo. Somewhere away from her native tribe. Hopefully, they don't kill her. They give her wings and watch her soar.

error.... see below.
    Last edited by Marvel Forever; 07-21-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Johnny dies. Reed, who unwittingly played a role in Johnny's death, divorces Sue and leaves the team indefinitely.

But wait, there's more!

Franklin and Valeria get roped into an urgent mission involving Illyana Rasputin and demons from Limbo. When they return -- seemingly a brief instant in our time, but a lifetime in Limbo -- Valeria is 18 years old and Franklin is correspondingly older as well. Valeria has mastered science and magic to the point that the two are indistinguishable. (Dr. Doom finds that out in short order that she is truly a force.) As for Franklin, he no longer has his godlike psionic abilities. The demons captured him and basically lobotomized his mutant telepathic and telekinetic abilities. But he is still able to absorb cosmic radiation and turns into an energy form not unlike the Human Torch with molecular manipulation powers similar to DC's Firestorm.

So...taken all of the above into account, it's time for the Fantastic Four roll call:

Sue Storm, Invisible Woman
    Ben Grimm, The Thing
    Valeria Richards, Valeria (like a rock star or pop icon, she becomes known by one name only)
    Franklin Richards, The (new) Empyrean

Please, please, please, PLEASE make my dream come true, Marvel!!!
    Wow...... I cannot believe it! Your dream scenario is not quite the same as mine, but it comes fairly close. I do not want any of them to die, but I do want Reed and Sue to break-up and to be broke up by Reed discovering that he fathered a child with Medusa, while Sue and him were separated back in the 1970's, and then Sue being so upset that she leaves and is replaced yet again by Medusa, at least for a while.......... Crimz - what do you think of such a plan for someone whose #1 Marvel character for 55+ years is Susan Storm? I guess it shows that we sometimes have conflicted feelings toward our heroes and heroines.
    Last edited by Marvel Forever; 07-21-2020 at 11:08 PM.