Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That image with all the X-Men. Don’t think we were to take those specific characters literally though.
    Honestly, I think only Scott and Rachel are going to be regulars on X-Men and everyone else is on rotation. Jean and Logan will be semi-regular but they technically have their own book that will take up most of their time. Rachel is probably going to be Scott's regular telepath, plus if they stick with some of the things that have happened, Scott may just want to keep his daughter close all the time.

But I imagine the Marauders team will pop-up in X-Men occasionally. But because their team may not be at base very often, I think Kitty, Storm, Emma, Iceman, Bishop, and Pyro may be away from base a lot and may not appear in X-Men very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That image with all the X-Men. Don’t think we were to take those specific characters literally though.
    There was the Mark Brooks Power of X and House X, which included like 50 mutants and for the those minis. And then there was the X-Men "cast of characters" which was basically everyone on a team book. So yeah, I don't think that means anything. Emma will likely make an appearance given how central she has been in Scott's life; but she also "made an appearance" in Secret Empire, X-Men Blue, etc and that's all glorified cameos.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    There was the Mark Brooks Power of X and House X, which included like 50 mutants and for the those minis. And then there was the X-Men "cast of characters" which was basically everyone on a team book. So yeah, I don't think that means anything. Emma will likely make an appearance given how central she has been in Scott's life; but she also "made an appearance" in Secret Empire, X-Men Blue, etc and that's all glorified cameos.
    She's one of Hickmans favourite too. The main book is a rotating cast

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Lol, Wolverine’s all like “No, ‘Ro! Don’t do it, she’s too hot to kill!”
    lololol right?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think the Storm, Katherine Pryde and Emma Frost dynamic is what makes me more excited for this series.

Remember the last thing Emma did was:
    1. Hide all mutants and disarm all of ONE. Undo the vaccine etc. After Scott's decision it ended up being stalling long enough So recruitment arrived.
    2. All those deaths are undone now.

And while Storm was pissed off at being used in X-Men Black I think she'd be happy Shaw is off the board and the Hellfire Club is united. In the sense that if you needed to take down the Hellfire Club you'd only have to go after one person.

Kitty saw Emma help Iceman in his last issue.

Regardless, I don't expect them to be best of friends but hopefully we will see growth. I think there's a specific reason why they're travelling on a boat and why the Hellfire Club is called that.

I hope to see an evolution with their relationships. And I hope to see Storm finally get some narrative back. Essentially you have several leaders of the X-Men on that team. They could serve as a counter to Scott and Xavier
    this is same book ororo begged Emma to let her be on the xmen. no thank you that isnt ororo that is something else and it ain't cute.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Of course X writers weren't seriously. Every X-men just keep forgiving Emma all the time. It's absurd

Nobody is talking about feats
    it's very absurd. its ridiculous.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There was actually a reason for Emma telling off Storm here.

When this took place her telepathy was broken (Bendis also had Cyclops, Magik and Magneto with broken powers here), so she was unable to comply with Storm's request. Naturally she did not want anyone to know of this weakness, hence the throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i dont think your assessment here is an accurate one. Emma throughout her time with working with Ororo has done everything in her power to disrespect her. Not including her stealing her body, Emma tried to intimidate her when Professor X allowed her to join the xmen. She insensitively antagonized her after her marriage was annulled:

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

When this took place her telepathy was broken (Bendis also had Cyclops, Magik and Magneto with broken powers here), so she was unable to comply with Storm's request. Naturally she did not want anyone to know of this weakness, hence the throwback.
    So because her power is broken it's ok for her to antagonize her by asking about her dissolved marriage? Its inexcusable regardless of her reasons for being a rude, heartless b!tch.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Doesn't need to be a a*hole about it. She was twice mean and ororo just accepted it.

So I guess what you are both saying with all your Emma hate is that you won't be buying the Marauders book. Ok, thanks for clearing that up for everyone. Do you want us to make you a hate thread so you can keep ranting about Emma till your blue in the face.

why all the snark? im.just saying ororo working with Emma considering all the things Emma has done to her doesnt make sense and as a storm fan doesnt entice my interest in the book. frankly storm fans who feel this way shouldnt surprise readers as it's not as if I'm making this up. read ivx and Emma xmen black if you dont understand my points. nevertheless, it's ok to differ without being condescending to one another.

BANNED

Most of the X-Men should barely be able to talk to each other, because at some point most of them were assholes to each other.

Also, there's a key difference between working with a person and being friends with that person. If some of you want Storm to be weak-minded enough that she can't walk past that, I guess the X-Books treatment of her should be more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Most of the X-Men should barely be able to talk to each other, because at some point most of them were assholes to each other.

Also, there's a key difference between working with a person and being friends with that person. If some of you want Storm to be weak-minded enough that she can't walk past that, I guess the X-Books treatment of her should be more attractive.
    how many times does ororo have to work with Emma to know she is a snake that cant be trusted? ororo isnt petty (she can be) but this idea that she should continually work with someone like Emma makes her seem idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So I guess what you are both saying with all your Emma hate is that you won't be buying the Marauders book. Ok, thanks for clearing that up for everyone. Do you want us to make you a hate thread so you can keep ranting about Emma till your blue in the face.
    This^^^^

We know, Spirit and Butterfly. We know you hate Emma. You've made that clear many many many times. No reason to keep bashing on the character again.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Also this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how many times does ororo have to work with Emma to know she is a snake that cant be trusted? ororo isnt petty (she can be) but this idea that she should continually work with someone like Emma makes her seem idiotic.
    So far Emma's only back-stabbed Ororo like twice (since you all like to include X-Men Black). Storm's been on the same team as Magneto and he almost killed most of her friends and her multiple times plus he betrayed them with his first hero-to-villain turn back in the late 80s.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So far Emma's only back-stabbed Ororo like twice (since you all like to include X-Men Black). Storm's been on the same team as Magneto and he almost killed most of her friends and her multiple times plus he betrayed them with his first hero-to-villain turn back in the late 80s.
    He didnt betray them then. He was no longer an X-men when he went back to being a villian. The X-men had been presumed dead and they were just reuniting after being disbanded by the time he learned they were alive but he didnt rejoin them. There was no betrayal.

Emma has to earn Ororo's trust back. Maybe that will happen in HoX but in current continuity, Emma has burned alot of bridges with her and the rest of the X-men. You dont have to go back to the 80s as Im talking about all the stuff from DoX, IvX, Secret Empire, Mothervine, Xmen Black, Uncanny X-men. Emma has been very duplicitous and has screwed them over, switched allegiances multiple times and has given Storm every reason not to trust her. Magneto has always been very transparent in a way that Emma hasnt in recent years. She flips flops too often to be taken seriously
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-23-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1. swapped bodies with her
    2. tried to mindwipe her when she joined xmen
    3. lied to her during ivx
    4. lied to her in xmen black

and I dont lump.magneto in the same category as Emma primarily for reason number 1. this was an act ororo deemed unforgivable.