Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    here's the thing. the Nids don't want to "bust" planets. they eat them.
    Exactly. It is not just bio mass but everything that is worth while to genetics including “useful minerals” get eaten too.

The Nids are like planetary termites/locusts put together with ability to murder the hell out of ya.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Exactly. It is not just bio mass but everything that is worth while to genetics including “useful minerals” get eaten too.

The Nids are like planetary termites/locusts put together with ability to murder the hell out of ya.
    hell, kryptman thought the only way to stop or at least hinder them was to burn their food supply, I.E. habitable worlds.

hell, kryptman thought the only way to stop or at least hinder them was to burn their food supply, I.E. habitable worlds.
    He wasn't wrong per se, that does slow them down at the very least. If the Imperium had committed to his (admittedly somewhat insane and brutal even for 40k) plan it might have arguably stopped them.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-27-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah, considering how the Imperium of Man are flat out insane with their military might (seeing how the Imperial Guard, which some fans compared to our modern world armies with far more dangerous instruments of deaths to use, is considered the redshirt army in most material) yet find the Tyranids one hell of a threat...It's kinda difficult to say adding Doomsday in their gene pool would make them anymore dangerous.

Like worlds are just lifeless husks of rock by the time they swarm in, no matter how effective the defenses are. Yet crazy enough, we don't ever really get the full invasion force in action because it's likely the setting just ends if they just full out swarmed the galaxy.

...Unless there's some sort of lore change about them I missed out.

It really depends on how big the main Tyranid force the hive fleets detach off of and advance from really is. Nothing has ever confirmed that one way or another.

Also that characters have managed to hurt the hive mind directly through various nonsense suggests there might be possible ways to still take it on (Yriel and his magic spear having made the hive mind itself scream in pain when he killed the Swarmlord, etc.).

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The ability to metabolize solar energy to the point of Class 100 stats wouldn't be useful?

Or the ability to self resurrect with adaptive evolution to the last thing that killed them? Imagine slaughtering a field of nids with a plasma bomb only for them to rise from the grave a few days later, immune to plasma.
    I think you don't really understand what the Tyranids are in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe: they are an evil version of what the Borgs are for the Star Trek Universe, with psychic powers to the level of Dark Phoenix; if not greater.
    They don't need the power of resurrection, because thank to their "hive mind" (all the minds of the Tyranids are connected together), when an invasion force of them is defeated, they gather all the necessary informations to create new species of Tyranids, more adapt to the mission than the previous ones.

And how powerful are the Imperial Titans?? The ships?

FEATS Chou, feats! :P I dont know WH40k all that well. What about these things suggests Class 100?
    The Imperial Fleet has enough power to erase the life from entire planets (or destroy the planets themselves if it is necessary) and the Tyranids have the power to face that force.

About the Titans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vu2nlAZm1U

About the Imperial Fleet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5wXcYDNU4g

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He wasn't wrong per se, that does slow them down at the very least. If the Imperium had committed to his (admittedly somewhat insane and brutal even for 40k) plan it might have arguably stopped them.
    So what your saying is, The Forerunners really ARE a hard counter to Tyranid forces. Halo Array for the win?

Galaxy spanning genocide being a thing the Forerunners are totally willing to do and all that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

So what your saying is, The Forerunners really ARE a hard counter to Tyranid forces. Halo Array for the win?

Galaxy spanning genocide being a thing the Forerunners are totally willing to do and all that.
    Yeah, if you're willing to burn everything in their path to the ground, as it were, there's nothing for the Tyranids to really go forward on.

Pretty sure that's what I said when you made that thread :P
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty sure that's what I said when you made that thread :P
    Very true.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure