Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    That's not time travel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    That's because Speed force allows them. Once it didn't, they couldn't travel in time no matter how

Flash 50-51.
    Eh no. That was just Zoom screwing up stuff. And it doesnt change that you had to be FTL to travel through time even when the speed force was a thing that allowed time travel

If speed force was all you needed to time travel Jay or Max or Wally himself could have done it long before he actually did
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-27-2020 at 07:48 AM.

That's not time travel though.
    It is however a speed thing Jay is otherwise incapable of that he manages with the treadmill

Then there is this, unrelated to the Flash, from Superman mythos

https://i.postimg.cc/YqvX9mcH/image.jpg

It seems you really have to be FTL to break the time barrier under your own power

I'm all for rebirth Superman being FTL, if and when the feats show up. The cosmic treadmill feat is just not conclusive proof

Personally the Action 1000 feat of stopping a bullet already fired to a women's temple while he is clearly far away from the city is my favourite speed feat so far

https://m.imgur.com/a/WroE00F
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-27-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Eh no. That was just Zoom screwing up stuff. And it doesnt change that you had to be FTL to travel through time even when the speed force was a thing that allowed time travel

If speed force was all you needed to time travel Jay or Max or Wally himself could have done it long before he actually did
    Nope, Wally tried his hardest later couldn't travel in time at all. Read Flash 51.

It is however a speed thing Jay is otherwise incapable of that he manages with the treadmill
    Fair enough. But that's not really the point here and it really doesn't proves that the treadmill allows travel in time at less than lightspeed.

Then there is this, unrelated to the Flash, from Superman mythos

https://i.postimg.cc/YqvX9mcH/image.jpg

It seems you really have to be FTL to break the time barrier under your own power
    Well that was like 5 reboots ago and it was later revealed that Time Trapper gave him power to travel through time, not being FTL.

I'm all for rebirth Superman being FTL, if and when the feats show up. The cosmic treadmill feat is just not conclusive proof

Personally the Action 1000 feat of stopping a bullet already fired to a women's temple while he is clearly far away from the city is my favourite speed feat so far

https://m.imgur.com/a/WroE00F
    Fair enough but I think it is.

My favourite was the moon rebuilding.

Fair enough. But that's not really the point here and it really doesn't proves that the treadmill allows travel in time at less than lightspeed.
    No chain lightning shows you can time travel without being FTL

Since you mentioned Johns, in JSA a few years after Chain lightning we know Jay still isnt FTL, just like he wasnt in chain lightning. Johns wrote this

Johns also wrote JSA years later showing the treadmill allows Jay to keep doing stuff he cant with just his own speed

All this leads to the conclusion that the below Light speed Jay can achieve time travel and dimensional travel through the treadmill, things he cant do on his own

Therefore superman time travelling with the treadmill isn't proof of him being FTL

Nope, Wally tried his hardest later couldn't travel in time at all. Read Flash 51.
    The point being this retcon, such as it is, doesnt change the fact that earlier even when the speed force permitted time travel, it only did so once you crossed the light barrier

To say it was the speed force that allowed Flashes to time travel earlier is then to ignore the times it didnt, just because they failed to cross lightspeed

That it now altogether doesnt allow anybody doesnt change the mechanics of when it did allow, it only allowed the FTL ones not just anybody with the speedforce

Its a weird day when Dork Knight is debunking a claim about Superman
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Welp! Beaten to mentioning just a pile of stuff.

*goes to make lunch or something I guess!*

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

Why make lunch when a perfectly good Denny's restaurant is just around the corner?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Why make lunch when a perfectly good Denny's restaurant is just around the corner?
    The Arbitus continues to ply the King of Rumblers with honeyed words in a bid to lure the magnificent hunter into the kill-pit; and yet I, the humble Sir Cthulhu Attenborough cannot help but wonder if the Arbitus might be better served attempting such tricks, on lesser fare.

*sips tea*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan