Page 541 of 613 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Probably worth putting the whole quote and the question it was in response to.

Question: "For the first time ever, we have a DC Universe where Superman has a kid in a story that isn't a fakeout.
    So I gotta wonder... is Superboy's great great great great great great great great great great grandkid in the 31st century?"

Bendis: "how is this for a non answer answer? action comics 1023 is the first issue of the HOUSE OF KENT. it guest stars jon Kent, Conner Kent (yes they meet), Jonathan and Martha Kent and brainiac 5! a must read for young justice readers too."

Been waiting on these particular plot points to start getting some play. I'm pretty hype for this.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So the Kents are alive, you say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the Kents are alive, you say ?
    Eh, we knew it was coming from Doomsday Clock issue 1. I had some tiny, slim hope that Bendis would dodge the bullet for us and the Kents would never be mentioned as living in the current day, but alas.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, we knew it was coming from Doomsday Clock issue 1. I had some tiny, slim hope that Bendis would dodge the bullet for us and the Kents would never be mentioned as living in the current day, but alas.
    With 5G coming, I doubt you'll have to worry about them for long lol..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Are we forgetting that time travel is a very real tool in Legion stories? We thought the Superman: Heroes story with the Kents would be present day too. It probably isn't another flashback but I'm not ruling it out.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Are we forgetting that time travel is a very real tool in Legion stories? We thought the Superman: Heroes story with the Kents would be present day too. It probably isn't another flashback but I'm not ruling it out.
    Bendis has teased being aware of doomsday clock and everything making sense eventually..though with Scott Snyder recently said DC timelines were split, including doomsday clock..It's kinda weird to not show actual dooomsday clock plotlines in this book because now it just makes continuity for justice league confusing.

Young Justice was also shown as an alternate timeline, and by extension all of the Super books and Wonder Comics. Death Metal is meant to merge everything, along with Wally in Generation Zero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hear Janin will be doing one of the Generation books coming up.

I find myself hoping that it'll be the Age of Tomorrow book with Bendis. I know Reis is also slated to be working on one of the books, but boy-o-boy would it be absolutely insane to put Janin on anything other than some future-forward book after this issue's display. Honestly, a part of me kind of hopes that he stays on with Bendis to relaunch Superman for 5G. Reis is outstanding, and he's been doing the work of his career on Superman so far, but I think if you're going to relaunch the Superman book, you're going to need to have that shift in art style to signify the change over. I think Janin would do an outstanding "Superman of Tomorrow" artist.

And for the record, Janin did say that he'll be working on another "big new project" for DC soon. One would assume that's the aforementioned Generations one-shot, but in the way Janin talks about it, he seems to imply that it's a run similar to Batman, Grayson, or JLD. And as we've seen with Bendis before, he particularly likes to sort of "tease" his next big artist by working with them on something else first. In this case, it's Legion of Super-Heroes issue #4 and possibly the Generations one-shot. Before that it was Gleason on Action Comics before Young Justice, Reis on Man of Steel before Superman, and Sook on Man of Steel and Action before Legion.

Janin from issue 4 of Legion

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I gotta say, I really wish Jon wasn't saying "Great Scott" unironically.

Haha aw man, you didn't like that? I mean, I see where you're coming from especially after our recent conversation, but I gotta say I actually liked it in the moment. The way he said it in the context of all of the science police surrounding them and us/him just going through the half finished presentation (like being torn away from a comic mid story) worked for me not just as a stinger ending, but also as a silver age cover. It fits right in with something like "Great Scott! I though Jimmy was my best pal". But again, I get it.

If it helps any, it's worth mentioning that this seems to have less to do with Jon mirroring Clark and more to do with the idea of Bendis sort of making the iconic phrases in the Superman world somewhat communal. Over in Action Comics 1004, after making love Clark and Lois exclaim "great Caesar's ghost". And over in Young Justice Conner exclaims "great freakin Scott" after finding out about Doctor Glory. It seems to just just be a group thing that he's sharing between all the characters from time to time.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Same here. I was like "what the?". Bendis's jon is clark. It was out of the blue.he hasn't even shown a flashback which show jon picking these things from perry or clark as a kid. Even then i wouldn't be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Haha aw man, you didn't like that? I mean, I see where you're coming from especially after our recent conversation, but I gotta say I actually liked it in the moment. The way he said it in the context of all of the science police surrounding them and us/him just going through the half finished presentation (like being torn away from a comic mid story) worked for me not just as a stinger ending, but also as a silver age cover. It fits right in with something like "Great Scott! I though Jimmy was my best pal". But again, I get it.

If it helps any, it's worth mentioning that this seems to have less to do with Jon mirroring Clark and more to do with the idea of Bendis sort of making the iconic phrases in the Superman world somewhat communal. Over in Action Comics 1004, after making love Clark and Lois exclaim "great Caesar's ghost". And over in Young Justice Conner exclaims "great freakin Scott" after finding out about Doctor Glory. It seems to just just be a group thing that he's sharing between all the characters from time to time.
    Of course Supergirl is an exception. Since, unlike the others, she actually remembers living on Krypton, she uses their sayings. So her swear is Rao instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I get the reference, but if Jon is ever going to work as Superman/boy in his own right, he needs to establish his own spin instead of playing the hits, so to speak... And there hasn't been one yet. This is just another instance of that. If it was Clark, I would have laughed, but with Jon it's yet another missed opportunity. :/

Eh, like said, it worked for me personally. Bendis has had Conner say it too, and he's had Clark and Lois take a phrase form Perry, so I don't really take this as any sort of slight. And since it was purposefully a homage in the nature of its delivery, I was just able to enjoy it on that level.

Eh, like said, it worked for me personally. Bendis has had Conner say it too, and he's had Clark and Lois take a phrase form Perry, so I don't really take this as any sort of slight. And since it was purposefully a homage in the nature of its delivery, I was just able to enjoy it on that level.
    Fair, and I think I would too if they weren't gearing up for him taking over and I like Jon so I don't want him to fail. But as it is, I'm not seeing them position him to do anything but be a cover track of his old man. If 5G wasn't around the corner, I think I'd just look at it as him taking a chip off the old block, but so far I've yet to see post-Timeskip Jon really establish himself and it's starting to become worrying.