Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    The one thing I wasn't sure about was whether or not the bracers caused a shockwave, or if she absorbed the power from Doomsday's blast and then released it by smashing the bracelets together.

Either way? Just got back from seeing it and I'm a very happy puppy. She's powerful, she's smart (outfoxes Bruce at one point) and has some great combat moves and some very well done scenes with Bruce. I would have liked to see her spend more time out of combat with Clark (They don't share any screen time out of costume).

Can't wait to see her...i mean see the movie ... again!
    Yeah, that's a good question. I think the latter parts of the battle when Superman went off to (spoilery stuff removed) indicate that they are just shockwaves from when she clangs them. During that section her and the uberDD were trading explosions with each other (it looked comical because the stuff around them like debris was getting tossed about). Since she did those without a 'triggering' blast that would seem to indicate no absorption is required. Loved the sound effects and sound design for those (it is HILARIOUS when they are trading) and they enhanced the message that DD had gotten more powerful due to the difference in duration and cadence

BANNED

I saw the movie twice and her scenes as Diana Prince were fine, the first half of the movie was great. The second half though was not as good, I thought from reading things around the internet Wonder Woman would do WAY more against Doomsday, but it was more like blink-and-you'll-miss-it. I have no idea, after seeing Dawn of Justice twice, how strong, fast and durable she is, I don't think she took a direct hit from Doomsday, at this point her stats are sort of up in the air. After this veeeeeeeeeey loooooooong wait, that's a bit of a bummer, I think we deserved way more...The "gateway drug to the Justice League", how? All in all, I don't think the movie or Wonder Woman quite live up to the hype...It wasn't bad by any means but it sure did leave a lot to be desired
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 03-25-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    I saw the movie twice and her scenes as Diana Prince were fine, the first half of the movie was great. The second half though was not as good, I thought from reading things around the internet Wonder Woman would do WAY more against Doomsday, but it was more like blink-and-you'll-miss-it. I have no idea, after seeing Dawn of Justice twice, how strong, fast and durable she is, I don't think she took a direct hit from Doomsday, her stats are sort of up in the air. After this veeeeeeeeeey loooooooong wait, that's a bit of a bummer, I think we deserved way more...The "gateway drug to the Justice League", how? All in all, I don't think the movie or Wonder Woman quite live up to the hype...It wasn't bad by any means but it sure did leave a lot to be desired
    the movie really should have been batman vs. superman vs. wonder woman, at least in plot if not in name tho ideally itd be both

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    the movie really should have been batman vs. superman vs. wonder woman, at least in plot if not in name tho ideally itd be both
    The movie should've been called "Dawn of Justice", they should've just teased the fight between Batman and Superman and written a proper role for Wonder Woman, one that actually satisfies the hype, and the wait...they went about it all wrong, they promised a Batman v Superman EPIC showdown, overhyped Wonder Woman and ultimately didn't deliver the goods, in a way that feels satisfying...
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 03-25-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Mighty Member

The movie should've been called "Dawn of Justice", they should've just teased the fight between Batman and Superman and written a proper role for Wonder Woman, one that actually satisfies the hype, and the wait...they went about it all wrong, they promised a Batman v Superman EPIC showdown, overhyped Wonder Woman and ultimately didn't deliver the goods, in a way that feels satisfying...
    I don't think they overhyped wonder woman but I think people over hyped her after seeing it which made me think she's be more important than she was

And well batman vs superman gets more people excited sense the name is more recognizable

BANNED

I don't think they overhyped wonder woman but I think people over hyped her after seeing it which made me think she's be more important than she was

And well batman vs superman gets more people excited sense the name is more recognizable
    Yeah they did, they were like "small but impactful", "she's the gateway drug to the Justice League", "she does all the cool stuff", "she comes in and does something huge"...Turns out, it's more like blink-and-you'll-miss-it plus her role was inconsequential
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 03-25-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Well they didn't lie but def disingenous about it lol. One problem I did have was how tacked on she and the jl felt when she's known for ending war and conflict so they had the perfect opportunity to incorporate her more without that but I was still pleased with what we got

I liked the movie a great deal, and Gadot as Wonder Woman was one of its high points. I now look forward to the WW movie even more than I did before so kudos!
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I loved Diana's face when Lex was talking about Prometheus and Greek myths.

I don't know. Her role was pretty critical in the final confrontation. Batman would have been ash without her and Superman would have been overcome. The threat presented by Doomsday really did require the additional power as well as the tactical elements she brought. Her use of the lasso provided the opportunity for a precision strike by both the Batman and the Superman that would have otherwise been unavailable.

Extraordinary Member

I give Gal's Wonder Woman a 9.

Movie overall gets a 7. Very heavy and about 30 minutes too long.

Love her theme music.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

I saw the movie twice and her scenes as Diana Prince were fine, the first half of the movie was great. The second half though was not as good, I thought from reading things around the internet Wonder Woman would do WAY more against Doomsday, but it was more like blink-and-you'll-miss-it. I have no idea, after seeing Dawn of Justice twice, how strong, fast and durable she is, I don't think she took a direct hit from Doomsday, at this point her stats are sort of up in the air. After this veeeeeeeeeey loooooooong wait, that's a bit of a bummer, I think we deserved way more...The "gateway drug to the Justice League", how? All in all, I don't think the movie or Wonder Woman quite live up to the hype...It wasn't bad by any means but it sure did leave a lot to be desired
    Why should she take a full on hit? Being the worlds best fighter means she should be hard to tag.

Plus she CUT OFF HIS FRIKKIN' ARM! Lol
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The crowd in my theater was pretty quiet throughout the movie but everyone exploded when Wonder Woman showed up in full costume. And a big applause went up again when the lasso made an appearance. I really hope they have some big scenes planned for the lasso of truth. It's such an iconic weapon but it is the butt of a lot of jokes.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-25-2016 at 11:44 PM.

been checking Japanese audiences reactions on Twitter and such.
    the movie itself got mixed reactions as expected but people are loving WW, despite the fact that most of them don't even know who WW is! (over here, she is not an icon)
    i've seen many comments like "who the heck is that chick, she's so cool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't know. Her role was pretty critical in the final confrontation. Batman would have been ash without her and Superman would have been overcome. The threat presented by Doomsday really did require the additional power as well as the tactical elements she brought. Her use of the lasso provided the opportunity for a precision strike by both the Batman and the Superman that would have otherwise been unavailable.
    Yup, she saved their asses. Frankly, I was thinking "Hand Wondy the spear, let her show you how its done!" but her hands were full at the time so it still made some sense.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass