Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Maybe they're going to conflate the two and establish that the MCU Enchantress is a Loki variant rather than Amora...??

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe they're going to conflate the two and establish that the MCU Enchantress is a Loki variant rather than Amora...??
    Well the Executioner is usually her henchman but they gave him to Hela. So maybe... she has been absent in the mcu.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-16-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

They do need to work on the time travel theory and mechanics in the mcu. I mean Loki gives an example of Ragnarok that doesn't hold up. Then mobius affirms it doesn't hold up because "There has to be no warnings and no survivors" So why use that metaphor in the first place? Like the writers just caught it was a bad example and had to correct themselves at the last minute?lol. Like establish some ground rules and stick to them.

BANNED

Honest question: is it possible this character is both a Loki variant and Sylvia? It's not like this show is beholden to comics lore.

Gotta admit, today's episode of Loki managed to convey the stakes of Ragnarok a lot better than the film dealing with Ragnarok did.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

BANNED

I don't really see how.
    They just say it's an destructive event where Asgard is destroyed, which is what hear in the movie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Honest question: is it possible this character is both a Loki variant and Sylvia? It's not like this show is beholden to comics lore.
    It is possible. I think it could be a mix of Lady Loki and Sylvia

In the comics, Loki gave Sylvia her powers and Lady Loki is a female body with Loki's spirit however, the show could be a mixture of both and have Loki transfer his spirit into Sylvia's body ( taking into account the powers we have seen).

Was that Agatha Harkness at the Ren Fair? The one who told the TVA agents they weren't dressed properly? I swear it looked just like her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was that Agatha Harkness at the Ren Fair? The one who told the TVA agents they weren't dressed properly? I swear it looked just like her.
    While it isn't likely, and doesn't make much sense, it would explain how she was so adept at diving into a role and living a falsehood so quickly! (in retrospect, knowing she wasn't influenced by Wanda and actively decided to act like that, just makes me think there's a lot about her we don't know...)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Kate Berlant according to IMDb.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Amazing episode. The moments of one on one time between Loki and morbius was the best thing of the episode. If the whole series was just these guys sitting and talking in a cafeteria I wouldn't mind.
    Yeah, the interaction with Mobius and Loki is the heart of what carries the show so far, what makes it compelling enough to really get into. That and giving Hiddleston space to add more nuance to Loki's characterization. I mean, I'm enjoying the show, but I think a weakness is that for narrative simplicity -- in order to let the plot flow along from point A to B easily -- the TVA is unfortunately portrayed as seeming to have about the level of competence of a bunch of mall security guards.

I know the whole point is that they're supposed to need Loki's help, but geez, these guys are just red-shirting all over the place, aren't they? Besides Mobius, I don't know if they've shown any kind of ability, tactical or fighting or otherwise, to make you think they could possibly have been running things, up to this point. I mean, apparently the Variant has killed team after team of them ... they still just kind of wander in and get easily taken out again, no matter how many times it's happened, already.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, the interaction with Mobius and Loki is the heart of what carries the show so far, what makes it compelling enough to really get into. That and giving Hiddleston space to add more nuance to Loki's characterization. I mean, I'm enjoying the show, but I think a weakness is that for narrative simplicity -- in order to let the plot flow along from point A to B easily -- the TVA is unfortunately portrayed as seeming to have about the level of competence of a bunch of mall security guards.

I know the whole point is that they're supposed to need Loki's help, but geez, these guys are just red-shirting all over the place, aren't they? Besides Mobius, I don't know if they've shown any kind of ability, tactical or fighting or otherwise, to make you think they could possibly have been running things, up to this point. I mean, apparently the Variant has killed team after team of them ... they still just kind of wander in and get easily taken out again, no matter how many times it's happened, already.
    Exactly.

For “Time Cops”, they just seem to walk straight into dangerous situations and get wiped out. It doesn’t quite track with the massive responsibility that they’ve been given.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-17-2021 at 03:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

Yeah like the guy who asks Loki "What do these do?" Wow dude you might wanna know what a weapon is before you strap them to your chest. I mean this is serious right? Then hunter is still underestimating Loki after all this. Yeah they really are looking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah like the guy who asks Loki "What do these do?" Wow dude you might wanna know what a weapon is before you strap them to your chest. I mean this is serious right? Then hunter is still underestimating Loki after all this. Yeah they really are looking bad.
    Well, my take on that moment was that he did know -- iirc, Loki had just been telling Mobius how he did watch some of those training videos, so I thought the guy was asking to see if Loki could show he had learned at least that much, what the reset things or whatever were. I suppose it was also meant to be a moment to remind us, as the audience, what they were for, since the whole sequence culminates with the Variant sending a whole bunch of them out to create divergent timelines.

That still goes to the point that the TVA just seems completely inept, though. If Lady Loki or Enchantress or whoever it ends up being has been stealing those reset things every time she attacked a team, you'd think they would have come up with some kind of idea that she was doing that for a reason, and tried to do something to prepare for an attack with a massive stockpile of weapons. Like, if there was some terrorist stealing nuclear weapons, you don't think the government would be super shocked if the terrorist ended up using those weapons. You know, you'd think the whole idea would be to make sure you got them before they could use their stockpile.

Lol, really not meaning to complain too much though, definitely enjoying the show and will continue happily tuning in each Wednesday! On "doesn’t quite track with the massive responsibility that they’ve been given," tho ... really, these guys have taken down lots of Loki's in the past? Doesn't that seem a little hard to buy? I think it's again because the show can't waste too much time bothering just to show how awesome a bunch or Red Shirts are -- like, these guys are in the story to be taken out, and need the main character's help -- but yeah, from what we have seen demonstrated, anyone with even a little bit of guile or cleverness should walk all over them...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He was quizzing Loki because he overheard Loki saying that he watched all the training videos.