Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not everything from the Adam West show made it into other media.
    Well, some did at least eventually show up in the Batman '66 comic book series, so that's at least two types of media . . .

Retired

Julius Schwartz seemed resistant to bringing back Catwoman, even though she was appearing on the TV show in 1966, delaying her return in the comics he edited until late 1967--when she wore new costume designs. However, she made her actual comics return first in SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE 70 (November 1966), edited by Mort Weisinger, with art by Kurt Schaffenberger that had her in a modified version of the 1940s costume--no skirt but leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Julius Schwartz seemed resistant to bringing back Catwoman, even though she was appearing on the TV show in 1966, delaying her return in the comics he edited until late 1967--when she wore new costume designs. However, she made her actual comics return first in SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE 70 (November 1966), edited by Mort Weisinger, with art by Kurt Schaffenberger that had her in a modified version of the 1940s costume--no skirt but leggings.

This is sort of what I had in mind for the Batman 1966 show. This should also be Catwoman's modern costume if they don't want to give her a skirt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Get rid of the green cape. I love capes, but it’s unnecessary for Catwoman. Bring in more purple, but I’d like to see an updated version of this Neal Adams classic.
    10823131-9073-407F-B407-E52028BB34EC.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Retired

I know that Neal Adams drew that puss n boots outfit on the cover and Irv Novick inside the issue (BATMAN 210), but I think it was the writer (and a great artist in his own right) that came up with the design. Frank Robbins.

BANNED

Purple slit skirts are still the best.

Given Selina's line of work, dresses and capes don't seem ideal to me. (How is she gonna dodge security lasers in a skirt?) I like her black catsuits best.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I know that Neal Adams drew that puss n boots outfit on the cover and Irv Novick inside the issue (BATMAN 210), but I think it was the writer (and a great artist in his own right) that came up with the design. Frank Robbins.

Good to know!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    Given Selina's line of work, dresses and capes don't seem ideal to me. (How is she gonna dodge security lasers in a skirt?) I like her black catsuits best.
    What I was coming here to say.

It's way too impractical for her chosen lifestyle.

And yes I know there are several impractical costumes in comics but let's try to limit it when we can

Just saying if Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Huntress, and Batwoman can make a cape work to their advantage, why can't Catwoman?

BANNED

Selina is not there to be practical; she's there to be glamorous like an evil movie star. If Batman wants to take his children out crime-busting with him, is dressing them up in bright red, yellow, and green the best choice to keep them from being shot to ribbons?

Nah, that color combination is terrible and the look just reminds me of someone's kinky grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Nah, that color combination is terrible and the look just reminds me of someone's kinky grandma.
    I don't think I ever knew anyone who had a kinky grandma . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think I ever knew anyone who had a kinky grandma . . .
    I have a 90 year-old nymphomaniac mother-in-law. Is that Too Much Information on a Sunday or WHAT?

I feel the same way. As a burglar, she is squeezing into tight spots, hanging upside down from a wire while stealing diamonds from a display case, etc. Can't imagine a cape and long skirt would work very well in those situations (haha!). Granted, the idea of a cape on ANY hero or villain is really stupid (see The Incredibles for reasons why!). To me, characters based on a bat or bird seems to make sense having a cape (wings) however I don't see why a cat would have a cape. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.