Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He's announcing the release of the search warrant and property receipt to the public per the judge's ruling yesterday.
    Was a very fast speech. Just saying he is going to release that and that he wont stand for the attacks on the FBI and all that.

Really no info but he couldnt give a lot of info right now.

I edit my comment to Hyped. I thought his statement was about the threat on the FBI office not the statements by the AG.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Was a very fast speech. Just saying he is going to release that and that he wont stand for the attacks on the FBI and all that.

Really no info but he couldnt give a lot of info right now.
    Yeah they can't really comment on ongoing investigations so it was a quick one.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah they can't really comment on ongoing investigations so it was a quick one.
    Its what I expected. Fox News losing their minds because they were expecting him to go into huge detail on the raid and all that. They are not happy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Its what I expected. Fox News losing their minds because they were expecting him to go into huge detail on the raid and all that. They are not happy.
    Haha yeah that's not happening. The judge did say that the DOJ has until Monday I think to respond to a motion by the NY Times and other outlets requesting the affidavits that led to the search warrant to be released. We'll see what happens.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Go figure, Fox News is outraged about something a member of a Democratic administration is doing or not doing.

The version I'm seeing on CNN/NYT explaining the Mar-a-Lago raid...

1. The FBI/DOJ went to Trump some time ago and was like, "Hey, you uh... took some documents protected by the Presidential Records Act when you left the White House. We're gonna need those back."
    2. Trump turns over 15 boxes of documents that were a crime to take. Just, right there, the FBI/DOJ and folks have that. But don't do anything because they don't want to look petty.
    3. After spending some time going through those 15 boxes, the FBI and DOJ are like, "Hey, not for nothing, but the recordkeepers seem to think we're missing a bunch of documents still... and many of them contain classified information pertinent to National Security. We have it on authority that you still have them, and must insist you turn them over.
    4. Trump's lawyers tell the DOJ & FBI to get f***ed, they're not turning over anything else.
    5. DOJ/FBI go to a judge and get a warrant.
    6. DOJ/FBI raid Mar-A-Lago and recover at least 15 more boxes of documents, many of which contain classified info (potentially top secret, but at least secret and confidential info).
    7. Trump and his cabal of loons freak out that he didn't just get to do whatever he wanted, when asked more than once to comply.

Like... this is the fuss. This isn't some "GOTCHA!" raid like Fox News and the right are claiming where the FBI "planted evidence". It's documents that were missing, they knew they existed and they "vanished", and they knew Trump was the only person that should have them, and now they're recovered... but he got asked twice to return them... when he should have never taken them in the first place, and his own dumb ass signed the bill that made it a felony to do what he's doing.

Because they're classified info, by being in possession of them, he's not just in violation of the Presidential Records Act, but potentially the Espionage Act.

Marcy Wheeler summarizing, on Twitter
    :

So when the FBI wrote an affidavit for violations of the Espionage Act, they said, "here's how I know Trump has classified documents and won't give them back: We subpoenaed them, his attorneys showed us them, and then refused to give them back."

Judge: Why do you think this man committed a crime?

FBI: Because his attorneys showed us the proof and then colluded in that crime.

Judge: Why do you think he still has Top Secret documents?

FBI: Because he told us he didn't have any in February and in June his lawyers proved him wrong.
    That's the latest summary of "TRUMP SELF-OWNS, VOL. 87". His lawyers have f***ed up on a level only dwarfed by Alex Jones' lawyer. But that'll happen when you don't pay lawyers and keep doing all the crimes.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-11-2022 at 12:28 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fox News is always going to play Trump as the Victim. No way anything is his fault. Fox News Eric Trump, Don Jr, And a ton of Trumpers are saying and hinting at planted evidence. They knew there was illegal shit at Mar A Lago and they are trying so hard to explain it away or plant the doubt that it is Trumps fault that it was even there.

I have also heard the "He didnt pack his own boxes. He did not move them He didnt know they were there.

So it went from Every president does it, to he didnt even know he did it.

Fox News is always going to play Trump as the Victim. No way anything is his fault. Fox News Eric Trump, Don Jr, And a ton of Trumpers are saying and hinting at planted evidence. They knew there was illegal shit at Mar A Lago and they are trying so hard to explain it away or plant the doubt that it is Trumps fault that it was even there.

I have also heard the "He didnt pack his own boxes. He did not move them He didnt know they were there.

So it went from Every president does it, to he didnt even know he did it.
    He did a crime by taking the documents. (strike one)

The FBI gave him a mulligan on it in February, and just asked for him to return everything.

He didn't, and held onto the the classified stuff. (strike two) So the FBI went about it again, and Trump's lawyers SHOWED THEM THEY HAD CLASSIFIED STUFF HE STILL HADN'T TURNED OVER Confirmed, he still has the stolen documents.

The FBI went, "uh... yeah? That classified s***? That's gotta get returned.", giving him another chance to follow the law.

Trump's lawyers refused (strike three, non-compliance on following the law)..

On three occasions, Trump wasn't given the chance to come correct on this, and chose to keep breaking the law, and is surprised that in the interests of national security, the FBI just raided his place to recover the stolen documents.

So how could he "not know" when they asked him twice to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He did a crime.

The FBI gave him a mulligan on it in February, and just asked for him to return everything. (strike one)

He didn't. So the FBI went about it again, and Trump's lawyers SHOWED THEM THEY HAD CLASSIFIED STUFF HE STILL HADN'T TURNED OVER (strike two, there's still documents you're not returning, you just showed us, and they're classified).

The FBI went, "uh... yeah? That classified s***? That's gotta get returned.", giving him another chance to follow the law.

Trump's lawyers refused (strike three, non-compliance on following the law)..

On three occasions, Trump wasn't given the chance to come correct on this, and chose to keep breaking the law, and is surprised that in the interests of national security, the FBI just raided his place to recover the stolen documents.
    These facts are not in dispute with me at all. But to expect Trumpers or Fox News to care about them? Good luck.

There are stories floating around that the guy who attacked the FBI office and is in a current stand off with police has outstanding open warrants relating to Jan 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Go figure, Fox News is outraged about something a member of a Democratic administration is doing or not doing.

The version I'm seeing on CNN/NYT explaining the Mar-a-Lago raid...

1. The FBI/DOJ went to Trump some time ago and was like, "Hey, you uh... took some documents protected by the Presidential Records Act when you left the White House. We're gonna need those back."
    2. Trump turns over 15 boxes of documents that were a crime to take. Just, right there, the FBI/DOJ and folks have that. But don't do anything because they don't want to look petty.
    3. After spending some time going through those 15 boxes, the FBI and DOJ are like, "Hey, not for nothing, but the recordkeepers seem to think we're missing a bunch of documents still... and many of them contain classified information pertinent to National Security. We have it on authority that you still have them, and must insist you turn them over.
    4. Trump's lawyers tell the DOJ & FBI to get f***ed, they're not turning over anything else.
    5. DOJ/FBI go to a judge and get a warrant.
    6. DOJ/FBI raid Mar-A-Lago and recover at least 15 more boxes of documents, many of which contain classified info (potentially top secret, but at least secret and confidential info).
    7. Trump and his cabal of loons freak out that he didn't just get to do whatever he wanted, when asked more than once to comply.

Like... this is the fuss. This isn't some "GOTCHA!" raid like Fox News and the right are claiming where the FBI "planted evidence". It's documents that were missing, they knew they existed and they "vanished", and they knew Trump was the only person that should have them, and now they're recovered... but he got asked twice to return them... when he should have never taken them in the first place, and his own dumb ass signed the bill that made it a felony to do what he's doing.

Because they're classified info, by being in possession of them, he's not just in violation of the Presidential Records Act, but potentially the Espionage Act.

Marcy Wheeler summarizing, on Twitter
    :

That's the latest summary of "TRUMP SELF-OWNS, VOL. 87". His lawyers have f***ed up on a level only dwarfed by Alex Jones' lawyer. But that'll happen when you don't pay lawyers and keep doing all the crimes.
    This is the shit they are threatening Civil War over? Damn are they petty about being told what to do even when it's in regards to laws they made and signed and people they appointed doing it.

These facts are not in dispute with me at all. But to expect Trumpers or Fox News to care about them? Good luck.
    Ask them, "if you're doing 75 in a 65 MPH zone, and a cop pulls behind you, puts on his siren, and calls to you on the loudspeaker and sells, "SLOW DOWN!"

And then you ignore him, so he asks again...

And you ignore him, yet again...

Are you surprised that he no longer just asks you to slow down, and initiates a high speed chase at that point?

I know, I know, we're talking about cult members with poor critical thinking skills, but this is what we're talking about at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This is the shit they are threatening Civil War over? Damn are they petty about being told what to do even when it's in regards to laws they made and signed and people they appointed doing it.
    I think Domestic Terrorism is the more likely outlook then a Civil War in my view.

And a man in body armor with an AR 15 that makes threats in an FBI office and fires a nail gun in said office is domestic Terror even if no one so far has died or was injuried.

There are stories floating around that the guy who attacked the FBI office and is in a current stand off with police has outstanding open warrants relating to Jan 6th.
    Literally predicted that would be the outcome when I saw the news at my dad's place. It's gonna be a Trump supporter, probably an insurrectionist, and he's attacking because of the raid on Mar-A-Lago in Trump's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Honestly, I think some of these motherf***ers just want to have a Civil War to attack the "leftists" they hate so much, and will use Trump or anything else as a "final straw" to kick it off.

They won't win, because they're not enough of them to do it. 70 million people may have voted for Trump, but there's only some thousand that would take up arms in his behalf.

So it's just a domestic terror outfit, really.

I think Domestic Terrorism is the more likely outlook then a Civil War in my view.

And a man in body armor with an AR 15 that makes threats in an FBI office and fires a nail gun in said office is domestic Terror even if no one so far has died or was injuried.
    Correct. Terrorism is violence, or threats of violence, regardless of a body count.