Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't know why people think Leah plans on removing aspects of Lorna's character. I assume she plans on exploring where the anger comes from, and why she is the way she is. What causes it to resurface. Which I think is a positive thing.
    None of us know so assumptions are being made all around and you know what they say about assumptions. Lorna's duality isn't easy for writers to deal with so I give points to writers who try with it vs those that ignore or handwave the area.

Your assumption sounds good so I hope you are right.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-03-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Lots of characters I don't know or I know but didn't read how they all came together etc in this first issue. Five Lights, Quiet Council, Sage, plenty extras with potentially recurring roles. Still held my attention. Even the non-Lorna parts. Felt like a jam-packed issue like the first chapter of a book. Lots of reading like old comic books. I like it. I liked that it took me longer than normal to get through it. Krakoa/Lorna I did not see coming. What an intriguing connection.

Not liking the beanie. Art style not my favorite on the faces but liked everything else. Lorna felt like the leader but she says she's not, so interesting how it will come across in the next few issues. Funny that Storm concluded she was and Magneto's reaction afterwards was a good moment. I liked the teamwork and how cohesive they were as they came together prior. Maybe too convenient but I enjoyed it.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-03-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A lot of previews for Lorna. I wonder if that's a big issue for her or something. Her Shi'ar costume looks wonderfully rendered there, but I'm curious as to when she'll transition to her new design.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    A lot of previews for Lorna. I wonder if that's a big issue for her or something. Her Shi'ar costume looks wonderfully rendered there, but I'm curious as to when she'll transition to her new design.
    Yeah I was about to ask, how come in issue 4 she still isn't wearing the new costume they already previewed

Honestly I sort of like the costume she wears there more than the new thing though which to me feels too loose and baggy like robes which doesn't truly suit her. It makes her seem sort of like... one of those really young teen "magic using" type characters or something.

But the costuming isn't super important for me, and anything other than the all green thing is a + pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Lots of characters I don't know or I know but didn't read how they all came together etc in this first issue. Five Lights, Quiet Council, Sage, plenty extras with potentially recurring roles. Still held my attention. Even the non-Lorna parts. Felt like a jam-packed issue like the first chapter of a book. Lots of reading like old comic books. I like it. I liked that it took me longer than normal to get through it. Krakoa/Lorna I did not see coming. What an intriguing connection.

Not liking the beanie. Art style not my favorite on the faces but liked everything else. Lorna felt like the leader but she says she's not, so interesting how it will come across in the next few issues. Funny that Storm concluded she was and Magneto's reaction afterwards was a good moment. I liked the teamwork and how cohesive they were as they came together prior. Maybe too convenient but I enjoyed it.
    Yeah the art style is too bug eyed and faces are way too expressive for me as well. BUT it's not awful or anything, just kinda brings out the whole "time for some zaniness" kind of vibe. We'll find out how it feels when more dramatic or serious events occur and if can be made to bring those out appropriately.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

We have had this conversation before, but we don’t know she isn’t switching off costumes as in for big events her more well known costume appears. Issue number four seems the most seriously of the first run solicited yet and that should decide if a full costume hand off takes place or not.

We will also see AbnormallyNormal how much of the character and Daken’s aggressiveness appears in that issue or if Krakoa has them on botanical quaaludes.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Regarding her origin cover placement in XMen#50, yeah for sure! Not only is that cover special because it was the first appearance of the very long-running and iconic logo of the team name, but it's incredible this brand-new character is in the center of the whole team radiating out energy, while also seeming enigmatic. Just so special really. I mean you COULD say, well it makes her look like another ad hoc Villain and the team is just reacting. To a degree yes. But there is more going on, since as noted before Lorna/Jean were sort of embodying some feminist traits during this time period, and Lorna introduced as a powerful mistress of magnetism and daughter of the XMen's most feared enemy was pretty powerful stuff. The way Scarlet Witch got horribly treated in the book prior doesn't really let her count in the same way... Wanda was hardly written as anything close to "empowered".
    I sometimes like to imagine Lorna as basically the "Green Ranger" of the X-Men, as it's such an appropriate fit. The cover for X-Men #50 certainly added to that angle.

That Lorna embodied feminist traits at the time is one of the reasons beyond simply being a fan of her that I think she needs and deserves so much more. I sometimes feel the character was "punished" for "daring" to be feminist at a time when institutions generally didn't want to support that.

I don't like the X-Factor costume but that's something I think people generally know.

Recent discussions have me thinking about pop culture songs, and how many that seem to be all happy and peppy and fun by the sound are actually depressing as hell if you listen to the lyrics.

Finally, art by crimsonartz. Couldn't find a direct link to an entry with it.

Last edited by salarta; 08-03-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I just know im getting a cute new icon out of this issue lol

art by meruz

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    We have had this conversation before, but we don’t know she isn’t switching off costumes as in for big events her more well known costume appears. Issue number four seems the most seriously of the first run solicited yet and that should decide if a full costume hand off takes place or not.
    This. I suspect we will see the new costume in the next issue when the team is official, and that she will wear different costumes depending on the situation, with the X-Factor look reserved for her investigative duties and the costume above being her "going to battle" look.

Lorna will probably not have a very important role in the sixth issue of Deadpool but I hope her cameo will be interesting anyway
    Kelly mentioned her among the mutants who will interact with Deadpool so let's keep our fingers crossed

I might get the Deadpool issue, depending on what I see of it. I haven't seen any red flags, and Lorna is alongside other long-time X-Men on it.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by meruz
    So well done!

While I might not be super fond of the art of X-Factor, I do enjoy the fashion choices for Lorna. Very distinct, and it's something I can appreciate.

A Lorna fan made a Tumblr blog last year with the idea of Lorna running for president on a Mutant Liberation Party platform. Not much activity since, but it's a cool fandom thing. The post about Lorna acting as a nuke deterrent was neat.